Real Points vs. Countdown Points (1 Viewer)

Hey Alan, speaking of points, any chance of any other changes? I would propose making qualifying points one per position starting at 16 for 1st, 15 for 2nd, and on down. Not only does it allow for the potential to make up more points during qualifying, but also makes it really easy to understand for the fans. Hey Jack needs to pick up 4 points on Del.. all he's gotta do is run x.xx ET and qualify 4 spots above him. Make each position count.

You could also follow the NASCAR route of a bigger bonus for winning. Throw and extra 10 or 20 for winning a race. The final round should have more importance than any other round would be the mentality. You've earned 20 per round to get this far, now that you've made the final 2, you get a little extra for pulling this off.

Just some thoughts. 10 for showing up, 12 for qualifying session points sweep, 16 for the pole, 120 for the win. Throw in the potential for a national record ET and you have 178. You could even give a point for low ET and a point for top speed to make it an even 180, or bring back 20 points for a MPH record and make it an even 200.

I like everything except the extra Pts for the final rd win. A rd win is a rd win. If the 4th rd win is more important then the 3rd rd win...then is the 3rd rd win worth more than a 2nd rd win ? , and so on...you see where this is going.

As to the CD point system, I think it failed. It did NOT improve attendance. And in my opinion.....If a car going from a dead stop - to 330MPH in 1,000' in less than 4 seconds, doesn't excite you enough, then it's time you find another sport.

To give points unearned to one driver, and take away points that were earned, from another, is just wrong.

Points and how they are awarded sometimes gets a little crazy.

Just look at the mess NASCAR has created when TV people ask a driver if they understand just how the points system works and they say NO with a smile on their face.
Any wonder the average fan as no idea what's going on.

Awarding points to who ever is the most constant with the best average finishes sounds great on paper but then you have someone who wins six races and does NOT qualify for the championship to me is NUT'S!!!!

Sure hope the N.H.R.A. does a better job then that.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

So why is it OK to have a college football playoff in which last year the best team all season wasn't crowned Champion?

Not arguing, just disscussing
AR

For me the biggest and most obvious difference with college football (and every other stick and ball sport) is you don't have compete against every other team at every event like you do in Drag Racing (and most other forms of motor sports). That is why, IMO, a motor sports championship should be about how you do at EVERY race all season long...OTOH I do like a winner take all championship like they had (have?) in Speedway motorcycle racing)

if the racing was half as entertaining as it used to be, nobody would even give a crap about points......here's all the cool cars and
the great drivers; we're gonna' battle it out for a couple nites and see who ends up on top.....join us in two weeks at XYZ dragway
where we'll do it all over again.
in clip #3 tripp schumake.....how *#c@ing cool :cool:.....nhra you want your fans back?....do this again.
http://competitionplus.com/competit...-rare-find-of-us-30-dragway-action-with-sound

Well done on the computations Rick.

I think winning an event should be worth at least 50 points more than the driver who lost in the final. Reward the win!

if the racing was half as entertaining as it used to be, nobody would even give a crap about points......here's all the cool cars and
the great drivers; we're gonna' battle it out for a couple nites and see who ends up on top.....join us in two weeks at XYZ dragway
in clip #3 tripp schumake.....how *#c@ing cool :cool:.....nhra you want your fans back?....do this again.
http://competitionplus.com/competit...-rare-find-of-us-30-dragway-action-with-sound

Not entirely sure Mike, but I think that was when Russell Long was driving the Sundance Monza.

http://competitionplus.com/competitionplustv/cptv-classic-video-rare-find-of-us-30-dragway-action-with-sound

Great Videos Thanks. Nice to hear a full load, and the dry-hops are super !!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back