VEGAS Mater meeting(s)? (1 Viewer)

I will be there all week of the Nationals and all week of the LODRS then over the hill to Pomona for the finals

I'm flying in late Friday night and will be there Sat & Sun. This is my last race until Atlanta at the earliest next year. I've never to Vegas before so I am completely amped up for this race which is still 19 days away. By the way does anybody know if LVMS has top end seating?

Yep, I read somewhere that they had capped the entries for TA and TAFC.

October 5, 2006

Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car entries for the

NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Pacific Division Finals

Nov. 2-5 at The Strip at LVMS

LAS VEGAS – The following race entries have been accepted for the 2006 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Pacific Division Finals to be held at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on November 2-5, 2006:

Top Alcohol Dragster: Ashley Force, Steve Federlin, Mike Austin, Chris Demke, Bob Perkins, Duane Shields, Johnny Ahten, Frank Dischbein, Spencer Massey, Jeff Hamelink, Garrett Bateman, Joey Severance, Kevin Brown, Larry Miersch, Mark Niver, Darren Nicholson, Ed Vickroy, Jeff Isbell, Eric Morris, Danny Valdez, Dennis Swearingen, Brian Smith, Sean O’Bannon, Randy Eakins, Aaron Olivarez.

Top Alcohol Funny Car: Jay Payne, Steve Gasparelli, Dennis Taylor, Ross Stickler, Brian Hough, Clint Thompson, Doug Gordon, Mark Woznichak, John Weaver, Pete Rivera, Mike Drake, Ron August, Mert Littlefield, Don Hudson, Larry Miner, Rian Konno, Jason Rupert, John Patton, Sean Bellemeur, David Ray, Roger Bateman, Hank Coolidge, Bret Williamson, Jeff Carroll, Paul Crifasi, Nancy Matter, Dale Van Gundy, Bucky Austin/Joey Severance.

"At this point we have not turned away anyone on the list who pre-registered," said Chris Blair, LVMS Sr. Director of Drag Racing Operations. “Any late entries must contact the NHRA Pacific Division office to determine eligibility for competition in this event. At this point, additional entries will only be granted to teams currently in contention for NHRA National and Divisional points. Any racer who is listed on this entry list and has elected not to race in Las Vegas is encouraged to contact the NHRA Pacific Division offices.”

The Strip at LVMS received a record number of Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car entries, causing officials to seal the list and refuse late requests.

"It's a tough situation to be in -- to turn away participants who normally could make the show at most divisional races," continued Blair. "However, we have national and divisional championships on the line and we need to make sure those participants have the opportunity to race under the best conditions possible. We need to make sure that the racer competing for the Super Street title receives the same opportunities as the racer competing in Top Alcohol. We pride ourselves on being customer friendly to all sportsman racers and want to make sure that everyone's needs are properly met."

The track will enforce an extremely-strict zero-tolerance policy for oil and fluid leaks for this event for all classes. In addition, Top Alcohol pit spaces will be awarded based on 2006 national and divisional point standings. Only the top 16 in points for both Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny car will receive a spot in the track's pro pit/midway area.

For more information, please contact The Strip's office at (702) 632-8213 or visit www.LVMS.com.

###

I can't wait for Vegas. Flying in on Wednesday and back home on Tuesday. Hopefully I can win enough to pay for the trip.:D

Leaving Las Vegas Joelle? Good luck in Denver I love that part of that of the country. I'll see you all in a few weeks at the race.

I also will be staying the week, and then heading to Pomona after the LODRS race,

Hey Joelle, at least you had a good time in Chicago, didn't you?

Alan

I'm flying in Thursday and flying out Monday afternoon. This will be it for me until probabaly Sonoma next year :( . Chris..bummed you won't be there..but I promise I'll drink a beer in your honor ;)
Have fun in LV Terry! I`ll try and remember to give you a call sometime during Finals weekend.

Hey Vince..you still renting rooms at your house for the races?? ;)
T-Bone :D

I've been working so much lately that I need a reservation to go home & sleep myself. I won't have a day off work until the Friday the ACDelco's start (16+hr day today). At that time I'm taking 4 days off of work. Man, I'm beat!:eek:
I'm at work now with toothpicks holding my eyes open.

Y'all could also meet up here.......

DSR DRIVERS TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS AT TI IN VEGAS OCT. 26

LAS VEGAS (Oct. 6, 2006) - All nine Don Schumacher Racing drivers will participate in a special fan autograph session on Thursday, Oct. 26, at the TI (Treasure Island) hotel in Las Vegas in advance of the Las Vegas NHRA Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas that weekend.

U.S. Army Top Fuel driver Tony Schumacher and Skull Shine/Knoll Gas-Torco Race Fuels Top Fuel pilot Melanie Troxel - both involved in a fierce battle for the 2006 Top Fuel championship - will sign from 5:30-6:00 p.m.

U.S. Army Pro Stock Motorcycle riders Angelle Sampey and Antron Brown - also in a fight for the class championship - will sign for one hour between 6-8 p.m.

Ron Capps, driver of the Brut Revolution Dodge Charger Funny Car, deep in a chase for the crown with John Force, will join teammate and reigning NHRA Funny Car champ Gary ScelzI (Mopar/Oakley Dodge Charger) to sign from 7-8 p.m., while Jack Beckman (Matco Tools Iron Eagle Dodge Charger) and Mike Ashley (Torco Race Fuels Dodge Charger) will also sign for one hour during the 6-8 p.m. timeframe.

In addition, Team Mopar/Valspar Dodge Stratus Pro Stock driver Richie Stevens Jr. will be on hand to sign for the fans during the 6-8 p.m. period.

On display in the TI lobby during the week leading up to Sunday's eliminations at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway will be the Mopar/Oakley Dodge Funny Car, the Brut Revolution Dodge Funny Car and one of the U.S. Army Pro Stock Motorcycles.

General Information:

TI (Treasure Island) Hotel
3300 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
702-894-7111

Schedule:

5:30-6 p.m.:
Tony Schumacher, Melanie Troxel

6-8 p.m.:
Ron Capps (between 7-8 p.m.)
Gary Scelzi (between 7-8 p.m.)
Jack Beckman
Mike Ashley
Angelle Sampey
Antron Brown
Richie Stevens Jr.

I still haven't gotten my tickets for the race, yet, but my plan is to buy a weekend pass for myself and get my husband a ticket for the finals.

I haven't visited Vegas in two years. I've never been to LVMS as I didn't discover drag racing until after I moved back to the Northwest.

I am really looking forward the weekend. I've not had a proper vacation this year and this is all I'm going to get. We are flying in Thursday night, going to pick up the rental car then drive out to my friend's house. We're staying in their guest bedroom. Yay for free room! We fly out Monday afternoon. I have to go back to work ASAP, so the four days off is all I can manage. The end of the year is crazy around here.

My plan is to do breakfast with a good buddy of mine Friday, then get dumped at the track in the afternoon to catch qualifying. I am thinking hubby can go play a round of golf or something while I get my first nitro fix of the weekend. Probably meet up with friends for dinner. I want to do a show since I've not yet had the chance to do that, maybe Blue Man or Cirque du Soleil. Then of course all day Saturday at the track, dinner/drinks with some other friends, then Sunday at the track and more drinks/dinner with friends after that.

I only lived in Vegas 2 1/2 years, but I don't ever recall it raining in October, usually that held off until the end of November. The weather should be perfect, mid-60s, sunny and the races will be great.

Did I mention I'm stoked? :D

I still haven't gotten my tickets for the race, yet, but my plan is to buy a weekend pass for myself and get my husband a ticket for the finals.

We haven't received our tickets yet either. So what is the mater's meeting and where does everyone meet up. I am going to Vegas and will be driving in on Thursday and leaving Monday.

Y'all could also meet up here.......

DSR DRIVERS TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS AT TI IN VEGAS OCT. 26

That is incredible!!! I wonder if I'll run into any of them at the mall beforehand... it could happen, since I met Shirley Muldowney there once, and Antron Brown was walking in front of me down the mall the next day. Maybe Tony and Ron will stop by to take me to Starbucks that afternoon... Oh, wait! Back to reality!
It's right across the street from where I work, so I will be cutting out before 5:30 to be there! Thanks Kelly!!! :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back