WJ's Car Swaps Ends? (1 Viewer)

Greg, you’re right… that was a bad one!!!!!

Are you sure that was his last pass ever?? I remember Eddie having 2 major explosions on back to back race weekends. If my memory is correct, I think the second explosion happened just after the hit and was so bad Eddie suffered a back injury from the concussion. As a result, the Safety Safari had to cut the top of the drivers hoop off the car so they could lift Eddie straight out of the car without bending his back. Shortly after is when Eddie announced his retirement.

Is it possible this was Eddie’s second to last pass? I could be wrong…….

Brian :)

No, I'm fairly certain that this was it. He had a bad explosion in Dallas, and basically this was one was nearly an exact duplicate, but it tore up his back pretty bad and he missed the last couple races that year, and never came back the following year. Then again, I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

Anybody watching those Eddie Hill and Amato videos notice how ballsy those cars sound? Damn, I miss 100%! :mad:

100% was the best and alot of teams were even adding hydrazine to the tank back then.....can you say "KA-B00M".....

Anybody watching those Eddie Hill and Amato videos notice how ballsy those cars sound? Damn, I miss 100%! :mad:

I was just thinking the same thing earlier tonight. We’ll see if Dan Olson can get it back to at least 90%.

Fingers crossed!!!

I’m anxious to see how the Nostalgia cars sound at Pomona. Depending how much % those guys decide to put in the tank but I’d bet most of them will run at least 90%. It will be a nice comparison to have modern NHRA legal 85% cars and nostalgia cars running at or over 90% at the same event.

I was just thinking the same thing earlier tonight. We’ll see if Dan Olson can get it back to at least 90%.

Fingers crossed!!!

I’m anxious to see how the Nostalgia cars sound at Pomona. Depending how much % those guys decide to put in the tank but I’d bet most of them will run at least 90%. It will be a nice comparison to have modern NHRA legal 85% cars and nostalgia cars running at or over 90% at the same event.

Last time I was at Pomona, I heard a car start, and I thought to myself.... That's odd... I haven't heard a car sound like that in years!!! I walked around the corner, and it was Del and the Blue Max.... mean sounding! It had that real crisp "pop" to it. I guess I didn't realize how much the sound of the cars have changed over the years.

unless warren has found 4 or 5 hundredths, he'd better be spending some off season time hitting the practice tree cause about half the pro stock field is made up of hole shot artist

jf

Last time I was at Pomona, I heard a car start, and I thought to myself.... That's odd... I haven't heard a car sound like that in years!!! I walked around the corner, and it was Del and the Blue Max.... mean sounding! It had that real crisp "pop" to it. I guess I didn't realize how much the sound of the cars have changed over the years.

Excellent!! Thanks for the heads up Paul….. I’ll be listening for the sound difference.

just saw the pic of warrens paint swap on nhra.com. cool ooking car. kinda wish it was all in that blue ,that would be a killer looking car!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back