Finals on ESPN3 online (1 Viewer)

Even though there are postings about what happened to Mark. There Still hasn't been an Official Announcement. They are just rumor until we hear an Official Announcement.

Thanks,
Shannon

What do you call "Official"?

Many News Agencies not "worthy"?

Maybe a Note from the Pope and some smoke out the chimney will suffice.

I believe news agencies once reported that Paul McArthy was dead.

Once again, my thoughts and prayers to the Mark Nivers family, and all of his many friends. My thoughts and prayers are with you.:(:(

The point is we wait for official word AND to give time for family to be notified. It's a fine line between trying to keep everyone informed quickly and trying to maintain the integrety of the information and respect.

You guys don't get it. funny, watching on ESPN3 live ... when the cars started back up again there was a thunderous applause by the fans. They were glad to be racing again. Are NHRA's priorities askew for starting back up? Are the cheering fans priorities out of skew? Should they have all gone home with sad hearts? or, do you want them to sit quietly on thier hands after what happened.

THE SHOW MUST (AND DID) GO ON !! Sad day all around.

My point was simply this ... why drag out the day any longer than necessary.

You guys read too much into things.

I kinda have to state this and I hate to reiterate prior mentioning if i did, but when Neal died, I wanted to get out of there at THAT Moment I was so emotionally spent (obviously you know the circumstances, I've never been so emotionally spent in 18 years going to RP, and honestly Scott's death was hard, but it was the last thing I saw before I left the event to take care of other business, this happened the first day I'm there), but I couldn't, not because of the "you will miss what could happen (Ie Cory Mac 3.752)" but because I booked a room for 2 nights and I'm not going to waste them, I didn't even want to come out on Sat and was in my car waiting to leave for my hotel room when Pro Mod qualifying happened, and I certainly didn't go Sunday (never mind the "Bob Frey calling me to the tower" bit).

Some people can muster through it and some just can to an extent.

Outside of seeing the fatal accident and the Safety Safari working on the car :(, I really liked the ESPN3 airing of the race live. Hopefully ESPN will continue to do this in the future, good job ESPN! Now I don't have to stay up late tonight to watch.

Outside of seeing the fatal accident and the Safety Safari working on the car :(, I really liked the ESPN3 airing of the race live. Hopefully ESPN will continue to do this in the future, good job ESPN! Now I don't have to stay up late tonight to watch.

Same here.

Plus, it's been kind of neat to see some of the "behind the scenes shots we've been getting.

Plus it's for us hardcores who can't stand the filler and shenanigans when it goes to TV and just want the racing

i have my doubts if this becomes the norm. I think they gave us this internet broadcast because the race isnt scheduled to be aired on tv untill 11:30pm est

The point is we wait for official word AND to give time for family to be notified. It's a fine line between trying to keep everyone informed quickly and trying to maintain the integrety of the information and respect.

It's not my fault that the news agencies reported on it hours ago. All I did was post a few links to said reports. One of which went "poof". I did not delete it.

I think a bit less snark and sarcasm might be in order here. I mean, what did that accomplish???

People were talking here and asking. I had the answer and told what I "know". What I "knew" was backed up by links to this sad news. One of which, as I stated above, went "poof" from here.

Censorship of a new report link? Not like I "stole" an article and claimed it as my own or anything.

I am just as upset as others that another racer just gave his life. I can see if I was being as ass about it, but I was not in any way.

Maybe my "snark and sarcasm" was a bit much, but so were some of the replies I got, and the removal of a news link.

This is all so petty as a man just died. Anyone has a problem, post it in another thread.

Again, R.I.P. Mark and prayers to his family and friends

Unfortunately, in the age of smartphones, Twitter and texting, waiting for the official word is becoming increasingly difficult to do.

Jim

Seemed like they were closing the mics more as the day went on and that's to bad. I like the fact the fans can get a different perspective of what goes on.

A lot of it seemed to do with which camera they were using. Usually, when they had a boom or wall mount camera on, no sound, but when they were using a handheld, or a couple of others, the sound was on. It was also neat to see the feeds from the bottom end cameras.

I hope they do this again. If I gotta waste a Sunday on the internet, it might was well be doing something like this. At least the weather wasn't that great up here today, and I sorta had an excuse.....:eek:

first I want to say..
RIP
to the driver Mark Niver .

about the espn3 coverage I thought it was great!!
got to see a lot more than what they show on tv,and it almost felt like you where there.
only no tire smoke smells,and the missing nitro smell.
but no line to the bathroom,and food & drinks are free here.

Wow, you're an ass. I don't care if I get booted from the site for saying so, but you are one sorry sonnufagun.
Jenn ... really?? You are reacting with pure emotion and I understand that. Its in your nature right? Everybody sees things differently. I am as saddend as anyone else with 2 fatalities in 2 months, but ............ the world has not stopped moving and life keeps on. I felt it better to keep the event moving along when appropriate to do so and avoid any more down time for the sake of all the emotion everyone in Seattle had already invested.

We all see things a bit differently ... unfortunatley you don't care for opinions or statements that aren't in line with yours.

God Bless Mr. Niver

Jenn ... really?? You are reacting with pure emotion and I understand that. Its in your nature right? Everybody sees things differently. I am as saddend as anyone else with 2 fatalities in 2 months, but ............ the world has not stopped moving and life keeps on. I felt it better to keep the event moving along when appropriate to do so and avoid any more down time for the sake of all the emotion everyone in Seattle had already invested.

We all see things a bit differently ... unfortunatley you don't care for opinions or statements that aren't in line with yours.

God Bless Mr. Niver

Perhaps you are right. Having been on the starting line watching my team cars race, and watching the other guy crash, in two different incidents. One of which resulted in a fatality. I sat there, numb waiting for answers in both cases. Then went to a funeral.

I've waited the car behind crashes, as they took care of the DRIVERS first, the car first, and then concentrated on the track. Because the chatter on the radios during an emergency is going, non-essential people wait to give the emergency priority. I am sure Joe Blow in the stands doesn't get that. I've been there, standing next to the official under the tower and listening to what's going on on the radios, and knowing that they are using every available resource on the emergency, and not scraping the track. As a RACER, who has time and money invested in sitting in the lanes during and after a clean up, who's tune up should probably be reset during the wait because the weather changes, I care (emotionally) more about the drivers, crew, and their families.

You poor poor babies in the stands! Having to sit in the hot sun, buying over priced drinks while the safety safari considers the emergency the priority and not the track prep so you have to sit up there an hour or so more while the RACER'S family's life just got torn apart.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back