INDY Re-do, Gimme a break! (1 Viewer)

All I can say Is the real winner In this Is all of the hotels In Brownsburg.They got all our money this past weekend,and they will jack up the rates for this coming weekend!

THey said that was the plan all weekend. If rained out and which days. Plan A, B and C were known. Heck I heard of it Saturday am and I'm a nobody.

I think they had to reopen it due to the shootout.

You couldn't allow those 8 cars in the shootout a shot at the track and the others who were qualified for Indy but not the shootout no chance.

Sure I suppose they could have had testing, but if they are going to do that then why not let them qualify. People who make the trip back get the two days they paid for those who can't can follow the refund policy.

Yeah the hotels have gone up, mine from last week is $20 higher, kinda funny since last weekend was a holiday. You would think it would be higher then

It did get nicer right after they called it. After wandering the pits for awhile we left but hit rain less than 2 miles from the track.
Even without the rain, they track was a mess. They wouldn't allow us on it but we got near the water box and wow. I heard they were looking at 4-5 hours to get it ready, if that was possible as scattered showers were likely to mess things up again.

Delay the race, make people mad, don't delay it make people mad. open qualifying, close it. Lord knows I don't like much of what NHRA does but there really isn't a gripe on this one. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches...or in this case the weather

Just watched the 11 o'clock news. Possibility of complete washout Saturday and maybe even rain on Sunday.

Hypothetically, if it rains Saturday, would they revert to the plan this past weekend? If it rains also Sunday, I'd guess they would try to run it on Monday.

The remaining schedule for the season would kind of demand it.

Promoters Option when rain prevails:
Everyone looses, racers, spectators, and track owners (in this case NHRA)
The revenue loss is substantial and the cost to finance enough rooms for your team for another seven days is ugly, lost airfare or ridicules re-schedule fee from the airlines, brutal.
Sportsman guys work for a living and have to get back home.
Fans are short-changed on their investment.
There is nothing good about rain-outs, everyone pays and it is a part of the sport that has never really been easy to endure regardless of the Promoters best laid plans.
I recall when they started making the racers show up for the rain date to get their first round money. Most had other dates scheduled that paid, so you could loose more than a few qualified cars from your field.
In the end whom ever wins the series wins, a one race rain-out is not the end of civilized life on this planet.

Oh BOY after see Indy is 1,000 ft better today, and the better ETs in PSB to TA/FC. I bet Fryit Radke is going to have a cow.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back