These are the groups/artistes l've seen in concert. Who have you seen in concert? (2 Viewers)

WAAAYYYYY too many to list and plenty I`ve forgotten about. The two best shows I`ve seen would have been The Who on their Farewell Tour (yeah, right!) in `82 in the Kingdome with The Clash opening. Next would have been the Stones at the Rose Bowl in `94 on the Voodoo Lounge Tour with Buddy Guy and the Red Hot Chili Peppers as the leadins.
Just saw that The Who are playing Sat. night 11/11 at the Indian Wells Tennis Center in Palm Springs! Maybe I`ll take a 70 mile drive down the 10 once qualifyings over....hmmm.

what fun making this list is for me

kiss (5x , always in makeup)
aerosmith( they sucked drunk in the 70s , seen em 4 more times post drugs. they're awesome now)
vanhalen. they are better drunk
tom petty in 77
j geils same night
styx
starz
dave mason
heart
outlaws
wet wille
yes
rush(13x and counting)
zztop
skynyrd
bill bruford's earthworks jazz band
king crimson double trio 95
jean-luc ponty
michael brecker
stan kenton orchestra
buddy rich
maynard ferguson
the gadd gang jazz band
spyro gyro
bobby vinton(no shit)
garth
reba
brooks-dunn
alan jackson
shania twain
alan holdsworth (jazzer)
steely dan
level 42
steve winwood
pretenders
bruce hornsby
backstreet boys( hey i have a daughter)
blink-182(hey i have an older daughter)
candlebox
bela fleck and the flecktones
chicago
anderson bruford wakemen howe(ok that's yes minus squire)
neil young
fine young cannibals
huey lewis and the news
joe jackson
moody blues
the fixx
boston
the cars
wang chung
robert plant solo 1982
molly hatchet
kansas
bryan ferry
alan parsons project
no doubt ( another one for the daughters)
weezer
new found glory
utopia
the tubes
gene loves jezebel
ramones
steve morse band
psychedelic furs

comedians

richard jeni
carlin
dana carvey
kathy griffin

next month i finally see the cult that's the plain old cult not sugar blue oyster or anyother cults.

just THE CULT. you may remember she sells sanctuary , love removal machine, fire woman, etc.

awesome blend of modern and late 60s sounds. kind of what led zep and steppenwolf would sound like if they had ever jammed together

rock on folks, it makes my world go round

what fun making this list is for me
rock on folks, it makes my world go round

Bob/DY,

Your list comes closest to mine, although I started in the early 70's and can't remember that far back! :confused:

I took the liberty of using your list, but removing all the groups/bands/artists on your list that I HAD NOT seen and adding some. Easier that way...less typing.

acoustic alchemy
bob dylan
bonnie rait
bruce springsteen
everything but the girl
tom petty (couple times)
james taylor
jars of clay
j geils
kenny loggins
dave mason
don henley (minus the eagles)
fleetwood mac (before and after buckingham - nicks joined)
frank zappa
heart
skynyrd
king crimson
jean-luc ponty
steve winwood
pretenders
bruce hornsby
chicago
neil young
stephen stills
huey lewis and the news
jackson browne (5 or 6 times)
joe jackson
marshall tucker band
moody blues
boston
the cars
bryan ferry
alan parsons project
todd rundgren (several times)
the tubes
the who
yes
u2

....and I'm sure many more that the old mind has put on the back burner.

Okay here we go...
Neil Diamond '72 at the Greek... Tuesday and Thursday night (Thrusday sat in the trees)
And Neil a couple of times out here...
Skynard w/ Ted Nugent opening aug 01
Had Aerosmith tickets for their show a couple of days after my birthday 11 sept 01, needless to say the show was canceled ...

as far as the rest (70's).... whoa man great show... who was that again, I forget.... (believe somewhere in there was Deep Purple, Edgar Winters, Proco Harem, Yes, BTO or were they still Guess Who... heck don't remember them all, some brain cell went to the great beyond during the 70's, along with ten dollar tickets):eek:

A bunch of hard rock bands,
favorite show was
The monsters of rock summer of '88 at the Los Angeles coliseum.
It was 10 or so hours, 80,000 in attendance
Van Halen headlined
also
metallica, dokken, and a few others. Fantastic show.

I had rock & roll hair down to my mid-back!

And to the person who saw the Distillers, were they amazing? I love them. I am afraid to go see a show. I don't think I'm punk enough anymore.

The Distillers were the very first band up that day (11:30AM !) Unfortunately, we were walking thru the gates as they were finishing up their last couple of songs, so I didn't get a chance to really hear them. As for not thinking you're not "punk enough", punk, like age is just a state of mind. Sometimes doing the things that are least expected of someone is the most "punk" thing one can do. The cool thing about this show was the age diversity of the crowd. We spotted kids as young as 10 with their parents, groups of teens with their liberty spikes looking like it was 1977 all over again, and of course alot of us who were in our late 30's and early 40's, all there for the same reason.

Hope you enjoy Queensryche tomorrow night, I would have gone to the Portland show last night, but I just cant hack staying out that late on a work night anymore:D

Peace,
Mike Cornelius
A.K.A. NHRAMike

I've been to soooooo many concerts. I don't even want to think that much. ;) I think my last one was George Thorogood with Los Lonely Boys opening....that was '04.

My favorite, by far, was Peter Gabriel in about '87 (I think). That was a PLEASANT surprise. I wouldn't have gone if a friend hadn't won tickets for it. I was in awe and engulfed in the whole thing! What an awesome experience!

Pretty cool list folks... And even cooler that some of them were shows I worked on or did lights for.
Seen hundreds of shows a year..The only problem is they are usually the SAME ONE!! :p

Since '97... I try to go to at least 1 or 2 concerts a year. This year I am 1 and 2 more.

Some people are amazed at this list considering I'm only 24 years old:

Beach Boys - '97
Stevie Nicks - '98
The Brian Setzer Orchastra - '99.
Meat Loaf - 2000.
The Lloyd's BBQ Blues Festival - '01.
Heart, then RUSH - '02.
The G3 Tour - '03.
Eric Sardinas - '04. (Twice!).
Maroon 5 (only went because the Donnas were the opening act), then Journey and then ZZ Top - '05.

This year I saw Joe Satriani. In a week I am going to see Eric Clapton and in November I am going to see Shannon Curfman (20 years old and can play guitar with the best of them).

If I had access to a time machine, I would go back to around '89 or so and take in a couple of Stevie Ray Vaughan concerts. Wish he was still around. :(

My favorite, by far, was Peter Gabriel in about '87 (I think). That was a PLEASANT surprise. I wouldn't have gone if a friend hadn't won tickets for it. I was in awe and engulfed in the whole thing! What an awesome experience!

Kelly, do think PG would want to be your Sledge Hammer?

If I had access to a time machine, I would go back to around '89 or so and take in a couple of Stevie Ray Vaughan concerts. Wish he was still around. :(

Sam,
one of my greatest rock n roll memories was seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan play, supported by The Fabulous Thunderbirds. At the end of the set, Stevie came out with a double necked 12 string - he sat down and played the bottom neck while Jimmy leaned over him and played the top neck - simply unbelievable.
Reading through the lists of bands people here have seen brings back lots of memories of seeing mostly the same bands only 12000 miles away.
1st concert I remember David Bowie Sydney Showground 1977.(I was 15 and had my 1st joint !)
Some of the best were Springsteen (No.1), Sam and Dave, Stones, early U2 and 100's of Aussie pub bands.

Mark.

In no particular order...

- The Oak Ridge Boys & Kenny Rogers (Yikes!)
- Autograph & Motley Crue
- Mr. Big & Rush
- White Lion & AC/DC (visited Bon Scott's graveside & paid my respects when my ship pulled into Fremantle, Austrailia in 2003)
- Exodus, Helloween & Anthrax
- Queensryche & Def Leppard
- Rush
- Lita Ford & Poison
- Billy Squier, Bad Company & Styx
- Guns -n- Roses & Motley Crue
- The Cult & Metallica
- Rush (R30)
- Motley Crue
- Skid Row & Bon Jovi
- Anthrax & Ozzy Osbourne
- Deftones, White Zombie & Pantera

try to remember
-ratt
-rush(3x)
-scorpions
-bb king
-johnny lee hooker
-stevie ray vaughn
-jackson brown
-u2
-zztop(2x)
-def leppard
-aerosmith
-sting
-rod stewart(wife made me go)
-reba mcentire/vince gill
-the judds
-clint black
-al demiola
-john melincamp
-willie nelson (8x)
-ac/dc
really want to see john mayer

Last edited:
mayer don't put on a flashy show, he lets the music take care of business...
go check him out next time he's in the area

I am going to miss a ton- but here goes
Flotsam and Jetsam, Dream theater, Boston, Whitesnake, Kansas, Winger,Warrant, The Tubes, Tesla, Slaughter, Metallica, Sacred Reich, Queensryche, Chicago Transit Authority 2, Extreme, The Refreshments, Scorpions, Styx, Bryan Adams, Journey, Van Halen, Type O Negative, Great White, Weird Al, Kix, Don Felder, and I am going to remember 50 others as soon as I finish this post.
I have played for the lynch mob, and my dad's band opened up for the tubes. (Do these count for anything?)

I have played for the lynch mob
Checked them out when they toured in support of their 2nd album. Hanging out backstage before the show w/ 3 of my friends, George came out and stood next to us. He was having a smoke, it was just us 5 and the roadies doing their work. We asked him for an autograph or to join in on the conversation. Typical of him, he said "Not now, maybe later." He then stood there right next to us for another 5 minutes. Jerk.
Later on, Mick was very cool, gave us used drumsticks, signed heads. Anthony Esposito(on bass) was cool too. Didn't see Oni.

and my dad's band opened up for the tubes.
Tubes play shows every once and awhile at a beach bar near here.
Maybe Doc can open again out here at the beach!:cool:

I was playing a little metal club in Phoenix, and they came walking in. This was a few months prior to their debut album. Just sat down and watched our set and one other band. As Lynch is a guitar hero of mine, I was a bit nervous at the time. Pretty good gig. Don't remember exactly when. Probably around summer of 90'. They did not say much. Talked amongst themselves, but not really to anyone else. Then left as quietly as they came in.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back