Torkelson Motorsports Showing Improvement (1 Viewer)

TORKELSON MOTORSPORTS SHOWING IMPROVEMENT
Jim Wiens Making Positive Changes

July 12, 2007 (INDIANAPOLIS, IN) – With their first weekend back on the Super Chevy Show tour, Torkelson Motorsports feel they finally have a winning combination. With a new car, new tune-up and new driver on board, the team feels a renewed sense of excitement.

Nixa , Missouri resident and long time independent Pro Mod driver Jim Wiens assumed the driver role in Indy. Not only is Wiens known as a talented driver, but on his mechanical skills with race cars. Wiens assisted Wayne Torkelson in finding a winning tune-up and new clutch combination.

“We had a great first outing,” said Wiens. “The car went straight down the track and consistently ran mid-six second numbers. After our first full run, I don't know who had a bigger smile Wayne or myself. He and his wife have worked so hard putting this car back together for me and the team. I have not driven a blown car in about six years; I’ve been running a turbo Pro Mod for a long time, but I felt completely comfortable in this car. Wayne was a tremendous help to me with his many years experience as a very successful driver. He also allowed me to go in a different direction on the clutch tune-up, and we are now real close to being where we want to be. I asked him to build me the power in the motor, and I would handle the clutch calls. I would like to thank him again for having so much trust in me. I really look forward to a long future of racing with him and his wife.”

The new team was allowed to run the Super Chevy Show as an alternate, due to their last minute addition to the show. If the team had been a regular for the weekend, they would have qualified for the eight car field.

The next stop for Torkelson Motorsports is July 20 – 22 in Maple Grove , PA. They will be a regular entry for that event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back