New Journey Rocks (2 Viewers)

rocketman

Nitro Member
I got the new Journey CD and it contains one cd of new material which is just as good as their old stuff, a rerecorded best of from the new singer and a concert dvd all for only 11.99.

This is by far the best new release from an older banned that I have heard in years. It went to no. 5 on Billboard but thats not saying much considering the state of the record industry.:cool:

You're missing out, the new guy sounds just like Perry. The new tracks are as good as their old stuff.

BTW Perry left because he had throat issues and couldn't perform.

You're missing out, the new guy sounds just like Perry. The new tracks are as good as their old stuff.

BTW Perry left because he had throat issues and couldn't perform.

I thought Perry left because of hip or back problems or something like that????

I saw Journey when they were a back-up band in '75 Winterland, San Francisco.

Head-liner....Iron Butterfly...LOL

Greg Rollie, Santana and Journey singer and keyboard player was in our car club back in the sixties and seventies. He had a black 55 shoebox. I used to whip his ass in my 65 malibu ss with a 365 HP 327 in it. Those were the days.:D

hip replacement...hurt feelings...lots of drama...

I'm not missing anything. I don't want to listen to a guy that sounds "just like" Steve Perry...I want the real thing!!:D

Journeys best stuff came off of their 1st 3 albums before Perry even joined the band. :)

The next 3 albums w/Perry are great but after that...:barf:

Corporate Rock!!!:eek:

IMHO!

Last edited:
Journeys best stuff came off of their 1st 3 albums before Perry even joined the band. :)

The next 3 albums w/Perry are great but after that...:barf:

Corporate Rock!!!:eek:

IMHO!

Exactly.

This new album is pretty good, BUT....

1. This new singer gets ZERO writing credit on ANY of the songs. He is plain and simple, a hired gun.

2. They re-recorded the old songs so they could sell them commercially without Steve Perry's permission. What a joke, and a slap in the face to Steve Perry. Now, I understand their frustration with Perry being a dick about selling the songs, but come on.

3. They should have just reunited with Perry, and given us a real Journey album.

Exactly.

This new album is pretty good, BUT....

1. This new singer gets ZERO writing credit on ANY of the songs. He is plain and simple, a hired gun.

2. They re-recorded the old songs so they could sell them commercially without Steve Perry's permission. What a joke, and a slap in the face to Steve Perry. Now, I understand their frustration with Perry being a dick about selling the songs, but come on.

3. They should have just reunited with Perry, and given us a real Journey album.

Exactly! That's why I won't bother spending the $$ to see them or listen to the "new" stuff.

Yes the new material was written by Neal and Jonathan before a new singer was found. They wanted to continue on as a band is that OK? The new stuff is great, Steve left the band on his own, so what. Did you know Journey had two records out before Steve ever joined the band? If they wanted to re-record their material and add it to the package, why not? It's a great idea. Better than that new Eagles CD.

I wouldn't have a problem with Journey putting out new stuff at all IF they didn't select a singer who is totally imitating Perry. Sorry, but that's just creepy :D
Go, do your thing, but create a new sound....be creative! Is that too much to ask??

p.s. Yes, I listened to Journey pre-Perry but was definitely hooked after he came along.

just my opinion :)

When they decided to reunite Steve needed hip replacement surgery he said he would love to do it if the band would wait for him to recover.
Neil who never really got along with Steve refused to wait went out and got a guy who sounds exactly like Steve!
Kind of chicken poop if you ask me the fans deserve the real deal if you ask me.
Neil always resented Steve, who can be difficult at times, for taking the band down the ballad trail but they made a ton of money during that period and got a lot of radio play.

Actually they did wait....and they went through two other singers before they got Arnel. It's only been about 15 years or so. :rolleyes:

Did you know Journey had two records out before Steve ever joined the band?

I am 45 years old dude. Of course I know about Journey's albums before Steve Perry. I love them.

If they wanted to re-record their material and add it to the package, why not? It's a great idea.

Why is it such a great idea? What is wrong with the original versions? NOTHING! And the proof that there is nothing wrong with the originals is in the fact that they did them exactly the same, with this guy. They are EXACT. Right down to the long drawn out "scream" in "Wheel In The Sky". This was a p*ssy move on the part of Schon and Cain. Purely done out of spite, and for commercial purposes.

They will use this guy and then throw him away, just like they did Steve Augeri.

Steve Augeri is a close 2nd to the new guy. Jeff Scott Soto was crap, heard a couple of his live versions on Youtube and I was like, "eww!"

When they decided to reunite Steve needed hip replacement surgery he said he would love to do it if the band would wait for him to recover.
Neil who never really got along with Steve refused to wait went out and got a guy who sounds exactly like Steve!
Kind of chicken poop if you ask me the fans deserve the real deal if you ask me.
Neil always resented Steve, who can be difficult at times, for taking the band down the ballad trail but they made a ton of money during that period and got a lot of radio play.

Well the "ballad trail" resulted in some of their best songs, funny that Neal resents that.

Well the "ballad trail" resulted in some of their best songs, funny that Neal resents that.

I agree they had an awesome run, But Neil wanted to keep the roots in more of the classic rock genre.
They made a ton of money during that period. I think it sucked what they did to Steve and as a fan I couldn't care less if they like each other the fans deserve the real McCoy if you know what I mean.
Neil got his start with Santana when he was a teenager.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back