Journey, Toto & Styx (1 Viewer)

The drummer Journey has now is probably the best one they ever had.

Oh and BTW the singer they just replaced is Steve Augeri, not Perry. The new guy is Jeff Scott Soto.

Last edited:
No offense to Dean but to put him in the same league chops-wise with Steve Smith really isn't right. Steve is regarded as one of the best in the world and covers every conceivable style with absolute ease. Ainsley was no slouch either... anybody that sat in the drum chair with any iteration of Zappa's bands had to be beyond amazing.

Official Web Site for Aynsley Dunbar - Introduction

www.myspace.com/stevesmith

Steve Smith : Home Page

Oh and BTW the singer they just replaced is Steve Augeri, not Perry. The new guy is Jeff Scott Soto.
Don't let Rich's post confuse ya Sam...he was on it. The replacement for the replacement..hehe.

Oh and Deen is good..but I'd put Smitty as the best that Journey has had.

Deen actually credits Steve for his influence..but it's all a matter of perspective now isn't it? Tom knows wassup...

I remember hearing my best friend at the time tell me he saw Dean down at the music store in downtown Salem having his stepmom buy all these drums, cymbols and gongs, etc. I'd say now it was a pretty good investment.

Off topic but I have heard that the Police might be getting back together to do a tour. Have to wait and see :D

Yup that is a rumor that has teeth I sure hope they do it's been to long! :eek:

Here is another rumor with teeth Van Halen will tour in 07' with a 40 date tour and David Lee Roth is the frontman and Eddy's kid Wolfgang ,(Wolfie),will be playing bass! :eek:
Michael Anthony is no longer in the band he is touring with Sammy Hagar there are rumblings that Sammy,Michael and Chad Smith the drummer from thr Red Hot Chilli Peppers are going to make an Album after the Chilli Peppers fnish up their Arcadium Tour.
Should be a interesting 07'
And of coarse Megadeth will be coming out with a new album in May it's called "United Abominations" there is some heavy stuff on it.
A couple of song titles are "Gears of War" and "Washingtons Next". :D

Last edited:
No problemo guy's and for the metal fans up in Canada there is the Heaven and Hell Tour apparently Ronnie James Dio is getting back together with the original Black Sabbath line-up, from their Dio years, and Megadeth will be second on that bill with Down which is the Band that Anselmo the former singer of Pantara with the original bassist formed, they will have 11 shows in Canada and 1 in New York at Radio City Hall should be quite cool! :D
Megadeth will be playing a lot of the new stuff off the future Album.

I think Journey is cheating the fans with the imposter who happens to sound exactly like Steven Perry! That's just my opinion... Doc you are right Toto had some awesome musicianship in that band another one is Yes.
Check out Dream Theater if you guy's like Drummers Michael Portnoy is bad ass! ;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back