Thank you NHRA on Behalf of Mike Strasburg (1 Viewer)

Tumbleweed

Nitro Member
NHRA did something in favor for our friend Mike............

Thank you Bobby Bennett for posting this on Comp Plus,

Mike, CONGRATS!!! So Glad You Petitioned and It Really Worked.............

A three-person NHRA Review Panel has modified the NHRA’s action against Top Fuel driver Mike Strasburg, who was fined and suspended under its drug and alcohol testing policy. Strasburg was notified of the NHRA Review Panel’s decision in a letter dated July 6, 2011.

Strasburg originally was suspended for one year and fined $2,500 for not complying with NHRA’s drug and alcohol testing policy at the SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals in Las Vegas earlier this year.

The suspension was reduced until the 2011 FRAM-Autolite NHRA Nationals, July 29-31. However, the initial fine was upheld, and Strasburg will be required to pay the fine before he will be allowed to participate in future NHRA events.

WFO468x60Banner3
dra_banner

< Prev Next >

Just curious about something. Did you have Mike's okay to publicly thank NHRA on his behalf? If not, you are wrong in doing so. If so, you should have stated so.

Meant respectfully.

Roger, as a CPA who deals with tax law all day, I understand your point . . .

BUT

Nancy did not write a letter to the NHRA, she titled a post on a drag racing forum in such a way that casual readers would understand the topic. At no point in the post did I confuse her as a spokesperson for Mr. Stasburg.

Easy there big guy . . . we're all trying to have fun.

Rules are Rules and everyone knows them or should considering the amount of money riding on a team running T F .
However I'm glad NHRA considered the fine and time served sort of as enough of a lesson.
I still think time served should be sufficient without taking money too !
If it was a fight or infraction by an indivual that disparages the sport then a fine might be right .
Not for a procedural violation ! Time away from racing is enough !
It makes the NHRA look Greedy not professional !

Anyone remember the big fine one of the Pro Stock teams got when the Piston to rod keepers were thousands off the minimum weight ?
They might of been made of better steel and much stronger but were not up to NHRA's Rules weight !

I just wonder if he will show up early the next time he might get random tested ??

I totally agree with the NHRA taking a hard line, you CAN"T have a meaningful or legal testing program if you start handing out mulligans for certain people.

I would like to see Mr Strasburg come out and say so.

I just wonder if he will show up early the next time he might get random tested ??

I totally agree with the NHRA taking a hard line, you CAN"T have a meaningful or legal testing program if you start handing out mulligans for certain people.

Agreed, General. Can't add anything to that.

Mitch

wish all disagreements in life could be handled this way.
a rule was broken, one party became proactive, both parties worked thru
their differences, and now both will most likely be better for it.
cooler heads prevailed :cool:

wish all disagreements in life could be handled this way.
a rule was broken, one party became proactive, both parties worked thru
their differences, and now both will most likely be better for it.
cooler heads prevailed :cool:

That is exactly how I see it. The very strict drug policy was enforced and the available appeal process was utilized. Apparently both parties have "agreed" with the end result.

It seems like (from Mike's comments) that some tweaks of the process may be made. That is a good thing!

Of course we can't hand out mulligans and expect the program to have a real effect. You are quite right about that.
Mike acknowledged the importance of the program in his remarks on Competition Plus.
The penalty to him is more than a mulligan.
In my view, the NHRA acted in the best interest of the sport here: upholding much of the penalty to emphasize the importance of the testing program while acknowledging that the circumstances do matter. My opinion of the NHRA is enhanced by this decision. I'm glad for Mike and the fans, too.
Cheers,
Ed

Just curious about something. Did you have Mike's okay to publicly thank NHRA on his behalf? If not, you are wrong in doing so. If so, you should have stated so.

Meant respectfully.

Damn, no good deed goes unpunished. :rolleyes:

Thank you Jeff for Clarifying why I posted word for word from Comp Plus.

And Yes, Thank you NHRA for re-evaluating an enforced rule and Thank you
Mike for taking the bull by the horns and petitioning with the results ending with a positive note in addition to possible tweaks to the existing system..........That is No Easy Task......... Congrats!!

Meant respectfully.

Roger;

Did you have Nancy's permission to make a post asking if she had Mike's permission to make a post?

If so, you should have said so.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back