$450,000.00 Pro Stock Car? (1 Viewer)

cone

Nitro Member
Did anyone else hear W.J.'s comment about the cost of his first Pro Stock car was $3500 and today it is $450,000? I know it is expensive now but I don't think it is that expensive.

Did anyone else hear W.J.'s comment about the cost of his first Pro Stock car was $3500 and today it is $450,000? I know it is expensive now but I don't think it is that expensive.

He said "with the engines and all". I think that probably includes a couple of bullets, which as I understand it, are running well north of $100k these days.

There was a used Comp B/AA car on RJ a few years ago with a Schmidt 500" P/S motor and the car was an ex KJ Cobalt. I believe the asking price was $185k, and that is USED with an automatic!

I can easily see where the $450k can come from..

Are you having sticker shock?:eek: I would like to know what Bruno Massel has in his DD/AT comp Cobalt......and he's just a "Sportsman":D

Did you guys see George Brice III's Dart? 50K just in the body work and paint job, not including the Ray Barton Hemi?!?! Unreal, but if I had the money, I'd be getting me one!

Did you guys see George Brice III's Dart? 50K just in the body work and paint job, not including the Ray Barton Hemi?!?! Unreal, but if I had the money, I'd be getting me one!

They had planned on promoting these cars with a A/SM comp cuda. I guess they must have came to their senses. This combo would never run with the Cobalts.

Ness Car $95K to $115K depending on options picked.
Paint $6-8000.
Tires and Rims $3600.
Racepak $14-18000 depending on options.
Ignition $1000 with bells and whistles.
Trick Titanium Can $4200.
Transmission $7500.
Clutch $3-5000 depending on what you want.
3rd Member $4900.
Motor $65K in parts alone, the rest is Unobtainium and Cantafordium.

Letting the hammer out on a PS Car Priceless!

I'd say Warren is in the Ball Park.

missed u this yr at the big go pat had lots of your fav things too

Sorry Steve. Were sitting it out until we get the Engine Combo working better. Focusing the efforts, cash and energy at this point.

I went to Brainerd where the other GDS Bauerly Team Cars took a Season Championship and a Class win. Dean Bauerly's RJ Cavalier went out in the semis going red running 7.29 in Pro-Outlaw. Making a few rounds this weekend clinched the Championship for Dean.

Mike Bauerly's RJ Corvette took the Outlaw Class running 7.26, not to bad for a 2600 lbs car with an Automatic. I got to play Crew Cheif for both cars this weekend. Had a lot of fun but not as much as running Indy.

Ness Car $95K to $115K depending on options picked.
Paint $6-8000.
Tires and Rims $3600.
Racepak $14-18000 depending on options.
Ignition $1000 with bells and whistles.
Trick Titanium Can $4200.
Transmission $7500.
Clutch $3-5000 depending on what you want.
3rd Member $4900.
Motor $65K in parts alone, the rest is Unobtainium and Cantafordium.

Letting the hammer out on a PS Car Priceless!

I'd say Warren is in the Ball Park.

not to mention something to haul it around in

no need to apoligize pat i took care of business as usual haha, we were talking bout 2006 when all your guys came over and we tore it up till bout 5am monday morn. if tazz is still with u tell him i said hello. i asked jason if that guy from last yr would stop by grays and fall on his car this yr since u werent there . unbelieveable.

The question asked to W.J. was how much to build a pro stock car not how much to run a team for a year. Adding up Pat's numbers I come up with $230k which seems closer to me.

I did mean to post this in the general NHRA forum but clicked on sportsman by mistake, is there a way for me to move it?

The question asked to W.J. was how much to build a pro stock car not how much to run a team for a year. Adding up Pat's numbers I come up with $230k which seems closer to me.

Where are you going to get power from?

Pat posted that you're talking about 65k in PARTS for the engine. Who are you going to have build it to where you have a reasonable shot to get in the show?

Or, if you prefer to buy one, who is going to sell you an engine that can qualify? Nobody.

Last option is to lease. Last I heard those engines were leasing for $25k per race. Seems like you can get to $450k in a hurry if you want to qualify.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back