Coming Soon? I Hope... (1 Viewer)

What do the nostalgia & Divisional racers do about that now? Is there a fuel truck on site that sells the fuel? Thinking about small races, like Chaos as well.

Before getting too deep into this find out about transporting Nitro. NHRA is probably not going to allow anyone to bring Nitro into a race unless they have a permit to transport it because of liability to themselves. The Big Show races have a truck that hauls your fuel for you, but what about things like Division races. It will probably not be worth it to the vendor to go to all Division races in all the states and that makes it lopsided for the points. ICC rules are getting crazy. I have some Nitro for the "Cackle" car, but technically can't drive it down the road.
Well, the A/FDs seem to get it handled.

Nostalgia racers that run outside of the NHRA buy their fuel on their own,after the necessary paperwork is completed. Funny Car Chaos is bring your own nitro. The NHRA sanctioned races (national and divisional events) is where the fuel truck is,it just can't be purchased as cheaply there as it can from another source.

I was told some years back that the reason we don’t have un-blown nitro FC is Brad Anderson. He lobbied hard and got the ban on it before it ever happened. But would he care now?

I say allow it. Racers choice.

Had one for a short time till IHRA banned them due to pressure from blown cars. To this day Bill Bader regrets the decision as there were more than a few waiting in the wings and the blown cars were on the downslide…………..Steve Boggs is the guru you need to speak with………….everyone was scared to death in the 90’s because of several accidents involving safety procedures, some of these guys just didn’t understand nitro and compression. Not a problem today, even rookies are much smarter. Another good person to speak with is Bob Otto. Good thing about these cars is they put on a really good show, especially at 100%, nothing in the world sounds better than an injected car on 100%. Not saying I’d build one but would sure think about it…………header flames over the roof and plenty of noise, just like the big brothers but sound much better at an idle……………………….nothing cooler than an A/Fueler on the starting line on the high side rocking back and forth…………as you can tell I, like Steve and Bob am/are a little prejudiced……..

If you (NHRA) decide to do this, please don’t do it for a few years and dump the program, times are tough and it may take a few years to get a nice compliment of cars, but, it will happen with the correct rules and Steve Boggs is the man.

These cars would be great for match racing at smaller tracks for added income for the owners, much easier to sell then a blown car on alcohol………

My $.30 cents

Best to y’all

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back