Best Venue for a Concert...EVER!!! (1 Viewer)

Oh I am so glad for this one, right up my allley. I listen to a lot of those 'jambands' (Yonder, WSP etc...) IT all started seeing the Dead back in college. AS they say, the bus came by and I got on, thats when it all began

I have been to all of the venues named here - So some thoughts on each.

Red Rocks - My home venue. I got my High school diploma here and have many memories of this place. THe recent upgrades are very nice, the hall of fame is quite a treat. I had some concerns when the upgrades were announced, thankfully they were done right. At one point there was talk of tearing out the trees for box seats, and leveling the south side for a food court!

The Gorge - Scenary is second to none, what a beautiful place with the stage backed up to the canyon. I dont compare it to Red Rocks, they are 2 different venues in many ways, but to me its like a big Red Rocks

Paolo Soleri - WEnt to shows back in 96,97 there. I hear they added seats, but when I was there it was maybe 2,000 capacity and I swear only about 10 rows. The first row was level with the band, they were like 5 feet in front of you. Wonderful place, I hear bands have a hard time loading and unloading there.

Tim - GLad you had fun at that show. I missed that one but have seen both bands a lot. Saw YOnder at the Mishawaka about 6 years ago (another great venue), and the band came back to our campsite and picked with us until the wee hours, quite a treat! Also saw Keller at the first Quixotes about 8 years ago on a Sunday afternoon with about 20 people total. My girlfriend sat next to him before the show and didnt even know it. That guy is amazing

Last but not least, at Red Rocks photo that sums it all up
RedRocksRainbow2.jpg

The two times I've been to RR you do soo much walking! And all those steps, I can imagine the entertainment watching the drunk asses stumbling down them steps!

The two times I've been to RR you do soo much walking! And all those steps, I can imagine the entertainment watching the drunk asses stumbling down them steps!

Its always a good time watching some of the 'tweakers' manage the stairs!

I call the ramp going into Red Rocks - Buzzkill hill - No matter how much pre game you do in the lot you will be sober by the time you get to your seats. From a business perspective its good planning, beer sales must be through the roof!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back