laydown or not??? (1 Viewer)

:eek: Suzie! There are kids on this site... ;)

and PJ, don't use this laying down stuff to help your anti-countdown battle... The chase had its throws too... This is nothing new, just new tactics on how and when to do it...

CJ Curtsinger

very true, however we only had to suffer with it at one point during the season. Now with 3 different cut offs, it increases the need for this. Also with intentionally bunching people together that also increases the amount of teams that could benefit from it as well as the extreme need for it to happen.

From Indy on now Ashley will not get a win over Robert or John, possibly a final round as it would be her first win but other then that it wont happen

Dave did you see the motor after it was torn apart.. They had an Anderson Canvas blocking any view.. however my "confidential" source said he saw that #3 piston rod had been cut with a hacksaw 1/2 way through.. & they were only running 1 qt of oil in it.. No wonder the motor gave up the ghost.. :D j/k

That Anderson canvas is getting around, The Vance and Hines crew was using it to hide something in there pit also!:D

Re: lay down or not???

Come on guys, let's take this to the limit.

Let's just suspect the owners and/or sponsors of the top 8 will be buying diving rights from all the other teams throughout the balance of the "Chase-Countdown" whatever it is. Let's not limit our speculation to team orders. When this thing is all over and done with, there will be discussions of absolute arch-rivals doing the triple Lindy for whomever they might lose to. We've heard it all before in a much more subdued team role. Now, anyone who smokes the tires, gets out of the groove, breaks parts, red-lights or sleeps at the tree against someone who is not loved by all, they will be suspect.

Going even farther, let's have qualifying hired guns not in the chase leave way early and take out the top end cones on every pass against their paid rivals giving them no chance at qualifying whatsoever? Don't discount the value of a devious mind.

Re: lay down or not???

Going even farther, let's have qualifying hired guns not in the chase leave way early and take out the top end cones on every pass against their paid rivals giving them no chance at qualifying whatsoever? Don't discount the value of a devious mind.

Bobby...Your a man after my own Heart !! You DO have a DEVIOUS MIND but a great thinking one !! Damn.. One Helluva Good Idea.. :D When I start my own FC team next year if your looking for a job... be sure to call me...

I happened to be in "the company" office building in Glendora the other day on an unrelated matter (or mater if you prefer). where I happened along a hallway where Mr. Big was holding court with the gang of 18 (17+1 = 19 need I say more) in a back office. Now I can't tell you exactly who I saw due to all the smoke, or what I heard but lets just say the seating chart for a certain banquette is fixed and set.

Basically this has all been decided based on certain financial considerations in favor of certain individuals with certain incentives to other individuals. So the reality is there is no reason to worry about the results of the upcoming races.

I happened to be in "the company" office building in Glendora the other day on an unrelated matter (or mater if you prefer). where I happened along a hallway where Mr. Big was holding court with the gang of 18 (17+1 = 19 need I say more) in a back office. Now I can't tell you exactly who I saw due to all the smoke, or what I heard but lets just say the seating chart for a certain banquette is fixed and set.

Basically this has all been decided based on certain financial considerations in favor of certain individuals with certain incentives to other individuals. So the reality is there is no reason to worry about the results of the upcoming races.

Well,who killed JFK then?:D

If you are going to lay down,why bother even running the car? It's a drag race,run all the cars all out and see who wins,none of this "help to get in the final 8" crap. If you can't get in by winning,then you don't deserve to be in!!

I agree. Race it out and let be what will be.....no matter what the reason.

If you are going to lay down,why bother even running the car? It's a drag race,run all the cars all out and see who wins,none of this "help to get in the final 8" crap. If you can't get in by winning,then you don't deserve to be in!!
Don't negate these less fortunate drivers/owners' opportunity to make a mockery of the chase or countdown as Tony Stewart did last year in NASCAR by not qualifying with the elite yet clobbering them all in the final races from a "who cares" position. Wouldn't it be interesting to see someone who doesn't make the chase run the table at the end while some of the "elite eight" don't qualify to race on Sunday to prove the fallacy of this system.

I guess my real beef is Pomona. They want it to all come down to that race yet I want the other races to matter equally so I hope a few of the final heroes fail to qualify at Pomona to spoil their desire for such a system when last year proved the old system could work perfectly.

I agree. Race it out and let be what will be.....no matter what the reason.

OK Nick .. Let me ask you a question, I'm assuming you will give an "Honest" answer....

Take the following scenario.. Lets Say Nick Sidoti is the owner of a two car PS team... Your # 1 car is already qualified and IN the top 8.. your #2 car in in 9th place... and its the last race (Reading Pa. so if # 2 cant get in today he is OUT for the season...now to get in your #2 car HAS to win at least 3 rounds.... He has won round 1 & 2 .. its now Round # 3 and if he don't win he will be an "Also Ran" for the rest of the season!!

However in round #3 he has to race your #1 car which already has a spot locked up....

DO YOU

1. Let them run and most likely the # 1 will beat your 2nd car because its got your best motor, and you 2nd car is out for the season losing both $$ and TV exposure the rest of the year, and maybe sponsorship $$$

OR

2. Do you (ahemm) misjudge the setup on car #1 & he spins the tires and loses, thus the #2 car wins and makes the TOP 8 meaning MORE $$, More TV Exposure, and in general maybe another year of sponsorship because of a TOP 8 finish...

Now I'm NOT promoting cheating... but maybe its a "Business Decision" to have the #1 lose to the #9 car

Last edited:
Don't negate these less fortunate drivers/owners' opportunity to make a mockery of the chase or countdown as Tony Stewart did last year in NASCAR by not qualifying with the elite yet clobbering them all in the final races from a "who cares" position. Wouldn't it be interesting to see someone who doesn't make the chase run the table at the end while some of the "elite eight" don't qualify to race on Sunday to prove the fallacy of this system.

I guess my real beef is Pomona. They want it to all come down to that race yet I want the other races to matter equally so I hope a few of the final heroes fail to qualify at Pomona to spoil their desire for such a system when last year proved the old system could work perfectly.
Bobby, help me out here--I thought I read somewhere that after the decapitation to 8 (thanks, PJ!) that there was to be some type of seeding process to assure those teams a qualifying spot, or was that at the cut to four, or am I just completely dreaming this up? Any info will be helpful even if it does prove me totally mentally deficient...

Maybe they have the "Compton" rule in place or something like that, to assure no outsider can upset his golden ones?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back