Need help finding info of a vintage dragster (1 Viewer)

A few years back, I had a copy of Motorbooks' Vintage and Historic Drag Racers - by ROBERT GENAT. In that book, I think, was a rebuild of an early FED that was a homebuilt cross of a DragMaster front and a Chassis Research TE-440 rear. It had a yellow half body, black chassis, black spoked front wheels, black mag rear wheels, and a blown small block chevy. It was a parntership of two guys. I can't find info on the car, and I don't remember the names of the owners. Does anyone have an idea?

I found this photo, but I can't read the names on the cowl.
justin-calkins-albums-dragsters-picture912-a.jpg

Justin; that car was found and restored in the San Diego area. Unfortunately I only know the name Chuck Einolander.
The "Slot by Scott" was somewhat popular in the late 60's, but I doubt the scoop would fit a Enderle "Barndoor".
(Sorry Randy, but you're thinking Bug/Bird/Buzzard from Enderle style).
The guys at cacklefest.com could help.

Bob

Justin,

It appears it is a good thing Bob is keeping an eye on me! :D

Would someone please post a photo of a "Barndoor" injector?

I have been wrong for all this time as I thought it went, Bug-Bird-Buzzard, and then the square doors were called Barn Doors. It is bad enough I was wrong, but the real bad news is I have been wrong about it for like the last 15-20 years. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the correction Bob,

Rapid

Randy; no problem. You've seen 'em I'm sure, there were quite a few in late 60's/ early 70's. Just about the time F/C got cookin', them guys sort of wanted to see :D , so the bug became popular.
The Barndoor was about 4 1/2" tall and the scoop was huge compared to the "Slot" being about 5" x 10" wide. Gas cars loved'em.

Just to throw a new twist into the deal, I was at Crower's 55th open house celebration and saw the first publlic debut of the recreated Tommy "THE WATCHDOG" Allen's cackle car with a Brand New Crower "shotgun" style injector that was made from the original mold, now owned by Ron's Flying Toilet Co. Wait 'till you see this honey......

Bob

Randy, I've seen alot of people call the three port hat with squared off butterflies 'Barndoor' injectors, including the Doug Herbert site.

Here's an Enderle Barndoor injector

Picture-574.jpg

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back