NHRA levies fine against John Force (1 Viewer)

Raconteur

Nitro Member
NHRA LEVIES FINE AGAINST JOHN FORCE
GLENDORA, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2009) –

Funny Car racer John Force has been fined $10,000 by the NHRA for an incident involving physical contact with an NHRA official on Monday, Sept. 7 during the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil at O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis.

Videotape from the event showed Force making physical contact with an NHRA official at the top end of the race track during a confrontation with fellow Funny Car driver Tony Pedregon. Such physical contact violates the Participant Conduct policy as stated in the 2009 NHRA Rulebook. The fine, which can be appealed by Force, must be paid in full prior to participation at any future NHRA event.

In the new issue of Drag Racing Online

But . . .

. . . it's OK to openly taunt without reprecussion, I suppose???

Is, what's good for the goose really good for the gander???

John Force fined

NHRA levies fine against John Force
Thursday, September 10, 2009

Funny Car racer John Force has been fined $10,000 by the NHRA for an incident involving physical contact with an NHRA official on Monday, Sept. 7 during the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil at O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis.

Videotape from the event showed Force making physical contact with an NHRA official at the top end of the race track during a confrontation with fellow Funny Car driver Tony Pedregon. Such physical contact violates the Participant Conduct policy as stated in the 2009 NHRA Rulebook. The fine, which can be appealed by Force, must be paid in full prior to participation at any future NHRA event.

As if any of us didn`t think this would happen.

I agree, he should never have touched that official. If that was NASCAR it would probably be way more and points too!

Well that should make the whinny Pedregon brothers happy. Tony must be very proud of himself for hassling John long enough to make him that mad. Tony is so perfect, of course.....just ask him......oh, and it's all for the fans too. What crap!

I would love to here Force say to Compton and Light " I've got the $10,000, if you are man enough to take it away from me you know where my pit is.

I agree, he should never have touched that official. If that was NASCAR it would probably be way more and points too!
Yep, he got off extremely easy. I had some friends that used to roadrace motorcycles in the CCS. If somebody had done what John did they'd be out on their ass for a year. I still think he should have gotten at least a one race suspension. The fine isn't going to teach him anything but I guarantee he'd learn if he lost some points.

Last edited:
I applaud NHRA for levying a fine, as John was out of line with the rough physical contact with an NHRA official....I also applaud his ferocity to defend his team, his sponsors and his position and if if cost him $10K to do that, I'm sure he will happily pay the fine. It's like a speeding ticket..we are all guilty of infractions far more often than we get caught for.

This contraversy is actually good for our sport, it brings to the surface and to the press, the passion that all the competitors have burning inside them. It will get bigger from here...

Remember a few years back when TPed and Whit were going at it. TPed made some comment about raising money for Whit to go to anger management.

Does he need to start the same with John? Now that would really blow things up.

Of course team Force could then start a stop the whine group therapy session for the P bros?

This could go back and forth a for a while

Well that should make the whinny Pedregon brothers happy. Tony must be very proud of himself for hassling John long enough to make him that mad. Tony is so perfect, of course.....just ask him......oh, and it's all for the fans too. What crap!

Where do you draw the line, Pat?

A friend of mine in the 5th grade had a brother who was a real PITA. One day we were playing in a construction field behind their house and his brother just would let up. All of the sudden his brother shows up with a hammer and hits my friend in the face and snaps two of his front teeth off.

My friend runs home screaming at the top of his lungs with me not far behind. When he gets home, his mom takes my friend into his bedroom and beats him with a belt. Then she came out yelling at me saying he deserved a whipping for making his brother so mad that he was forced to hit him with a hammer. Nothing ever happened to the jerk brother of his. Point is, who's at fault. Big mouth or the man of action.

You've got to draw the line. Tony has a big mouth. Sticks and stones... Force could have yelled his obscenities from the back of Ashley's car without charging after Tony and swatting NHRA officials. It would have made great highlights and that would have been the end of it.

RG

Re: John Force fined

Not in the least bit surprising, the countdown was supposed to make racing more exciting, but if you get excitied you better keep it to yourself!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back