laydown or not??? (1 Viewer)

It is starting to look like they are making it up as they go along. I can't wait until the stress is gone.

It is starting to look like they are making it up as they go along. I can't wait until the stress is gone.

Speaking of stress, how is everyone in the Kallitta camp holding up??
It sure seems like Doug has matched up against Dixon A LOT lately with some very close racing.............

Personally, I think any team that does not use team orders regarding the Countdown are just being dumb.

Ashley Force better get used to letting Dad and Robert win.
If David Grubnic makes it in the Countdown, then Hillary and Doug should help him out afterwards.

Personally, I think it just makes sense. It doesn't bother me at all that races might be "pre-determined."

Personally, I think any team that does not use team orders regarding the Countdown are just being dumb.

Ashley Force better get used to letting Dad and Robert win.
If David Grubnic makes it in the Countdown, then Hillary and Doug should help him out afterwards.

Personally, I think it just makes sense. It doesn't bother me at all that races might be "pre-determined."

After the way last year ended, I hope they reek some havoc on them!!!:D

Suzie & Jeff, the blame for last year lies directly with the starter. He made a call they pushed the issue and he backed down when he should have turned on the red light. If NHRA had a starter with attachments a red car would be wearing the no. 1 this year.

Suzie & Jeff, the blame for last year lies directly with the starter. He made a call they pushed the issue and he backed down when he should have turned on the red light. If NHRA had a starter with attachments a red car would be wearing the no. 1 this year.
So you're saying Shoe should have been DNQ'd from the event right?

Attachments!!! I like it! :D

So you're saying Shoe should have been DNQ'd from the event right?

You got it. Actually I don't know if the starter could have DQ'd him from the event but he should have DQ'd him from the round and then NHRA should have DQ'd him or deducted points. Otherwise why have a starter? Just use the electronics to send them down the track and let the crew chiefs decide if they should run or not.

As I recall from years past (read buster) you wouldn't defy the starter unless you had a death wish.

Attachments!!! I like it! :D

You like that huh! I stole it from one of the F1 announcers on Speed. One of the F1 drivers made a particularly hairy pass and the announcer exclaimed "that took some very large attachments". I about fell out of the chair.

Buster Couch would have just taken control and made sure it was shut off and not done a half ass job! I don't care really, that last pass of the night in the last session the feeling in the stands was so electric, I haven't really experienced something like it, and I'm so gutted I accidently recorded over it. Everyone around me including myself (not knowing the full extent of what was going on) Were going "LET IT RUN" Why? Because if the car hadn't left the stuff on the track, resulting in the car smoking the hides, it would have been the quickest pass in the history of the sport IMO. And that for me would have been amazing to see, look at Doug he ran a great .45! I'm starting to sound like a Schumacher fan a lot lately, and I like Doug a lot. But I love Alan Johnson, when you don't have someone around you can really get behind anymore, the next option is Alan! So to the above I don't think he should have been kicked out of the race, that's total BS and one sided attitudes! But had he ran a great number, it should have been thrown out. That's my take! At the end of the day and in Vegas, Tony and Alan took care of the job. It hurt to see Doug come so close, but that's racing. It's been and done! Move on.

Mike

Michael, you are sounding so much like a Kurt Busch/Tony Stewart type fan where sanctioning body rules never seem to apply to the point where they aren't hindered from their victorie$/winning$/Point$ despite their blatant disregard for rules?

Sanctioning bodies need to take control of everyone equally not selectively.
I'm clearly still aching for Doug. Then there's the rev-limiter . . .

. . . don't get me started.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back