$450,000.00 Pro Stock Car? (1 Viewer)

The price of a *competitve* Pro Stock car would have to include the R&D necessary to get it there, not just the box of parts. Any mechanic can put one together. The difference would be where you sat when qualifying was over.

One pro mod racer told me one of his newest carbon fiber/titanium show pieces which consisted of just a frame and body with a couple of spare panels was $180,000 out f a major chassis builder's shop. It can be done cheaper, but if you have the money you can spend it.

Not being a pro stock expert, I did over hear a conversation where engine leasing from some of the more powerful providers is in the $1M range for a season for one engine. And at that price there was a waiting list.

Ness Car $95K to $115K depending on options picked.
Paint $6-8000.
Tires and Rims $3600.
Racepak $14-18000 depending on options.
Ignition $1000 with bells and whistles.
Trick Titanium Can $4200.
Transmission $7500.
Clutch $3-5000 depending on what you want.
3rd Member $4900.
Motor $65K in parts alone, the rest is Unobtainium and Cantafordium.

Letting the hammer out on a PS Car Priceless!

I'd say Warren is in the Ball Park.

wasn't it last year someone said that the new shocks being used were $40,000 a set?.. or some thing like that ???

If you think this is a bad price to pay for a pro-stock. I was talking with some old friends at Indy to field a T/F or F/C today to start a new team you need to bring 2.5 - 3.5 MILLION to the table or don't bother to come. That's initial out lay and the first season after that bring more! To the tune 0f 500,000.00 - 2.5 Million depending upon how good you want to run.

OUCH!

:D

The question asked to W.J. was how much to build a pro stock car not how much to run a team for a year. Adding up Pat's numbers I come up with $230k which seems closer to me.

I wouldn't question Warren at all about this. He is a very good business man and knows what he has paid out over his racing career. It might seem high, but WJ would know.

I went to Brainerd where the other GDS Bauerly Team Cars took a Season Championship and a Class win. Dean Bauerly's RJ Cavalier went out in the semis going red running 7.29 in Pro-Outlaw. Making a few rounds this weekend clinched the Championship for Dean.

Mike Bauerly's RJ Corvette took the Outlaw Class running 7.26, not to bad for a 2600 lbs car with an Automatic. I got to play Crew Cheif for both cars this weekend. Had a lot of fun but not as much as running Indy.

PFH- Great job to you and the DFB team on taking down the championship! And you cant complain with Mike Bauerly taking down the OUTLAW class. :DI wish i could of been there but i was at INDY:D. Oh and WJ and KJ told be to tell you hi.
BFP

I would bet that WJ would know exactly what it costs. Prices have gotten out of control but that is what it takes to win. I am sure you can do it for a lot less but not on the level of WJ.

WJ was talking about a competitive P/S car. I tell you what,go offer WJ/Cagnazzi/KB $450K for one of their current cars and see if you just bought a car,don't think so.

450K sounded kinda lite to me.

I am sure that is in the ballpark and WJ has no reason to lie.

WJ is spot on. You get out of it what you put into it. Keep in mind that if WJ and KJ are on a salary, based on the hours they put in they lower their hourly rate of pay. The 450K represent what rolling down the track...or pretty close. There is a lot more behind the scenes but it really doesn't matter. What matters is what you are able to accomplish with your own 2 hands developing a team of people to achieve the desired goal...make money and provide a service which you get compensated while in continual growth mode.

For anyone doing their own Engine Development program it is endless hours of time and trial and error. WJ the owner of WJ Enterprises, I am sure with his ownership comes (as I well know) all the unlimited unpaid overtime he and Kurt can handle. He and KJ (and Arlene) have built it as a business, one from which they derived a living and pull a pay check with dividends at the end of the year. The employees get a paycheck and benefits just like our business. Accounts receivable and accounts payable. They have built an asset base in the equipment owned just like any other company. They love it as much as Bill Gates loves Microsoft.

My hat is off to them for the accomplishments in development and in growing a business around something they love. The American dream.

Some good advice I got a few years ago was if it says Pro on the Windshield you don't go back to work on Monday, you go back to work on the car. Something as a part-timer in PS I have had a hard time juggling. It is a challenge at best.

WJ and KJ are not alone in developing a great racing program but they stand out as one of the Teams that do it all under one roof and hands on.

My favorite quote from WJ: "God gave me a handicap, He only gave me 2 hands".

WJ is spot on. You get out of it what you put into it. Keep in mind that if WJ and KJ are on a salary, based on the hours they put in they lower their hourly rate of pay. The 450K represent what rolling down the track...or pretty close. There is a lot more behind the scenes but it really doesn't matter. What matters is what you are able to accomplish with your own 2 hands developing a team of people to achieve the desired goal...make money and provide a service which you get compensated while in continual growth mode.

For anyone doing their own Engine Development program it is endless hours of time and trial and error. WJ the owner of WJ Enterprises, I am sure with his ownership comes (as I well know) all the unlimited unpaid overtime he and Kurt can handle. He and KJ (and Arlene) have built it as a business, one from which they derived a living and pull a pay check with dividends at the end of the year. The employees get a paycheck and benefits just like our business. Accounts receivable and accounts payable. They have built an asset base in the equipment owned just like any other company. They love it as much as Bill Gates loves Microsoft.

My hat is off to them for the accomplishments in development and in growing a business around something they love. The American dream.

Some good advice I got a few years ago was if it says Pro on the Windshield you don't go back to work on Monday, you go back to work on the car. Something as a part-timer in PS I have had a hard time juggling. It is a challenge at best.

WJ and KJ are not alone in developing a great racing program but they stand out as one of the Teams that do it all under one roof and hands on.

My favorite quote from WJ: "God gave me a handicap, He only gave me 2 hands".

AHHH Pat,you're only saying that because it's true.:D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back