Schumacher Pro Stock Car Team Changes (1 Viewer)

Wasn't there when I read it, couldn't read all the grey on black stuff anyway because I was in the media center at Indy - where the DSR changes were not widely known, by the way.

Don't assume everybody has a chance to read everything and if they don't change the color scheme here pretty soon, this will join the list of places not worth the bother because it's so damned hard to read.

Actually, Don said more on the interview during the finals broadcast last night than what was posted on the web. (I think) He said there will be a press release today.

Danny

Actually, Don said more on the interview during the finals broadcast last night than what was posted on the web. (I think) He said there will be a press release today.

Danny

Well I must have missed that b/c what I heard him say was basically totally different than what NHRA.com was reporting. He said that Stevens was going to Johnson's team and they were partners and that the red car was still under his umbrella. He didnt say anything about Enders buying it as reported on NHRA's website. I dont know. It was spin dr'ing to me.

I heard the exact same thing.Which,BTW,I think is damage control.I don't see Shoe having anything to do with a Mopar P/S effort anymore.

How the hell can I follow a link when there isn't one? The first message is all there was when I wrote my reply - is there a link in there? Can't see one.

Even if there was a link, when you have to use CTRL-A to make the text visible, there are no indications of links, but at the time I read the damned thing there was no link to anything, thus the question. The first message in this thread reads like it could have been written months ago and there was no clue as to what triggered the message - no context. Now there is.

Last edited:
OK boss, if you say there was no link, there was no link... (even though links were posted 10 minutes before your reply)...

Again, just tryin to help point you in the right direction for info, as it appears that you skipped over it based on times...

Now I know better...

The following quote was taken from NHRA web site...

>>Enders, meanwhile, was available for comment as she is not racing Monday after failing to qualify for the event.<< (Thats a surprise)

"This is a dream come true for me," Enders said. "This is something my dad and I have talked about since I was a little girl, and to have it finally happen is quite a feeling. We're so excited about the future. There's a lot of work to do, but Mr. Schumacher has given us a great head start by helping us get going, and we're ready to move forward."

I would have thought she would have given Victor Cagnazzi a little credit...After all he did have something to do with her success..

The following quote was taken from NHRA web site...

>>Enders, meanwhile, was available for comment as she is not racing Monday after failing to qualify for the event.<< (Thats a surprise)

I would have thought she would have given Victor Cagnazzi a little credit...After all he did have something to do with her success..

I am with you John, afterall while driving for him is the only time she was even a threat to win a round. Look what Connelley has done with her engines. The dude is bad. And as for joining Shoe's, we all said that was ignorant when it happened, and why you would buy a team that cant qualify just dumbfounds me. The only way they will qualify is if they lease engines from someone and then there never going to have the best so I dont udnerstand it. 3rd to 13th and she will be 23rd before the end of the year. Great Move.

I'm so confused????????
Is Allen Johnson now getting Shoe's MOPAR $ and Richie's car?
Is Shoe keeping some control in the deal where he can have another Morgan/Glidden/Nickens experience in the wings for Allen Johnson? (Lord, please no! Does Roy even have a bicycle?)
Is Shoe cutting all his losses in the Pro Stock world and quitting the class altogether?
Somebody please explain (in a text Larry Sullivan can read)

I'm so confused????????
Is Allen Johnson now getting Shoe's MOPAR $ and Richie's car?
Is Shoe keeping some control in the deal where he can have another Morgan/Glidden/Nickens experience in the wings for Allen Johnson? (Lord, please no! Does Roy even have a bicycle?)
Is Shoe cutting all his losses in the Pro Stock world and quitting the class altogether?
Somebody please explain (in a text Larry Sullivan can read)

Bobby, I dont think any of us know exactly whats going on. Shoe said they were going to be partners sorta, and that the red car was still under his umbrella. Then nhra.com is reporting that Stevens is moving over to Johnson's team and that Enders has bought the red car. Dont know. I read somewhere were Roy Johnson said all he knows was he was told by MOPAR to have an engine ready for Stevens at the next race so it apparently is a MOPAR decision.

Is Shoe keeping some control in the deal where he can have another Morgan/Glidden/Nickens experience in the wings for Allen Johnson?

My thread on this very topic got pulled cus someone didnt like what I had to say.

Lets try again.....GOD I HOPE NOT! :eek:

best of luck to AJ and this whole deal.

Moment of Truth

Is this the way you want this situation to be handled on this site waiting for the spin cycle er press release/damgage control?
.................................OR................................
Some crewmember (unnamed of course) giving some insight??

Before you get started, chill out, it's just a question with no mean spirit or bashing intended:)

Not only am i confused about the operation of the team i am really confused by some other things she said to NHRA. Especially the part about the engine program of Nickens.

treading lightly on that one!

............and what does Billy Glidden have to say about all of this?:eek:
Anything, and everything I have said was, exactly as it has happened! I think it is a shame, that don had all this talent right here, already in indy, and has listened to all the folks doing the same thing he does, (dig into their pockets) I do not feel he was actually trying to have a competitive team, just get as much loot as he could? He made promises he could not, and did not keep. Instead of getting rid of the problems, and getting the correct folks in the correct places, he did exactly the opposite. I said it would all come out in the wash. So what happened? BG

its still not making sense? in my opinion, i think he bought out the johnsons operation and to not have this board or the nhra go crazy because of the recent uproar on quanity of cars, he now owns all 3, but is saying different. i dont buy the shes now just under my umbrella. i think if the enders really wanted their own team theyd go back to a gm. theres more parts availible and rental engines are eaiser to find, schmiht, grumpy, reher-morrisn, f.i.r.e, inhouse stuff ect ect. i think team $humacher just got bigger and hes playing a chess game with the nhra. just my 2 cents worth.

Try using CTRL-A to make the text visible and then tell me how many links you can identify.

Since I was trying to read the message and keep up with cars running down the track, it took me at least ten minutes to try to figure out what it was all about and compose and edit my reply.

If they would get off their dead patooties and fix the damned color scheme, maybe I could manage to do that in five minutes.

Meanhwile, this is my last post until they do - no sense trying to add to a chain of messages that aren't legible.

Anything, and everything I have said was, exactly as it has happened! I think it is a shame, that don had all this talent right here, already in indy, and has listened to all the folks doing the same thing he does, (dig into their pockets) I do not feel he was actually trying to have a competitive team, just get as much loot as he could? He made promises he could not, and did not keep. Instead of getting rid of the problems, and getting the correct folks in the correct places, he did exactly the opposite. I said it would all come out in the wash. So what happened? BG
Welcome back, Bill..

Yea..it's all playing out isn't it? Hope AJ makes it through it all..

Last night at Indy they had two red SRT"S they were working on....this morning they were still there and it looked like maybe some testing was going to happen, but I left early. Having three girls who adore Erica I can only wish her the best.

oh ya....I was walking through the pits the other day talking to my daughters on the cell phone....as I came up on Erica's trailer she was out there so I got in line. When it was my turn I put the phone on speaker and the girls yelled...."We love you Erica!" She chatted with them for a bit and boy were they excited. It was a cool moment and I think she got a kick out of it too.

Cool story, John.

I also hope Erica lands on her feet..no matter what screwed up soap opera they have happening in the future.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back