ESPN... it's not the JFHRA (1 Viewer)

stanman

Nitro Member
I love John Force and his family. They are great people and have been tremendous for the sport. John does more for more people behind the scenes than most of you could ever imagine.

But come on ESPN... it's the National Hot Rod Association, not the John Force Hot Rod Association! There were 14 other qualifiers in Funny Car, and 16 apiece in Top Fuel and Pro Stock. It's the first race of the seaon and half the show was about John and Ashley!?!?

God forbid that ESPN would actually show the cars on the track or interview other drivers in the pits as the season begins! Jeff Arend replaces Phil Burkhart in the blue CSK car and there isn't even any mention of it.

I love John Force and his family. They are great people and have been tremendous for the sport. John does more for more people behind the scenes than most of you could ever imagine.

But come on ESPN... it's the National Hot Rod Association, not the John Force Hot Rod Association! There were 14 other qualifiers in Funny Car, and 16 apiece in Top Fuel and Pro Stock. It's the first race of the seaon and half the show was about John and Ashley!?!?

God forbid that ESPN would actually show the cars on the track or interview other drivers in the pits as the season begins! Jeff Arend replaces Phil Burkhart in the blue CSK car and there isn't even any mention of it.
Give it a couple of weeks and the newness will have worn off.:rolleyes: I think that she's damn lucky to even get down the track what with the old guy in her ear every 30 seconds with what can go wrong.:confused:

Last edited:
Maybe some drivers should've gotten out of their cars at the top end and started rolling around on the ground, choking one another.

Maybe some drivers should've gotten out of their cars at the top end and started rolling around on the ground, choking one another.
Hi, Tony! Let me congratulate you on yet another hilarious quote! Just love your additions to the 'mater! What the heck were you doing out at Pomona just catching some rays???Shouldn't you be back at the shop getting everything ready to go for Zizzo racing?? By the way, how are things going on that front? Getting ready to kick IHRA butt? Hope so

Ashley is getting buzz outside the racing world, so they need to push her out front. It is part of marketing and bringing in new fans and sponsors. Is it overkill, yes, but it will die down as they season goes on. It always does, remember Erica and brandon's first seasons??

Unfortunately (luckily) for me, I didn't get home from church becuase of a meeting we had after until 9:30, so I had to catch up on the DVR.
Therefore, I was a little happy with the skip forward button.

I did notice a plethora of green, white, and red flashes though, and it wasn't on the mexican channel. :D

I kept thinking - just show me some racing!

Did'nt see the eliminations show (got home too late from the track), but the qualifying show was a BIG dissapointment. Don't remember seeing Dixon at all with new colors. Alot of others (Strasburg, Hartley etc....) at least could have been mentioned after their brilliant performances. How long would it take to re-cap a whole session (2 minutes). One less JF scooter shot, that mission could have been accomplished, and those who were'nt there could have gotton an idea how great of a last session it was. Also, Paul Page's lack of knowledge really brings down the potential level of excitment.

I missed some of the show but Ashley going Funny Car racing is one of the biggest things that is going on right now in NHRA drag racing. They have to put that out front while it is hot. I am sure that her being in Funny Car has increased the interest in NHRA racing since she is the star of a major A&E series. Think about the turnaround Indy car racing has had since Danica is out there.

i felt like peuking when they brought out the baby pictures. and when john was crying during the interviews, come on :mad: i think is good that ashley is in a fc but lets not ruin it. soo nobody will care how she is doing because it is shoved in our faces during the whole show.

Well it's working. I had a coworker come in this morning and mentioned "I saw on TV this weekend that the daughter of some famous racer is now racing" :D

Hi, Tony! Let me congratulate you on yet another hilarious quote! Just love your additions to the 'mater! What the heck were you doing out at Pomona just catching some rays???Shouldn't you be back at the shop getting everything ready to go for Zizzo racing?? By the way, how are things going on that front? Getting ready to kick IHRA butt? Hope so
I started going to Pomona five years ago and it's a nice getaway from the Chicago cold and snow. I do a lot of snooping around and asking questions while I'm there too.

It's also cool to see the west coast alky cars and fellow 'maters from the west coast.

Ashley is getting buzz outside the racing world, so they need to push her out front. It is part of marketing and bringing in new fans and sponsors. Is it overkill, yes, but it will die down as they season goes on. It always does, remember Erica and brandon's first seasons??

I Challenge anyone to prove either of those two got this much Ink?

Last edited:
I started going to Pomona five years ago and it's a nice getaway from the Chicago cold and snow. I do a lot of snooping around and asking questions while I'm there too.

It's also cool to see the west coast alky cars and fellow 'maters from the west coast.

Hope you had a great time--you deserve it! By the way, loved your comments on "Huggy Bear's" 4.40s on the "poorly prepared track" on another thread. You are the man! Hope I get a chance to meet you in person some time. Are you planning on making any NHRA events in Div 5? Bandimere, Topeka, Brainerd? If so, let me know and I'd love to stop by and say hi when you have the time.

Last edited:
I have been a Force fan for over 20 years, but that was sick. Way too much Force coverage. How about some props to Strasburgs, Toliver's new deal, or any other racing that was taking place on the track. It was two hours of a Force reality show, thank goodness that they both lost in the first round so that they could focus the final hour on the race.

I have been a Force fan for over 20 years, but that was sick. Way too much Force coverage. How about some props to Strasburgs, Toliver's new deal, or any other racing that was taking place on the track. It was two hours of a Force reality show, thank goodness that they both lost in the first round so that they could focus the final hour on the race.

Amen, brother!

I Challenge anyone to prove either of those two got this much Ink?

You're right they didn't get as much pub as Ashley, however the complaints on here as to how much air time they were receiving are very similar to what I'm reading now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back