Mike Green Fined by NHRA (1 Viewer)

nick name

Nitro Member
This press release was just sent out from the NHRA:

GLENDORA, Calif. -- (May 1, 2012) – NHRA announced today that it has fined Mike Green, crew chief for Don Schumacher Racing, $5,000 for making a derogatory comment to an NHRA official at last weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway.

Green was fined for violation of 1.3.1 regarding participant conduct, found on page four of the 2012 NHRA Rulebook. Green must pay the fine in full prior to being allowed to participate at any future NHRA events. The fine levied by NHRA is appealable as outlined in section 1, pages 18-25 of the 2012 NHRA Rulebook.

Hopefully he called both Tom Compton and Dim Light idiots... worth every cent of $5,000! :D

Just curious- how much hat-passing would be going on if Mike had slagged off on a tech guy that came across his "custom" part? Would that be ok? I am the last guy to be defending Compton, and G. Light barely gets a pass IMO, but if the fine is for what the press release states, it was more liikely at a guy just doing his job than one of the BoD guys... Either way, it probably could have held until red cup time, then everyone would be fair game...

They should suck mup to Don as much as they can, not piss him off, without his teams they would be in big trouble!

Don Shumacher for NHRA President!

So your saying since DSR fields so many teams, they should be allowed to break the rules?

All the professional teams know how they are supposed to act according to the rules. When someone breaks them, they deserve to be fined/suspended. It does not look good for the sport if a person is allowed to talk to any official in any derogatory form.

Until someone knows what was allegedly said by Green, and the circumstance surrounding the alleged comment, people should reserve their comments.

Just trying to be fair.

It appears to me that DSR is very aggressive and is pushing the envelope on technology. (And I mean that in a good way, not being critical.) It also seems that NHRA wants to be in total control and Don is making it difficult for them with all the technology innovations they are doing. Maybe NHRA resents DSR pushing the envelope because it makes life difficult for them. Seems that JFR focuses more on safety innovations than performance so they don't hassle JFR as much. Bottom line to me seems that NHRA needs to figure out how to have a better relationship with DSR as I agree with a previous poster-where would NHRA be without DSR. (Also agree with a previous poster that they can't be allowed to break the rules because they are big and important.)

Is it just me or does this seem like the first time NHRA would front page dirty laundry? I always thought fines were more of a if you heard about it you know it happend and not something so easy as the main story on nhra.com. There is also a 100% lack of facts outside of the fine. Yes, this should be reported but it should be something you read on a third party site and cant find on nhra.com, I just look down on the NHRA on something that happend outside of the public eye and making it front page news and possibly letting the maybe 100,000 now get to form an opinion about DSR when the article only tells 25% of the story. This should not be front page business.

NHRA sure loves to publicly admonish DSR.
Paul, I actually think it's the other way around, dsr has often pushed NHRA, whether thru breaking known rules and expecting leniency or publically making negative comments about NHRA.

Imo, dsr is its own worst enemy when it comes to NHRA.

Is it just me or does this seem like the first time NHRA would front page dirty laundry? I always thought fines were more of a if you heard about it you know it happend and not something so easy as the main story on nhra.com. There is also a 100% lack of facts outside of the fine. Yes, this should be reported but it should be something you read on a third party site and cant find on nhra.com, I just look down on the NHRA on something that happend outside of the public eye and making it front page news and possibly letting the maybe 100,000 now get to form an opinion about DSR when the article only tells 25% of the story. This should not be front page business.

The association has reported fines, suspensions and penalties for decades in ND... They never needed to hide anything. The website IS NOT the house organ- National Dragster is.

The association has reported fines, suspensions and penalties for decades in ND... They never needed to hide anything. The website IS NOT the house organ- National Dragster is.

I can't agree. I have trouble thinking that ND has more subscribers than the website has traffic. Free vs. close to 80 bucks.

I can't agree. I have trouble thinking that ND has more subscribers than the website has traffic. Free vs. close to 80 bucks.

Subscribers: every licenced competitor in NHRA. Official rulings and association information, no matter how popular the Internet is, comes out in ND. The website is the media arm of the association. ND is the official "information device" for NHRA Drag Racing. Always has been.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back