Massey 332.18! (1 Viewer)

Maybe it's because it's MY OPINION! Can you offer me a subsitute for the word I when it's expressing my personal belief? What the hell is your point and/or problem. Did I ever say I driven or anything even related? It is a discussion. Go laugh up a storm being a moron.
wow,tough guy there!!!! And you are an ass dude,so shut up please!!!

wow,tough guy there!!!! And you are an ass dude,so shut up please!!!

Screw you, there was no problem with this entire discussion till you come on here and try and start a problem. I never even talked to you on here before and you just gotta pop up and start problems. I said nothing to deserve your attitude. You had absolutely no right to create a problem out of what was a finely designed thread. You have the right to not like me or like what I write, but you don't have the right to start talking Sh*t to me right out of the blue. Learn some respect.

Most major forms of motorsports have gone under major changes from chassis and engine combos for safety, speed and/or costs, etc. NHRA is not special. Money has driven out a lot of teams and those that CAN continue to spend grind away at the base of professional drag racing. Bottom line, smaller cubic inches, less blower, one less mag. If the cars were slowed down, and lightened, A) NHRA could control the speed limits by tightening the rules and B) taking weight off the car will also make it easier to stop. Letting the teams and MFGs dictate what the rules should be or should allow is like the lunatics running the asylum. NHRA needs to do what is right and grow some balls and do what is good for the life of professional drag racing and hopefully lower costs and help bring back some smaller teams.

Most major forms of motorsports have gone under major changes from chassis and engine combos for safety, speed and/or costs, etc. NHRA is not special. Money has driven out a lot of teams and those that CAN continue to spend grind away at the base of professional drag racing. Bottom line, smaller cubic inches, less blower, one less mag. If the cars were slowed down, and lightened, A) NHRA could control the speed limits by tightening the rules and B) taking weight off the car will also make it easier to stop. Letting the teams and MFGs dictate what the rules should be or should allow is like the lunatics running the asylum. NHRA needs to do what is right and grow some balls and do what is good for the life of professional drag racing and hopefully lower costs and help bring back some smaller teams.

I agree with you 100%. I've heard for a long time the story about the cost and teams leaving. We would never need to wonder if the next race is gonna be a full field or not. They all should be, absolutely no exception. Alot of NHRA's evolution of the class and what they have approved have made it the mega ship it is today. It makes me admire the small budget teams even more than I used to the more the price rises.

Some of my favorite teams/drivers from over the years were the greats: Dick Lahaie, Kenny Bernstein, Joe Amato, Gary Ormsby, Frank Beard, Eddie Hill, Darrel Gwynn, Big Daddy, Shirley, Ed the Ace and on and on....NHRA professional drag racing has lost it's soul. Get more single car teams back out there...

Some of my favorite teams/drivers from over the years were the greats: Dick Lahaie, Kenny Bernstein, Joe Amato, Gary Ormsby, Frank Beard, Eddie Hill, Darrel Gwynn, Big Daddy, Shirley, Ed the Ace and on and on....NHRA professional drag racing has lost it's soul. Get more single car teams back out there...

It's been on the rise alot lately and I love it. First The Greek gets lifetime support, then Bode hit it big, now Rit Pustari was the last big jump. Hopefully the trend continues. This cannot become a sport ran by a handful of teams, the sport still needs the independent. Even though Grassroots may have a different meaning today then back then, independent racers who are not well known early on have always been the backbone of the sport. There was a time, may not of lasted long, where no one knew who Don Garlits or Frank Manzo was; every well known racer started out having no reputation at all.

Last edited:
How about another option, but no doubt not loved by the BIG teams, VHT is now thinned with alky, how about spraying 50% VHT, which of course would be liked more by the BIG teams so they don't have to throw out all their data if NHRA stopped all VHT threatments. The CC would reset the clutch, and mag settings, make the less funded teams more competetive, lower racing costs, and make GoodYear Happy, because with less traction the tires will be less likely to pull the tires apart. It may also help all the rest of the 1320 racers happy, because of less traction difference for the last 320'.
And if that doesn't slow the cars down enough, go to 40%. To sell this idea to the big dollar teams, maybe let them use traction control.
The fans want to see close side-by-side racing.

Would'nt have to up the payouts, just let all run.
Start pay with second RD losers.
I think that in a professional class you should have to earn a spot in the field to run on Sunday. As a fan, I think qualifying is half of the excitement, and if you take qualifying away then you have eliminated half of the excitement.

The fans want to see close side-by-side racing.

kinda going off topic here, but here goes...

do "the fans" really want to see close racing? it seems like it has been closer over the last few years than ever before...between the shorter length and almost "spec series" rule in the Pro classes the field and races are incredibly close, yet interest still seems to be waning

IMHO what the fans want is exciting racing; where different people win can win on a regular basis, where different looking cars that perform a bit differently than one another (I.E. launch hard or run hard on the top end) compete against each other, where the unexpected is the usual...

me, while I understand the work and effort the teams put in, I find two virtually identical cars running virtually identical ETs round after round pretty boring and would much rather watch somebody come from behind to win or someone get a great leave and win...but what do I know?

Folks complain about short fields. A few yrs ago we had short fields, and cars show up when they knew they could be IN the race on Sun. Get their sponsors air time.
We had cars no one ever saw before, and crossovers from IHRA along with cars that don't run the full series step up and show at more events. WHY?? because they knew they would have a chance.

To call something a "NATL. Event" then restrict it to only 16 cars...??

Some complain about the "SAME CARS ALWAYS WINNING". You want to see up-sets...you gotta let the "little" guy in.

I say if they pass tech - let 'em race. It's a win-win, the fan gets more bang for his buck, new sponsors get air, no new cost to nhra. Whats not to like??

"If you build it, they WILL come".

kinda going off topic here, but here goes...

do "the fans" really want to see close racing? it seems like it has been closer over the last few years than ever before...between the shorter length and almost "spec series" rule in the Pro classes the field and races are incredibly close, yet interest still seems to be waning

IMHO what the fans want is exciting racing; where different people win can win on a regular basis, where different looking cars that perform a bit differently than one another (I.E. launch hard or run hard on the top end) compete against each other, where the unexpected is the usual...

me, while I understand the work and effort the teams put in, I find two virtually identical cars running virtually identical ETs round after round pretty boring and would much rather watch somebody come from behind to win or someone get a great leave and win...but what do I know?

Totally agree, Mike

Are running these cars not expensive enough for you yet Zap? Now you want 16 cars to run for free?

No kidding. I know a few folks this year that missed the show and the tow $$ and it really hurt the pocketbook. Nobody should have to do this for free- especially with the investment made to give "The Big Show" an actual "show" on Friday and Saturday...

If you only want to pay 2nd round losers and above Zappy, then make it so that JFR, DSR, MLR, et al are the cars required to run on Friday and Saturday, and then seed in the privateers into the ladder for sunday eliminations based on their transporter's arrival time into the pits on Sunday morning... Warm it up, drag it out and ya takes ur chances....

If you let "All Run" you also eliminate the need to make 4 Q runs, thus saving the teams $$. First rd lose $$ does not cover 4 passes.

What the heck ya been smoking Zappy?:D

Yeah, let's leave no child behind... this is just little league baseball... little jonny has a glove... so he has to play an inning

IF YOU AIN'T ONE OF THE 16 Quickest YOU GO HOME...

d'kid

Where is it written in stone that only 16 can race??? If you want the sport to grow, then you got to grow the sport. They ain't gonna lower tix, so give more show.

The cars are out there, if they know they can race (on Sun.) they will come. Others will be built. By turning away Pro cars isn't that kinda shootin ourself in the foot???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back