New Journey Rocks (1 Viewer)

Just one thing, Steve Perry had surgery to remove some sort of throat pollops (sp?) a few years ago, I don't think his vocal chords would survive a full concert set.

Have you listened to it, Dirks?

I have a review on my site Capitol Racing

No, I haven't listened to it Bailey. I will check-out a couple of tracks for the heck of it.

As I stated earlier, I think that they became too commercial/almost "bubble-gum" rock for my taste. Of course they've made tons more money this way than other bands.

And, FWIW, there were 3 Journey albums released before Perry appeared on 78's "Infinity" album.

IMHO
Wayne
:):):)

from what I heard, they found this singer on youtube!

I don't see anything wrong with getting a singer that sounds like Steve, and from what I heard, he does!

I mean after all, you want those old songs to sound like they are supposed to sound right?
I think the new singer is incredible

from what I heard, they found this singer on youtube!

I don't see anything wrong with getting a singer that sounds like Steve, and from what I heard, he does!

I mean after all, you want those old songs to sound like they are supposed to sound right?
I think the new singer is incredible

If Steve was dead I agree but he is still alive and kicking!

So what if the band wants to continue? What's it to you? If you don't like it don't buy it! Some of us Journey fans are glad they are back together with new material rather than resting on what they have already done.

So what if the band wants to continue? What's it to you? If you don't like it don't buy it! Some of us Journey fans are glad they are back together with new material rather than resting on what they have already done.

Steve is still getting his royalty checks since he wrote most of the stuff that you like so much!
Steve still writes for other artist and himself. I guarantee you its better than the stuff they just came out which I listened to!
When he had his solo career the Journey members tried and fell on their face.
Steve was pretty successful that really tick off Neil.
Don't worry I don't buy their imitation stuff I like the real McCoy but that is me if you like them then enjoy I didn't mean to piss in your punch! :p

Bob, you sound like the people who refuse to go to Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts because Ronnie Van Zant is no longer the lead singer.

I personally don't care if a band has the original lead singer or not, as long as the new guy sound similar I that's good enough for me.

Bob, you sound like the people who refuse to go to Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts because Ronnie Van Zant is no longer the lead singer.

I personally don't care if a band has the original lead singer or not, as long as the new guy sound similar I that's good enough for me.

Not a big fan of southern rock sorry. I'm also not into overplayed anthems! ;)
One mans posion is another mans pleasure if you like them then more power to you. I just think when you call it a reunion then it should be just that with the original people unless of coarse one of those individuals are deceased which is the case with Skynrd its not however the case with Journey.
Some people like imitation stuff some like the real deal that's what it boils down too. I could live with it I'm sure you could too! :p

Last edited:
I saw Skynyrd and ZZTOP on a double bill about 8 years ago.

Skynyrd seemed like a cover band.

ZZTOP was freaking ZZTOP.

If you can find a singer who sounds close, then I guess it's ok if you are a big fan. I 'm thinking about catching a Boston show this summer even though Brad Delp is gone. The fact is, Brad hadn't sounded like 1976 Brad since, well, about 1979....

But I 've heard some of the new singers , and they sound good. I 'll go because I like the songs, the other musicians are great, and Tom Scholz has a guitar sound you have to hear for yourself.

What's the issue with what Sam said Vaughn?

My issue isn't with what Sam said, it's with these bands referring to themselves as something they're not. That ain't Lynyrd Skynyrd. There's what, maybe one guy left from the original band?

And, all the respect I had for Neil Schon, just went out the window with this re-recording of songs that didn't need to be re-recorded.

If they wanted to find some dumbass clone to get up there and sound like Steve Perry for the live shows, that is one thing. But to re-record the songs? What a joke.

Of course, they already had one clone, and they found a way to run him off. I would bet money that Augeri refused to re-record those old songs like that, and that is why they dumped him. I know he had vocal problems, but I bet that was just the excuse they needed.

It's kind of funny. When I bought this new album, I didn't know they had re-recorded the old songs, or I wouldn't have bought it. I did buy it however, and I think it's not a bad album. Not even remotely close to "Infinity" or "Evolution", but not bad. I think I would enjoy it much more had they not done the old songs over. Just a bogus move. If I were going to use a Journey song for a commercial purpose, I'd tell Schon I want the original, or to stick it up his ass.

Well then maybe when someone like Prudhomme or Bernstien step out of the car we should say that instead of getting a new driver the Bud car or the Skoal car should just be parked since the original legendary driver isn't going to drive it. It's sort of the same thing here.

Well then maybe when someone like Prudhomme or Bernstien step out of the car we should say that instead of getting a new driver the Bud car or the Skoal car should just be parked since the original legendary driver isn't going to drive it. It's sort of the same thing here.

Exactly. As long as the new guy sounds good that's all I care about.

Not even close and that comparison in moronic!
A driver and an artist are two totally different entities ANYBODY could drive a nitro car not everyone can create something out of nothing!

Apples and oranges comparison there, sorry.

Lets just face facts - we don't agree what Journey did and that's ok with me. You like it, I don't. period.

they kicked their tour off last night at Fiddler's Green (with Heart)...didn't go to their concert, but listened during lunch to them rehearse (my office is across the street) - awesome group as always.

well, well, well, here I've been defending Journey all this time and it turns out that a new guy on my crew is a first cousin to Deen Castronova the drummer. Actually I have known Deen's brother real well for years but I thought it was kind of funny to have learned that the other night. So let the bias continue!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back