Great Story on "The Greek" (1 Viewer)

Kat

Nitro Member
The March issue of Hot Rod magazine has a great story on 81 year old Chris Karamesines. It's too bad that ESPN doesn't take the time to interview him on TV.

Ken

I got a chance to read the article this afternoon, very good read!!!

As far as The Greek and the like getting more TV time, I wouldn't count on it. It appears to me that the current crop of movie stars, sorry -I'm mean young drivers, are all that the NHRA seems to be interested in promoting. The veterans of the sport apparently don't matter anymore. Look at the Fall Vegas race, I don't think Larry Morgan got an interview until he won the event. Nothing against Gary or Reiffer, I'd bet they're told who to talk to. I'm guessing that NHRA is more comfortable broadcasting the comments of the same old group because they know what they're gonna say on camera. Never know what the old dogs might blurt out. Can't fix stupid?

Dave

Sometime last year I swear I read somewhere that if drivers wanted more coverage it's a "pay for play" deal.

I don't think so. The director makes the decisions who gets featured. A year or so back, when they "miked" up my son, it was the director who wanted it to happen.

Perhaps is everyone sent a note to ESPN asking them to do a feature on the Greek, that would do the trick?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back