Jim Wiens And Torkelson Motorsports Showing Continued Success In Super Chevy Show Nit (1 Viewer)

JIM WIENS AND TORKELSON MOTORSPORTS SHOWING CONTINUED SUCCESS IN SUPER CHEVY SHOW NITRO COUPE

NIXA, MO (August 21, 2007) – Torkelson Motorsports and driver Jim Wiens has been diligent in improving their race program every race. This past weekend in Kansas City was no exception. After a decent qualifying effort, and advancement in competition, the team is looking to a solid finish to 2007.

“Our team had a good weekend,” said Wiens. “We normally like to make a 1/8 mile run on Friday, but with our limited budget the decision was made to skip the run and go over the whole car from front to back. We also took time and looked at the track and made the changes that we thought would be best for us.”

“We qualified fourth, which was not as good as we wanted, but with the very hot conditions, new track, and only getting two chances to run we decided to run a little on the conservative side.”

Despite not starting from the point where the team has grown accustomed to, Wiens and Torkelson knew winning rounds was the goal for the day. Now, with their eyes on valuable points to re-gain as much ground as possible, the entire team was anxious to work towards an event win.

According to Wiens, “We were in the first pair of cars to run Sunday and about a minute prior to running the rain came. We were forced to head back to the trailer and wait about two hours. As a driver I don't get that nervous on race day, but in this case as the clutch tuner, I do a lot of thinking and re thinking; wondering if I did the right thing or not. Unfortunately, the more time you have, the more you think about it. The KCIR track staff did an awesome job drying out the track and getting it prepped. We won first round with the third fastest run in eliminations and were ready for a second round rematch from last week against Zack Barklage. The rain came again and now, the team will have a few weeks off.”

With Super Chevy Show competition on a short break prior to their next event in Bristol , Tennessee , the team has decided to keep in the groove by running some extra events. Running some area races in the mid-west, Torkelson Motorsports feels they have finally turned the corner and is back in winning form.

“We have decided to run a few local Pro Mod shoot-outs here in my area,” said Wiens. “One will be at my home race track near Springfield , Missouri . We are going to try to take the bounty for the first three second run at OIR. There will be several other cars that can do it, and should help make for a great show. Then it’s off to Bristol , Tennessee for the Super Chevy Show. Many thanks again to Wayne and Barbara for letting me drive there car. I also want to recognize Jimmy Holzman who helped us out working on the car this past weekend.”

Jim Wiens and Torkelson Motorsports will next compete at Ozark International Raceway for the Street Machine Nationals. The event will be September 14 – 15.

Torkelson Motorsports would like to thank Redline Oil and Super Chevy Show for their continued support. For more information on this or anything regarding Torkelson Motorsports, please contact Amy Johnson, Public Relations representative.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back