Team Schumachers Pro Stock Team (1 Viewer)

Terrance Smith

Nitro Member
Looks like Shaun's move to the engineering department is keeping up with there current tradition of getting one car in the show and losing in the first round. I think Ray E. is too busy fighting with Jeremy Mayfield to help Shaun figure out what Jerry Haas couldn't on his race car, that's if he really is working in Charlotte which I doubt he is.

Looks like Shaun's move to the engineering department is keeping up with there current tradition of getting one car in the show and losing in the first round. I think Ray E. is too busy fighting with Jeremy Mayfield to help Shaun figure out what Jerry Haas couldn't on his race car, that's if he really is working in Charlotte which I doubt he is.

They need an engineer back at Brownsburg to figure out how to keep the car that qualifies from breaking every Sunday.

You just can't help yourself can ya?? I don't get it. Do you NOT think they are working as hard as they can? Did Shaun pee in your Cheerios somewhere down the line?

I guess I just don't get all the threads you start..and contribute to..that basically has to hammer Shaun and this team.

We all know the facts surrounding this..as much as we get told..so I don't see the point in stirring the pot.

You just can't help yourself can ya?? I don't get it. Do you NOT think they are working as hard as they can? Did Shaun pee in your Cheerios somewhere down the line?

I guess I just don't get all the threads you start..and contribute to..that basically has to hammer Shaun and this team.

We all know the facts surrounding this..as much as we get told..so I don't see the point in stirring the pot.
i didnt know everyone has to love dsr! just because he posts on here doesnt mean everyone has to love dsr!!! why cant we have our opinions. personally i think nickens has to much to handle. i dont think right now they can win a p/s championship. i dont want to sound like a jerk but not all of us are dsr fans period!

Let me preface this with the following:

I don't know Shaun, I have never met him. I don't like him, nor do I dislike him as, "I have never met him"!

I don't know Billy Glidden, I have never met him either. I don't like him, nor do I dislike him, why,,,,,"I have never met him"! Sometimes I think he came off as a little too "sold on himself", but that is just my opinion.

Are we clear? Good. :D

I will say this, it appears Billy was correct and giving out some pretty factual info back when he was posting here in reguards to SC.

Rapid

No he didn't pee in my Cheerios

I have nothing against Shaun Willymon, this board needs a little crap however the crap you say I'm stirring happens to be factual. I just wanted to bring to light how corprate types try an cover things up. They don't sugar coat stuff in NASCAR if you aint performing you're gone. There no, " Bob is gonna assist anyway he can in the transition" or " Shan has been re assgned to the engineering department" stories there. You will probably say NASCAR is different but it isn't. Its an performance based sport just like drag racing and the kid wasn't performing. Then, to top it all off a new team is added and they are continuing to struggle. Back at the begining of the season Billy G. and anyone who was on his bandwagin were getting beat up about this so called conspiracy against Shaun. It turns out the only conspiracy is if he is really in Charlotte working or back in Cali tending to NuFormz. I have nothing against Shaun, I don't know him. I do however know Billy, his dad Bob and brother Rusty and those guys took some underved beatings on here over Shaun inability to get the car in the show. Billy was a profit fortelling the struggles of this team, and I predict the number one driver will be out after this year if he doesn't produce a win or too. Like the other poster said is it a crime to point the obvious, or is anything negative towards DSR off limits? It's almost like something that happened at work Friday, our boss calls all the troops together to talk and asks does anyone have anything to say, I ask a questions and get an answer fine. Later my supervisor comes out and basically says the big boss didn't appreciate me asking a question, he really didn't want any opinions. If everything on this board has to be hunky dory and no one can voice an opinion that might not be rosy then its time for me to leave. David Nickens and Terry Adams are smart guys, it just happens to be that this year has been absolutely the toughest year I have ever witnessed in Pro Stock. They do have one car that is capable of winning if they can keep the setup consistent and if the driver gets consistent. I don't think anyone can argue against that.

Thanks

i didnt know everyone has to love dsr! just because he posts on here doesnt mean everyone has to love dsr!!! why cant we have our opinions. personally i think nickens has to much to handle. i dont think right now they can win a p/s championship. i dont want to sound like a jerk but not all of us are dsr fans period!

Thanks Jeff!

The fact that DSR is so successful in the other three classes is what makes their poor performance in PS such a noteworthy topic.

I'm not on any friggin DSR bandwagon. Billy G. is a classic..tells it like it is..because he KNOWS how it is..I've always loved reading his posts..even way back at the FFW site.

All I'm saying is Shaun is getting beat up..doesn't really matter why. If he was qualifying but not winning..it'd be the same beating eh?

Personally, I agree from the standpoint that Nickens has way too much on his plate. I would like to see this program succeed..but I don't see how it can at this point.

To be fair, it's only been one week. Their problems are not going to be solved overnight, or maybe even before the end of the year.

i dont think right now they can win a p/s championship.

Win a ProStock championship? :eek: They can't even get one car qualified, or the other car past first round. The words PS Championship and DSR Pro Stock, don't quite fit together in a sentence.

Shoe indicates that he wants to capitize on Erica Enders marketability... maybe they should lease some motors from someone for awhile.;)

Win a ProStock championship? :eek: They can't even get one car qualified, or the other car past first round. The words PS Championship and DSR Pro Stock, don't quite fit together in a sentence.

Shoe indicates that he wants to capitize on Erica Enders marketability... maybe they should lease some motors from someone for awhile.;)

Now this is SCARY. You and I actually agreeing on some thing. The "INDEPENDENT" morpar teams are head and shoulders above dsr in qualifing and going rounds.:cool:

Boy, do you have short memories.

Sonoma Ritchie qualified 5th went red round one against Edwards

Seattle Qualified 8th went to the semi's lost to Yates 78 to a 78

Denver Qualified 9th lost second round to Line

This week he broke a trans on one run, and a rear end on another. He was lucky to stay in 16th. And Greg hammered him in the first round.

So having reviewed the last four races, maybe you're right. Let's have David Nickens shot, and one of you (with your vast experience in Pro Stock) can take over.

Alan

Alan,
second verse, same as the first.
These guys have no idea what it takes to make a pro stock team. It is not like a fuel team where you can just buy the right parts and go qualify and win with a good crew and a great crew chief. These guys do not know how long it would take to make a competitive pro stock engine.
If Don, (or anyone else that they do not like) cannot build Rome in one day, then it is time to throw the rocks.
They have never been there, nor will ever be.

Let's have David Nickens shot, and one of you (with your vast experience in Pro Stock) can take over.

Alan

Don't shoot David ... just wing him. That'll set him straight and give the know-it-alls something to cheer. ;)

If ANYONE thinks pro stock is not a tough row to hoe, just go read Greg Stanfield's latest blog over at Comp Plus. He clearly illustrates how far he has come in 10 years just to be in Pro Stock, and how far he has to go to be competitive in Pro Stock. If you guys think that just because Shaun is gone that DSR's Pro Stock operation is suddenly going to be at the sharp end of the field, you need to put the crack pipe down and back away. Besides, that does a huge disservice to the guys who qualify top half week in and week out. I know that Line, Anderson, Morgan, Connolly et al make it look easy, but I think we can all agree it certainly is not.

** DISCLAIMER - I am NOT advocating anyone be shot, shot at or shoot at someone. It is a joke. **

>>So having reviewed the last four races, maybe you're right. Let's have >>David Nickens shot, and one of you (with your vast experience in Pro >>Stock) can take over.

Hey Alan...

I know you, Frey and Bloom have quite a database. Can you tell us when was the last or how many PS car races that David won or what race winner he supplied a PS car engine?

Bob

Boy, do you have short memories.

Sonoma Ritchie qualified 5th went red round one against Edwards

Seattle Qualified 8th went to the semi's lost to Yates 78 to a 78

Denver Qualified 9th lost second round to Line

This week he broke a trans on one run, and a rear end on another. He was lucky to stay in 16th. And Greg hammered him in the first round.

So having reviewed the last four races, maybe you're right. Let's have David Nickens shot, and one of you (with your vast experience in Pro Stock) can take over.

Alan

They sure have had there share of rear end failures this year. I think when Bob was there they only had one if that, I know they lost a header collector but never and rear ends. Maybe Richie's car is on it's last leg, it is over a year old. No one is saying they can fix the [roblem or asking for Nickens to be fired, we are just talking about the issues they are having because of the lack of continuity.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back