NHRA levies fine against John Force (1 Viewer)

Yep, he got off extremely easy. I had some friends that used to roadrace motorcycles in the CCS. If somebody had done what John did they'd be out on their ass for a year. I still think he should have gotten at least a one race suspension. The fine isn't going to teach him anything but I guarantee he'd learn if he lost some points.

Yeah, the Pedregon brothers and their "sheeple" fans would just LOVE to see a suspension handed down huh? :rolleyes:

Yea Force never does anything wrong,just every1 else does. Im thinkin wait till this happens again and it wont be Force that does it or his teamates,and whoever does it will get fined and suspended. Id say the only thing saving Force is his sponsors,god for bid if NHRA makes Ford mad,lol. Just my opinion not a fact.

I'm sure that John will quietly pay the fine knowing it was deserved (and the best $10,000. he ever spent<G>).

When Cruz first called John a cheat, etc., John said he wouldn't throw stones and was, IMO, very professional in his response. He was that way all the way, up to the point that Tony got in his face and wouldn't shut up. Tony egged him on, knowing full well John's temper would get the best of him in time. Having a similar temper, I would have done the same as John. You can only put up with that kind of crap so long. Would be different if John hadn't given Tony the boost he needed to be where he is today.

The Pedregons are 'no class' in my book and always have been. I just bet John will pay the fine with pleasure. Now he needs to go out and win the championship and shut them up for good.

But . . .

. . . it's OK to openly taunt without reprecussion, I suppose???

Is, what's good for the goose really good for the gander???

Read Randy's post below. Force needs to have thicker skin and be the bigger man and walk away if the taunts were getting under his skin. In my younger day I would most certainly blast someone in the face if they were getting under my skin. As I have matured, I now see it is not worth the aggravation and I have learned it is better to walk away. Plus, with everyone itching to file a lawsuit these days, that is another reason to not resort to physical contact because I really like my money.

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/23364-nhra-levies-fine-against-john-force.html#post222153

Where's his banishment from the Screen Actors Guild. Pretending to race Height was the worst acting job I've ever seen;)

It doesn't matter if it was $10k or 100k people will still complain it's not enough and although everyone may think $10k is nothing to Force that's $10k that he no longer has and in this day and age every penny matters.

When Cruz first called John a cheat, etc., John said he wouldn't throw stones and was, IMO, very professional in his response. He was that way all the way, up to the point that Tony got in his face and wouldn't shut up. Tony egged him on, knowing full well John's temper would get the best of him in time. Having a similar temper, I would have done the same as John. You can only put up with that kind of crap so long. Would be different if John hadn't given Tony the boost he needed to be where he is today.

The Pedregons are 'no class' in my book and always have been. I just bet John will pay the fine with pleasure. Now he needs to go out and win the championship and shut them up for good.

Sounds like you might have a little history with the Pedregons.:rolleyes:

I guess I'm not in the "I hate the Pedregon's" loop and I don't condone anything said. I have a lot of respect for Force and for the Pedregon's. Both camps have stepped up for me in my time of need at the races before. Especially Force's group. And Tony's rig was the UPS delivery truck for me on at least one occasion. But I have no dog in the fight.

The real losers are both of them in this. Then you have the haters...

RG

Last edited:
Force needs to have thicker skin and be the bigger man and walk away if the taunts were getting under his skin.

So, let me get this right:
* Force needs to ignore the comments made on national TV as well as to his face while the cameras are rolling and "Have thicker skin?"

Honest questions please. Do you think the Pedregons (both of them) acted responsibly? Do you believe they were being thick skinned? Do you believe they were justified in their taunting? Did they seem professional or childish to you?

I don't see most saying the fine was not justified and/or appropriate given the circumstances, myself included. What I see here is a bunch of Force haters still trying to find a way to deny the fact that Cruz is out-gone-done for the year-period.

...........Honest questions please. Do you think the Pedregons (both of them) acted responsibly? Do you believe they were being thick skinned? Do you believe they were justified in their taunting?.................
No I don't when you consider that they're guilty of the same thing back when Tony won his Championship!:rolleyes:

So, let me get this right:
* Force needs to ignore the comments made on national TV as well as to his face while the cameras are rolling and "Have thicker skin?"

Honest questions please. Do you think the Pedregons (both of them) acted responsibly? Do you believe they were being thick skinned? Do you believe they were justified in their taunting? Did they seem professional or childish to you?

I don't see most saying the fine was not justified and/or appropriate given the circumstances, myself included. What I see here is a bunch of Force haters still trying to find a way to deny the fact that Cruz is out-gone-done for the year-period.

Bobby, are you a Pedregon/ Shumacher hater? It sure seems that way.

Sooooo.... Asking a "Hypothetical" question (you know I used spell check here) :D suppose the championship came down to Height & Ashley, and they were racing each other...

Would JF tell them to run it out.. OR tell Height, listen I got you into the top 10... and a 2nd place finish ain't bad.. (after what I did for you) you owe the "Team" one... Ashley will be the champ ? Or will he let the chips fall where they may ?

You all know he (JF) cant afford anymore controversy on a "Fixed" race.... it would be an interesting scenario....

I got a question for you guys. Which is worse blowing your stack and acting like a crazy person and pushing an NHRA official or having some Nitro that NHRA doesn't condone? Seems to me the fine for Force should have been $100,000 and the fine to Schumacher should have been $10,000. Just saying this smells bad, regardless of who started it or whatever. NHRA came down on Schumacher way too hard, and if he had pushed an official besides having the nitro he probably would have been banned for life. Just my 2 cents.

At that point I believe it would be up and up for Family Bragging rights... Ashley, Guido, and Ron have something to prove, and Jimmy, Eric, and Robert have to prove that they will not always be a bridesmaid... but this year, I believe it will be between Princess and Wilkerson...

d'kid

Bobby, are you a Pedregon/ Shumacher hater? It sure seems that way.

Heck no. I simply call a spade a spade. What happened that has everyone riled up has happened in every team camp before so how could anyone point a finger at one above another.

Disagreements happen every day and emotions have been exposed a thousand times before this one. Many have come to blows before without fines being levied. Need examples? Ask the names you mentioned.

Without the names you've mentioned, the sport wouldn't be where it is today. That being said I'll openly admit having my favorites above others for my own reasons.

Sum it up. Right will always be right and wrong will always be wrong.
What John did in response to the name calling was wrong. He admitted it and is now being fined for it. I don't disagree with his response, his admission of guilt nor his fine.

What Tony and Cruz did was childish, unprofessional and provoking at the very least. I've not heard a retraction of their ugly comments. Have you? I've not seen fines levied on them for inciting such an incident (which couldn't possibly have happened had they not provoked it.) I'll openly admit disappoint with their behavior. They may be the worst losers I've ever seen in all of sports do date.

I'll withhold my comments on anyone else for now.

Why do you ask? Are you a Force Hater???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back