NHRA levies fine against John Force (1 Viewer)

YES fine the "offical" he's the one that put his hands on John. All John did was try to free himself. Stepping in between the two was ok, but to wrap yer arms around someone and drag them off was WRONG. The offical had NO right to put his hands on either Tony or John.

This fine is WRONG.

...and in other news, an NHRA official was fined $10,000 today for failing to separate two out of control racers who ultimately knocked each other's teeth out, a fight that some say Ray Charles could see coming.

According to the official "I knew the guy in the white shirt was pretty mad because he charged over there and was threatening the guy in the green shirt who told him to 'Take his best shot.'" The NHRA official continued by saying "I made the decision to let them go at it rather than step in because there is this message board called Nitromater where all the lawyers and experts hang out, and I knew they would vilify me if I stepped in to restrain the guy who said "I'm going to kick your a$$ you ungrateful bast@rd."

In other news, a lawsuit has been filed by a guy in the white shirt and the guy in a green shirt against an NHRA official who failed to provide necessary protection in the shut down area at Indianapolis Raceway Park Monday afternoon when a fight broke out.

In a statement released by the lawyer for both parties, the plaintiffs claim they were victims of "gross negligence, failure to provide proper security and 6 counts of bodily injury caused by the NHRA offical (defendant) as determined by the number of teeth found on the ground at the scene."

Last edited:
...and in another related story, the guy in the white shirt has filed a formal complaint with the Office of the District Attorney concerning the conclusion of an altercation that took place Monday afternoon. In the complaint, the guy in the white shirt alleges that a female individual in a similar white shirt did harm to him when she grabbed his arm and said "Dad, let's go. He's not worth it."

The complaint alleges bodily injury to his arm above the elbow, great emotional stress during a reasonable altercation and damage to his reputation as someone who will not take any sh#t from anyone.

Signed on as the key witness for the complaint is some guy in a green shirt who reportedly said to the ESPN reporter "That female person in the white shirt robbed us of the opportunity we needed for television exposure. Her actions cost me, my friend in the white shirt, and my sponsors hundreds of thousand of dollars in precious air time. She needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed under the law.

Yep, it's ridiculous.

Wellp...gotta go. They are re-airing the Presidents speech on Health Care and I don't want to miss it.

...and in another related story, the guy in the white shirt has filed a formal complaint with the Office of the District Attorney concerning the conclusion of an altercation that took place Monday afternoon. In the complaint, the guy in the white shirt alleges that a female individual in a similar white shirt did harm to him when she grabbed his arm and said "Dad, let's go. He's not worth it."

The complaint alleges bodily injury to his arm above the elbow, great emotional stress during a reasonable altercation and damage to his reputation as someone who will not take any sh#t from anyone.

Signed on as the key witness for the complaint is some guy in a green shirt who reportedly said to the ESPN reporter "That female person in the white shirt robbed us of the opportunity we needed for television exposure. Her actions cost me, my friend in the white shirt, and my sponsors hundreds of thousand of dollars in precious air time. She needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed under the law.

Yep, it's ridiculous.

Wellp...gotta go. They are re-airing the Presidents speech on Health Care and I don't want to miss it.

PM me your phone number.
Should I ever need legal representation you will be my first call!

Jenn I sure hope the cops don't arrest you for the bank you did'nt rob yet. :p

Stepping in between the two was fine, but to wrap up and drag off only one, was wrong. He ( the offical) over reacted imo.

To fine only one is wrong, it takes TWO to argue.

The official thought that was WARRANTED. He had a front row seat and could hear what was not audible to us. He made his decision based on what he could see and hear and obviously thought there was enough of a danger to remove John from the situation.

They didn't fine John for arguing, they fined him for grabbing the official who was trying to break up the fight.

Are you against police action breaking up a brawl too?

The official thought that was WARRANTED. He had a front row seat and could hear what was not audible to us. He made his decision based on what he could see and hear and obviously thought there was enough of a danger to remove John from the situation.

They didn't fine John for arguing, they fined him for grabbing the official who was trying to break up the fight.

Are you against police action breaking up a brawl too?

Exactly, and it doesn't matter what Tony was saying (which i think it was wrong to try and start a fight) but Force could have, and should have just walked away. Both were wrong, we all know it, but the second he pushed off the official, he broke the rules (again) and IMHO the fine is justified. If the NHRA didn't levy the fine, it just opens the door for others to do it, this is damage control, plain and simple.

In response to Steve Friedland
I am not an A hole as you so suggest. Unless it takes one to know one
The real jerk is Tony P for acting the way he did.
he mentioned in a statement that he was concerned about his kids seeing John cheat.
He should have been more concerned about how he acted in front of tv cameras that his kids were watching their dad come off sounding like a cursing fool.
when kids are watching, kids are involved
end of discussion
I can just imagin Tony Ps discussion with his kids
You see kids, John Force cheated so I have to curse at him to get my point across.
And yes I did the same when I worked for JFR but thats different
I'm SPECIAL.

Fact of the matter is that John and Tony were both in the wrong. John could have/should have not allowed himself a display of aggression. Tony made it look like some of the top people in this sport are crybabies. Can't win? Cry about everyone else cheating. Waaahh. I have heard less crying out of two year olds.

I was ashamed of this stupidity for our sport. We are finally starting to get better coverage and we get this & while I would rather watch more racing and fewer interviews, it actually seems like ESPN is trying to help build viewer-ship. What parent wants their child watch displays of poor sportsmanship that they do not want their children to learn? Where exactly does the future of the sport live, if the sport is to grow? There are ways to create excitement without demeaning the integrity of your competitors.

As a father, would you be more concerned about your children seeing John's response to being called names or the Pedregon's taunting him in the first place. Which group would you want your children becoming? Someone who publicly (and childishly) questioned another's honor on national TV with the whole world knowing it was just the actions of a poor looser or the guy who is willing to defend his honor?
In thirty nine years of fatherhood I'm please to say I've dealt with neither but the choice is clear if I must choose.

It definitely was a teachable moment.
I'm disappointed that John just didn't walk away especially when you could see Tony was goading him. He knew exactly which buttons to push.

I got a question for you guys. Which is worse blowing your stack and acting like a crazy person and pushing an NHRA official or having some Nitro that NHRA doesn't condone? Seems to me the fine for Force should have been $100,000 and the fine to Schumacher should have been $10,000. Just saying this smells bad, regardless of who started it or whatever. NHRA came down on Schumacher way too hard, and if he had pushed an official besides having the nitro he probably would have been banned for life. Just my 2 cents.

Almost a certainty.....jmho.

I finally got to watch the video of the top end (been outta town) and can't believe NHRA gave John a fine of $10,000
yes John moved the officials arm away but $10,000
QUESTION - how long has NHRA had a substance abuse policy??
Did (TOM or GRHAM?) get a fine or 1 year suspension for DUI??
lets play fair Glendora ---lol

I got a question for you guys. Which is worse blowing your stack and acting like a crazy person and pushing an NHRA official or having some Nitro that NHRA doesn't condone? Seems to me the fine for Force should have been $100,000 and the fine to Schumacher should have been $10,000. Just saying this smells bad, regardless of who started it or whatever. NHRA came down on Schumacher way too hard, and if he had pushed an official besides having the nitro he probably would have been banned for life. Just my 2 cents.

Big difference between the two. Shoe intentionally brought the nitro in the pits. Force may have pushed an official "in the heat of the moment", but his anger was not directed to the official. Force was fined appropriately and Shoe was fined way too much. Was Force's "shove" on the official THAT bad to warrant a $100,000 fine. C'mon man...

Big difference between the two. Shoe intentionally brought the nitro in the pits. Force may have pushed an official "in the heat of the moment", but his anger was not directed to the official. Force was fined appropriately and Shoe was fined way too much. Was Force's "shove" on the official THAT bad to warrant a $100,000 fine. C'mon man...

Of course not, but I was just showing how stupid Johns low fine is (chump change) for him, and the ridiculous fine to Schumacher which was way way too much. Just saying.
Rick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back