Torkelson Motorsports Back In Super Chevy Action (1 Viewer)

TORKELSON MOTORSPORTS BACK IN SUPER CHEVY ACTION
Driver Jim Wiens Hungry to go Rounds in Competition

August 9, 2007 ( JOLIET , ILL ) – The newly revamped team of Torkelson Motorsports has been given the green light to compete during the Super Chevy Race at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet , Illinois, August 10 - 12 . Despite a strong showing in Indianapolis and Maple Grove , the team was not allowed to compete in Milan , Michigan ; however, officials have since decided the team was performing well and extended an invite to several more shows in 2007.

“We are excited to be back in Super Chevy Show competition,” said driver Jim Wiens. “Wayne [Torkelson] has freshened the motor and blower during our time off, while I continued to stay sharp on my driving skills running my Turbo Pro Mod locally in Missouri . Now, the team is back in action and we are looking forward to racing at Route 66 Raceway. The track has a reputation of being a very fast track and a good race surface. I'm also very excited that a week later we will be racing at Kansas City , which is almost a home track for me. I have raced there for many years and have many good memories. I am pleased to get a chance to race close to home. I still cannot thank Wayne and Barbara enough for letting drive and work on their car. It’s been an awesome experience for me. There are a lot of quality cars out here running, and I think we are certainly close to being in the mix. Of course we must thank Red Line Oil for their continued support and Super Chevy Show for giving us a chance to prove ourselves.”

Although Wiens is a veteran race car driver, he is relatively new to the Aeromotive Fuel Systems Nitro Couple class in Super Chevy Show competition. During his first two outings in the car, Wiens drove and helped tune his way into the field, showing strong numbers in both Indianapolis and Maple Grove . With a new outlook for the team, Torkelson Motorsports is proving they are still very strong contenders for an event win.

The next stop for Torkelson Motorsports is August 17 – 19 in Kansas City , Missouri for the Super Chevy Show at KCIR.

Driver Jim Wiens Hungry to go Rounds in Competition

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back