NHRA Championship Points (old style) Memphis (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
Here is the new points following Memphis using the old system:

Top Fuel
1-Fuller...........1382
2-Schumacher..1227
3-Dixon............1203
4-Bernstein.......1193
5-Todd............1061
6-Vandergriff.....964
7-Troxel...........955
8-Herbert.........918
9-Bazemore.......882
10-Grubnic........874
11-Mac............820
12-Will.............786
13-Kalitta.........749
14-Millican........683
15-Lucas.........582

Funny Car
1-Hight............1212
2-Capps...........1203
3-T. Pedregon...1059
4-Beckman........1041
5-Force............1017
6-Scelzi............1013
7-Ashley...........1008
8-Worsham.........879
9-Head..............844
10-Johnson Jr.....807
11-Bernstein.......770
12-Arend...........755
13-A. Force........741
14-C. Pedregon....700
15-Wilkerson.......670

Pro Stock
1-Anderson.........1612
2-Lucky..............1483
3-Coughlin...........1337
4-A. Johnson.......1085
5-Line.................1034
6-K. Johnson........1006
7-W. Johnson.......854
8-Morgan.............851
9-Stevens............816
10-Gaines.............797
11-Yates.............789
12-Stanfield.........658
13-Naylor.............640
14-Koretsky..........619

PSB
1-M. Smith............1062
2-Hines..................945
3-Sampey..............867
4-Ellis....................749
5-Treble................735
6-Stouffer..............690
7-Llewellyn.............678
8-Kraweic...............659
9-Johnson..............652
10-Rivas................626
11-Brown...............571
12-Guidera.............530
13-Arana...............472
14-Scali................430

Some body needs to figure new style point for Melanie if Morgan had taken dive and she would be in countdown.

Some body needs to figure new style point for Melanie if Morgan had taken dive and she would be in countdown.

After beating Lucas in the first round she would of needed to beat Grubnic in the 2nd round to get in. Herbert finished 26 points ahead of Troxel so she would of needed two round wins to advance. Grubnic ran 4.57 in the 2nd round (against Lucas) so it would of taken a decent run to win. That being said if she did make it in, she would have 2189 points putting her in the 3rd spot.

Like I said in the "luck" thread, the new system cheated us out of some good late-season come-from-behind scenarios. Just like a yellow flag with 30 laps to go...which I am sure was the inspiration for NASCAR's Countdown lookalike. After a seventeen race pre-season and a four-race season, we'll have a two-race post-season. Heck, might as well skip the prelims and start paying attention at Indy since those early wins don't count for much any more.

After beating Lucas in the first round she would of needed to beat Grubnic in the 2nd round to get in. Herbert finished 26 points ahead of Troxel so she would of needed two round wins to advance. Grubnic ran 4.57 in the 2nd round (against Lucas) so it would of taken a decent run to win. That being said if she did make it in, she would have 2189 points putting her in the 3rd spot.

WOW !!! Somebody has way too much time on their hands. Thanks though, cool information.

And I chuckled at the " Lucky " thing myself. Seems Greg Anderson is royally taking up the rear in this welfare points chase.

"Lucky!" Ha!!!!

I think some company should step in and sponsor a "Real NHRA Champion" payout. Could be any company that has "real" as part of an ad theme. Then there'd be a points chase that I'd follow. Could be like a contingency with decals required on the cars.

If you REALLY wanted to make it interesting, make the payout more than NHRA's, then make the driver/owner sign an agreement stating that they'll turn over whatever check they get from NHRA in exchange for that company's championship check. :D Have ONE COMPANY (such as one that sponsors in NASCAR now) pay out more than the entire NHRA does. :rolleyes: It might not cost them as much as it may appear when the NHRA checks would offset their payouts.

Last edited:
Speaking of, someone wanted the old style points system supporters to be segregated into our own little section here. Why not have little badges that we can choose to appear next to our names that indicate which we support and one for neutral? Then you could always fall back to that in any disagreement. :) "Well, you're just a so and so, anyways."

WOW !!! Somebody has way too much time on their hands. Thanks though, cool information.

And I chuckled at the " Lucky " thing myself. Seems Greg Anderson is royally taking up the rear in this welfare points chase.

I'm a stat's guy so doing something like this is second nature. It only takes about 15 minutes to figure it up and post it.

Speaking of, someone wanted the old style points system supporters to be segregated into our own little section here. Why not have little badges that we can choose to appear next to our names that indicate which we support and one for neutral? Then you could always fall back to that in any disagreement. :) "Well, you're just a so and so, anyways."

Even though I post the results, I'm not against the new system. If it helps the sport gain exposure and sponsors it will be a big plus. Something needed to be done because NHRA has a hard time getting any media attention and outside sponsors. The only part that I don't like is resetting the points before the final two races. Funny Car and Pro Stock are so competetive in qualifying that a non-qualifying effort in Vegas or Pomona ends your season. Also there will be a "diving" incident in the final two races.

we will see whos in 1st by the old points and thats the REAL champions period!. and by the looks of things the kid is lucky you cant argue it!

Like I said in the "luck" thread, the new system cheated us out of some good late-season come-from-behind scenarios. Just like a yellow flag with 30 laps to go...which I am sure was the inspiration for NASCAR's Countdown lookalike. After a seventeen race pre-season and a four-race season, we'll have a two-race post-season. Heck, might as well skip the prelims and start paying attention at Indy since those early wins don't count for much any more.

Careful, Larry. You could be labeled a "whiner" at any moment.:rolleyes:

Like I said in the "luck" thread, the new system cheated us out of some good late-season come-from-behind scenarios......................
Cheated, how can you say cheated, the Countdown is filled with come from behind scenerios. The points shuffled with every round of racing in Memphis........
we will see whos in 1st by the old points and thats the REAL champions period!. and by the looks of things the kid is lucky you cant argue it!
Tracking the old system is really pointless. People went into test mode, took dives, what have you.

Face it, the game has changed this season, and so has the way that the game is played. The one thing everyone seems to forget is that the pressure on the teams with the Countdown is ten fold. For a team to win under that pressure is emence, there is no backing into this deal. Give credit to the teams that do it best, and forget about the "Old Way". All that tracking the old points system is going to accomplish is pissing you off!:cool:

well chris I appreciate you doing this for two reason. One its just good to see who is the real champ and who is the welfare champ as well as who else gets hosed in the process. Such as Melanie who can't bump above 9 now.
Secondly I like that someone else is doing it, I was going too but didn't want the nhra lapdogs:p to think I was complaining too much :rolleyes:.

ya know its never good to post before I've had my caffeine;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back