VEGAS BABY....Check In time!!! Part 2... (1 Viewer)

I've already been to four Nationals, two divisionals, a National Open and a half a dozen test sessions this year

Hey Kevin Where's this Boat Show? Haven't been to one of those yet........
:D:D
Alan

Anyone coming into Vegas airport Friday morning? I changed my flight for my work trip, but don't want to get an extra rental for only one day. If you don't mind shuttling me to the track and to my hotel on Friday night, please PM me!

Anyone coming into Vegas airport Friday morning? I changed my flight for my work trip, but don't want to get an extra rental for only one day. If you don't mind shuttling me to the track and to my hotel on Friday night, please PM me!

I get in around 9 if that'll work! My cell# is 505-227-3024.

yes our pits are open to maters, i believe they are making a list now. Chris and joe know the drill:)

B

Bill, any chance of having the Vegas bash on Saturday before PS? I have a commitment at 7PM Saturday. Joe

Bill, any chance of having the Vegas bash on Saturday before PS? I have a commitment at 7PM Saturday. Joe

The bash is "tentatively" setup for after Pro Qualifying on Saturday ... qualifying should be done by 430ish. Pro Stock is scheduled for 3 and nitro for 330.

Besides, what else could you possibly have to do in Vegas on a Saturday night? :D :p

6 days till In-N-Out!!!

Ummmmm.....I think I will chase the wife around tonite....don't want to wait till Thursday!

Boat show is a no go.....so I guess I will go to the digs.....Will be chillin at MR. Duane Shields pit with my kids new sponsor Laughinggastechnologies.com

Monster in one hand and a Cohiba in the other....:D

jOkA!:cool:

Ummmmm.....I think I will chase the wife around tonite....don't want to wait till Thursday!

Boat show is a no go.....so I guess I will go to the digs.....Will be chillin at MR. Duane Shields pit with my kids new sponsor Laughinggastechnologies.com

Monster in one hand and a Cohiba in the other....:D

I am bringing the humidor with me in the RV ... I brought back some Cohiba Ziglo IVs, Esplendidos and Anniversarios from my last cruise from that island that you are not supposed to get them from. Also some Romeo y Julieta Especial Coronas and Churchills and some Monte Cristo 4s from the forbidden island ... I am sure we will get into them and some fine Kentucky bourbon at some point .... we could probably even find you a beer that is not 3.2!!!!

Of course there will also be plenty of VegasFuel, Powerade, water and Cokes for those of you who will have to drive ...

I am bringing the humidor with me in the RV ... I brought back some Cohiba Ziglo IVs, Esplendidos and Anniversarios from my last cruise from that island that you are not supposed to get them from. Also some Romeo y Julieta Especial Coronas and Churchills and some Monte Cristo 4s from the forbidden island ... I am sure we will get into them and some fine Kentucky bourbon at some point .... we could probably even find you a beer that is not 3.2!!!!

Of course there will also be plenty of VegasFuel, Powerade, water and Cokes for those of you who will have to drive ...

Save one of those Cohiba's for me chris!!!

NOW TO ALL YA'LL OTHER MATERS WHO CAN NOT ATTEND THIS RACE....DO YOU SEE NOW WHAT YOUR MISSING!!!! OCTOBER IS NOT TOO FAR AWAY!!!:cool:

Robustos, Sig VI, El Presidente, Corona especiales, 35th Anniv Cohiba.....loaded in the travel-dor

Lets see, Saturday night race weekend...... Here is an idea

NHRA stars Scelzi, Kalitta, Lucas, Todd, Johnson, Coughlin to compete in Thunder Roadsters April 12

at The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

LAS VEGAS – The stars of the National Hot Rod Association’s POWERade Drag racing Series will invade The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday, April 12, for a special 15-lap match race. NHRA drivers Gary Scelzi, Doug Kalitta, Morgan Lucas, J.R. Todd, Allen Johnson and Jeg Coughlin, Jr. will race each other in Thunder Roadsters during Saturday’s NASCAR Whelen All-American Series short track stock car racing program. The race will have a surprise honorary starter and Switzerland’s Top Fuel Dragster pilot Urs Erbacher will serve as color commentator. The drivers, in town for the NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals at The Strip at LVMS, also will participate in the evening’s opening ceremonies.

Four-time NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series champion Gary Scelzi is taking particular aim at fellow Mopar racer Allen Johnson.

“I'm just going to wax him,” Scelzi joked. “Allen Johnson is not going to have a chance unless he has dad (engine builder Roy Johnson) over there tuning on that engine. That's the only chance that Allen Johnson's got to beat me. Tommy Johnson Jr., Ron Capps, Cruz Pedregon and I did it last year. It was so much fun to run on pavement. My preference is obviously running on dirt, but we absolutely had a ball. The fans enjoyed the heck out of it. We have Doug Kalitta going to play this year, who was a USAC world champion. It's going to be a lot fun.”

Defending NHRA Pro Stock champion Jeg Coughlin also is looking forward to the 15-lap contest.
"We're going to give it a whirl," Coughlin said. "I know Scelzi and Doug Kalitta are racing and those guys know what they're doing so my initial plans are to survive. As long as we all have fun, it'll be worthwhile"

“I’m looking forward to it,” said Pro Stock standout Allen Johnson. “I love doing events like this, and would love to do even more in the future. It’s really not hard for me to transition from the drag strip to the circle track. Anything that involves competition, I love it.”

In addition to the NHRA match race, Bullring fans will be treated to a complete program of stock car racing on LVMS’ 3/8-mile asphalt oval. Classes in competition April 12 include Super Late Models, Legends Cars, Late Models, Thunder Roadsters and Bombers.

Spectator gates will open at 5 p.m. The Bullring’s concession stand includes a family-friendly dollar menu, featuring $1 hot dogs, $1 soda and $1 beer.

Just a thought........

Dan

Yes I see what I'm missing :( I'm so sad. I want to be there SOO bad. Hopefully Oct will work out!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back