NHRA levies fine against John Force (1 Viewer)

Another question....Didn't the "official" grab John?

Yes, he tried to seperate them. Thats why I think this fine is retarded. If he didnt intervene he wouldnt even have been touched. People are making it seem alot worse than it was, like John took a swing at an official or something. It wasnt like that and they know it.

If that official didnt do what he did there would have been shoving or punches with those two,that would have been much worse.

Re: John Force's Fine

I would say the fine has nothing to do with the official...I can see it going like this:

Dim Bulb: John, come into the office for a sec, would you?...
John: Sure, no problem...

Dim Bulb: John, we need to do something to protect our integrity...
John: What about my integrity?...

Dim Bulb: You don't need any, John, you cleared 26 million last year, remember?...
John: Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

Dim Bulb: How about we throw a little fine your way?...
John: How much did you have in mind?...

Dim Bulb: Oh, say about $50,000?...
John: Have you lost your mind!...by the way, don't forget you came to me begging for me to give your kid a job and I did...

Dim Bulb: Oh yeah, I forgot about that...
John: Why don't we make it $10,000 and be done with it...I am hoping to clear 30 million this year and fines don't help....

Dim Bulb: OK John, it's a deal and consider it payment for my kid and that extra practice session but remember...this is all about the official..we know he grabbed you first but we have to make this look good like we are actually penalizing you...
John: Cool...no talk of throwing the race, diving, team orders or any of that, right?...

Dim Bulb: You are correct, this is all about touching an official...that's our story and we're sticking to it...
John: OK...I need to run now...me and Tony and Cruz are having a beer and a meeting to discuss how we can stir things up some more at Charlotte...it went well last weekend but we think we can tweak the act a bit more...

Dim Bulb: Thanks John, we really appreciate you helping us out with our sagging ratings and attendance...

Honest questions please. Do you think the Pedregons (both of them) acted responsibly? Do you believe they were being thick skinned? Do you believe they were justified in their taunting? Did they seem professional or childish to you?

I think they had a right to voice their displeasure over the dive and I completely understand why John did it (the dive). It does not mean I have to like it, but I accept it for face value. I wouldn't call it taunting, I would calling it stating the truth about the obvious of what just occurred (just like Mike Dunn called John out) and John couldn't handle it. I believe if the fix wasn't in, John wouldn't have flipped out the way he did. I didn't see John go storming into the booth after Dunn.

Another question....Didn't the "official" grab John?

YES fine the "offical" he's the one that put his hands on John. All John did was try to free himself. Stepping in between the two was ok, but to wrap yer arms around someone and drag them off was WRONG. The offical had NO right to put his hands on either Tony or John.

This fine is WRONG.

YES fine the "offical" he's the one that put his hands on John. All John did was try to free himself. Stepping in between the two was ok, but to wrap yer arms around someone and drag them off was WRONG. The offical had NO right to put his hands on either Tony or John.

This fine is WRONG.

F*ck, please tell me you are joking....

John should send the Cruz brothers a wheel of cheese--lol
The $10,000, where does that go? charity or a beer bash in Glendora??
What leasson did Tony teach his kids on national TV??
If you lose, just start cussing and whining (wine ing)
TRUE NHRA came down on Schumacher too hard
I saw the video on youtube and wonder if either of the "kids" played nice when they were younger.
Tony should have kept his mouth shut, congratulated Ashley on the win and et a life.
Not defending John for his actions but understand why he lost some control. At least he didn't hit Tony.
I wonder if Tony ever thanked JFR for a championship.
Could be why Tony got a rivaloil company the following year? To throw some sXit in Johns face. Wouldn't surprise me, seeing how the Pedergons acted in Indy.
Sure hope the Pedergon kids don't follow in there dads footsteps or example.
They were probally buying cheese for dad.

Let's leave the kids out of it OK, a-hole?

This fine is a joke. Neither Tony or John raised a hand or took a swing at each other. The ONLY one that grabed anyone was THE OFFICAL.

Paul, that's the officals job. You don't wait until someone starts swinging to break up the arguement....this isn't hockey.

If an official has to physically restrain you, then your probably acting like an imbusul.

NHRA's fine is valid...keep your hands off the officials...do what they tell you to do.

Last edited:
Paul, that's the officals job.

If an official has to physically restrain you, then your probably acting like an imbusul. QUOTE]

Then why did'nt they also restrain Tony.??? Then fine both.

This was a non issue folks, ESPN hyped it into much more than it was. Two guys had a shouting match, nothing more.

Tony wasn't making gestures, or advancing on Force. Reading the body language, Force was the aggressive one. Granted, Tony was doing a passive approach trying to draw him him, Force is the one that went after Tony.

I say the official reacted the way he should have given the situation.

A cop will tell you that if somebody advances on them making those kinds of gestures, they will pull their weapon on that person.

Tony wasn't making gestures, or advancing on Force.

Tony sure was, thats how it started. Force did'nt aproach Tony.

A cop will tell you that if somebody advances on them making those kinds of gestures, they will pull their weapon on that person.

Jenn I sure hope the cops don't arrest you for the bank you did'nt rob yet. :p

Stepping in between the two was fine, but to wrap up and drag off only one, was wrong. He ( the offical) over reacted imo.

To fine only one is wrong, it takes TWO to argue.

2 years I've been here and you STILL have your head buried up your a$$.
Seems like you're the one with your head upo your ass. I'm not a Pedregon fan but I think John's behavior warranted a suspension. Is that a "sheeple" fan in your world?

Seems like you're the one with your head upo your ass. I'm not a Pedregon fan but I think John's behavior warranted a suspension. Is that a "sheeple" fan in your world?

As a father, would you be more concerned about your children seeing John's response to being called names or the Pedregon's taunting him in the first place. Which group would you want your children becoming? Someone who publicly (and childishly) questioned another's honor on national TV with the whole world knowing it was just the actions of a poor looser or the guy who is willing to defend his honor?
In thirty nine years of fatherhood I'm please to say I've dealt with neither but the choice is clear if I must choose.

As a father, would you be more concerned about your children seeing John's response to being called names or the Pedregon's taunting him in the first place. Which group would you want your children becoming? Someone who publicly (and childishly) questioned another's honor on national TV with the whole world knowing it was just the actions of a poor looser or the guy who is willing to defend his honor?

I'd rather my children follow neither example.

How much better of a reply and example for all children if he, like Ashley, had turned the other cheek. Perhaps even said something to the interviews like "I'm sorry that they feel that way, but what a poor show of sportsmanship with their name calling and taunting. I wish the fans and his children didn't have to see that. And it speaks so poorly for the sport as a whole." And walked away. He would have made his point, and Tony would have looked like a loose cannon.

Instead, he looks like the irrational one, he's the one who made a terrible example for the kids of solving problems with violence, and he's the one with the fine.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back