Best Venue for a Concert...EVER!!! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
So, last night, the Girlfriend took me to see Keller Williams and the Yonder Mountain String Band at Red Rocks here in Colorado. Now, I have been to many a show at Red Rocks. I've seen, 311, the Cure, Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews, Primus, Pearl Jam, Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick, just to name a few. Even seen Metallica there. But, i'll tell you something, last night, was really the 1st time that I sat back, and really enjoyed a concert at this AMAZING PLACE. I guess the "Moment of Reflection" came as Yonder Mountain came on stage. Now, if you don't know these guys music, let's just say that there were many "fans of the Hooka" there;). As a matter of fact when Yonder came on stage, the lighting guys (you know those Wanna Be Martin Thomas' out there), brought down all the lights. As soon as they came back on, there was MORE "FOG" in the audience, then being produced thru the machine on the stage!!! But, the venue itself is awesome. Clean Bathrooms, great seats, amazing accoustics, overpriced beer, (you know all the important things a good venue needs).

I was wondering what place you consider to be the best place to see a concert is?:cool:

Oh, btw, Keller Williams.... Yeah.. HE KICKED ASS LAST NIGHT! Amazing what ONE PERSON can do!

Ever since I first saw U2's "Under A Blood Red Sky" I have wanted to see a show at Red Rocks.

Yesterday I was actually at the Newport Folk Fest which is right on the water at Fort Adams State Park. The stage over looks Naragansett Bay and hundereds of boats pull up and listen. Although I have never been to Red Rocks I would still rate it as the #1 venue with Newporta very close second (it only hosts a few shows per year), and Jones Beach, NY third all as far as location and scenery go.

So that I don't hijack your thread I will start my own with my pics from Newport.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhh... I don't know if I can include myself in this one (seen too many..)

Probably the best in the US is The Gorge in George, Washington....

I lived in Lakewood, Colorado for awhile as a kid and can remember going to Red Rocks. I still recall the Beatles playing there in 1964.

I've also been to The Gorge near George, Washington on several occasions. Excellent venue.

The Pearl at the Palms does kick ass ... I have only seen 3 shows there ... and all of them were Tool. (I need to broaden my musical horizons methinks)

I will agree with the earlier poster that "U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky" is a phenomenal concert/record .... I just wonder what the hold-up is with releasing it on DVD? I wore the VHS out back in the 80s/early 90s.

The Moody Blues also released a Red Rocks concert album in which the played with the Colorado Symphony ... even though the Moody Blues are not really my cup of tea ... that was a very good show.

When I was a kid (shortly after the earth cooled) my family was on vacation in Colorado and we took the tour of Red Rocks. Obviously the demonstration must have impressed me cause I still remember it clearly after all these years (unlike those years in the late 60s and early 70s that seem to have clouded somewhat in my memory) The tour group was standing behind the last row of seating and a gentleman walked out and spoke in a very low tone of voice and said "Listen" and he held out his hand and dropped what we later found out was a simple straight pin. We could clearly hear the pin hit the floor as far away as we were. Pretty cool. And in those "pesky' years, the concert at Red Rocks that I remember most clearly (a relative term here) was a Grateful Dead concert that during the middle of the concert it started to rain and the Dead just kept on playin' and the amps and electronics were sparking and blowing up but they just kept playing....quite a show

Ohhhhhhh... I don't know if I can include myself in this one (seen too many..)

Probably the best in the US is The Gorge in George, Washington....

Right on the mark, Martin!!!:):):)
I just love The Gorge!!!
Not sure about other musicians but Neil Peart (Rush percussionist/lyrisist) has said The Gorge is his favorite place to play.

I've always wondered what the people think who've been fortunate enough to go to both venues!!!

You people in the Northwest are making me sick!!!;):p:eek:

Poor Joe!!! :D

Let's see: I've see Rush all 3 times they've played there, saw Queensryche there, saw Heart there, & a couple of others that have slipped my mind right now!

Maybe next year you can schedule a longer trip here if there's a good show around race weekend!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back