Finals on ESPN3 online (1 Viewer)

It didn't look like he hit the sand at that high of a speed. Then again the way the front folded I could be wrong. Hope he's alright

It was the Mark Niver car. Front end was folded up, and fuel was pouring out of the tank. Last I saw, before the video stopped, they were preparing to use jaws on the car.
When you get the chance ... look again. The chassis appears to have folded over and into the cockpit. First people there couldn't get to the driver had to pull the chassis away first. Then the jaws came out. Scaaaaary stuff.

It didn't look like he hit the sand at that high of a speed. Then again the way the front folded I could be wrong. Hope he's alright

Ken, I agree. For those who didn't see it, the front tires of the car were folded like an accordion over the cockpit area. It was nasty. But as Ken said, it didn't appear as though he was going that fast.

Hoping everything is ok.

I just turned it on to see the car in the sand. I hope Mark is ok. Are they showing any of the other Sportsman classes?

When you get the chance ... look again. The chassis appears to have folded over and into the cockpit. First people there couldn't get to the driver had to pull the chassis away first. Then the jaws came out. Scaaaaary stuff.

Yeah, I saw that the front of the car was folded upwards and backwards, but I didn't think it made it quite all the way back into the cockpit. I DEFINITELY saw fuel pouring out of the tank as the safery safari people pulled the bent up nose to the side as it drained out. They had the jaws out, and were getting ready to use them when the video went out. Any word from the audiocast on Mark's condition???

Yeah, I saw that the front of the car was folded upwards and backwards, but I didn't think it made it quite all the way back into the cockpit. I DEFINITELY saw fuel pouring out of the tank as the safery safari people pulled the bent up nose to the side as it drained out. They had the jaws out, and were getting ready to use them when the video went out. Any word from the audiocast on Mark's condition???

No word. Silence right now, no music. Reinhart just said that as soon as he hears something, he'll let everyone know. Drivers have been told to get out of cars because it'll be a bit.

That's when I thought this could be bad, I didn't realize it folded all the way back to the driver's area. Then the ESPN cameras zoomed in as they were getting ready to use the JAWS and the screen went to the generic Northwest Nats. Thoughts and prayers are with Mark.

No word. Silence right now, no music. Reinhart just said that as soon as he hears something, he'll let everyone know. Drivers have been told to get out of cars because it'll be a bit.

They're not letting anything through on the audiocast, but I could hear Alan on the ESPN. Just new heard that they have Mark out of the car, and are preparing to transport him to the local hospital. That's all they have right now Alan says. He sounded pretty subdued.

Hope this turns out OK.

They have him out of the car, and are "working on him and transporting him to a local hospital" according to audiocast. That's all the information they have at this time. All we can do now is hope and pray for the best.

They're not letting anything through on the audiocast, but I could hear Alan on the ESPN. Just new heard that they have Mark out of the car, and are preparing to transport him to the local hospital. That's all they have right now Alan says. He sounded pretty subdued.

Hope this turns out OK.

Hopefully Mark can survive, this would be a devastating blow if he doesn't, because after Neal Parker's death, Alcohol racing has been in the queue to be the next category to drop its length of racing from 1320 down to a shorter length (either 1000 or 1/8 mile, I say only Nitro goes 1000 for the 300 mph speeds, everbody else should go 1/8 mile if it calls for it).

Hopefully Mark can survive, this would be a devastating blow if he doesn't, because after Neal Parker's death, Alcohol racing has been in the queue to be the next category to drop its length of racing from 1320 down to a shorter length (either 1000 or 1/8 mile, I say only Nitro goes 1000 for the 300 mph speeds, everbody else should go 1/8 mile if it calls for it).

I think that's a discussion for another day. Right now, I'm just concerned about the driver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back