Expanding F/C team (2 Viewers)

Best news is Mr. Knoll said the plans include 2008!!! So we'll see Skuza next year too!!!

Good to have one of the good guys back!

Today was supposed to be the announcement, but read this link. I wonder if the announcement will still occur this weekend. Things that make you go hmm...

::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 6/21/2007

Hmmm....interesting info...but I couldn't see Mike relinquishing his seat totally...I still hope there's a second car added and both Mike and Dean are racing. Also it's pretty cool Dean has more TV in the works...would be cool to see him there too however I would really like to see him back at the track. Just my $0.02

T :D

At this point and time it looks like its going to be Dean we will find out 100% next weekend during a press realease. We will be loading up with a TON of parts and new cars and have the two car team ready for INDY and 2008. Thanks Evan.

Unless something has changed!

Notice the "At this point and time" part of Evan's reply to me that means it's not etched in stone so there might be some truth to the DRO article.

Chris,
Do you know any details regarding the departure of Skuza's major sponsors?

I currently sponsor four cars now but they're my own and that doesn't directly apply to your question so I'll answer you this way.

If I sponsored a car in the pro ranks, I'd be much more concerned with the personality I associated my company's image with than simply their performance record. I can also guarantee that I wouldn't be willing to pull the plug on "My Guy" just because a bigger/better offer from another competitor was on the table. I know some would but that's not me!

You may not be able to comprehend how I do business and I respect that, but far ahead of the financial bottom line that comes into play in my business, comes my integrity, my reputation and service above income (you know, everything I CAN take with me.) I don't/won't harlot myself out for better deals as I believe Mopar and Matco did. I think Dean has a letter he could show you that could shed more light on this subject. Gilbertson's own "Trick Tank" company received one of the "better deal" letters as well and who knows how many other's sponsors have been approached in the same fashion. You may call that "Business is business" but that's not business the way I do business.

Despite Dean and his Dad's on track record, they proved themselves quite worthy of the sponsorships they landed in my eyes, yet those sponsors chose to jump ship and I'll acknowledge such a move in my own way. I'm sure you are seeing it your "Business is Business" way as well. We'll choose to disagree on this one I suppose.
It's OK, there are other threads coming where we'll surely see eye to eye.

You are right on the money Bobby.... it's called INTEGRITY... some have it... some don't...

At this point and time it looks like its going to be Dean we will find out 100% next weekend during a press realease. We will be loading up with a TON of parts and new cars and have the two car team ready for INDY and 2008. Thanks Evan.

YES!!! Thank you Mr. Knoll! :D

This was quite possibly some of the best news that I got this week! It will be great to see Dean back - very special thanks to Evan Knoll and Mike Ashley for making it happen.

Did I miss the announcement this weekend???

And, yes, it would be great to see Kenji back, too!!! :D

:::::Happy, happy dance::::::::::

Linda

This was quite possibly some of the best news that I got this week! It will be great to see Dean back - very special thanks to Evan Knoll and Mike Ashley for making it happen.

Did I miss the announcement this weekend???

And, yes, it would be great to see Kenji back, too!!! :D

:::::Happy, happy dance::::::::::

Linda

Did we all miss the announcement? - Evan . . . anyone?

Evan
Can you tell us what the plans are, and where this deal goes from here...
Thanks- Ray

I believe they mentioned on the audiocast that it has been put on hold for right now. If they didnt say it there then I read it somewhere but I dont remember.

I wanted to to drop by and update everyone. We we're anxious to bring on our second team at Indy to accumulate Skoal Showdown points for next year. However, after checking with parts manufacturers and carefully planning our time it would be very tough to ensure that we could put out a team at a quality parts and performance level with the 6 race swing. Also, as you can see this deal is very competitive and we don't want to dilute our focus and miss the mark on the countdown and ruin our chances to contend after Indy. Therefore, we ordered all the parts and pieces to run a second team and will be properly prepared to do so in 2008. Dean was involved in the decision and agreed that we need the right timeframe to assemble a team and equipment to "do it right". As competitve as it is things must be done right from the start or you'll be going home on Saturday night something that can happen all to easily with the level of competition this year.

For the record. Putting on another team is much more then just putting out a car. You want to provide a stable, professional and enjoyable work and team enviornment for the team so they can thrive and succeed. We have been inundated with Crew members looking to join on our team because we strive to provide a "low turnover" consistent program. Just putting together the right team with the proper chemistry and talent takes time.

The funding is in place 100%. I made this decision as I believe it is the right one for our team, sponsors and Dean. I have Evan's complete support either way and we both appreciate all the support from our fans and Dean's supporters. Be patient...

What's funny is after I made this decision it didn't take long for a certain team to remain unnamed (most of you could figure it out) to email Evan and try and steal the deal. Evan and I had a good laugh at the Hijack attempt.

Thanks again and look for our team to rebound from a strange two race
setback.

Expect to win,

Mike Ashley

What's not to understand with that... :cool:

Very well written explanation Mike, and thanks for the update on Dean, the team, the chase, etc. Makes total sense to me... :)

I wanted to to drop by and update everyone. We we're anxious to bring on our second team at Indy to accumulate Skoal Showdown points for next year. However, after checking with parts manufacturers and carefully planning our time it would be very tough to ensure that we could put out a team at a quality parts and performance level with the 6 race swing. Also, as you can see this deal is very competitive and we don't want to dilute our focus and miss the mark on the countdown and ruin our chances to contend after Indy. Therefore, we ordered all the parts and pieces to run a second team and will be properly prepared to do so in 2008. Dean was involved in the decision and agreed that we need the right timeframe to assemble a team and equipment to "do it right". As competitve as it is things must be done right from the start or you'll be going home on Saturday night something that can happen all to easily with the level of competition this year.

For the record. Putting on another team is much more then just putting out a car. You want to provide a stable, professional and enjoyable work and team enviornment for the team so they can thrive and succeed. We have been inundated with Crew members looking to join on our team because we strive to provide a "low turnover" consistent program. Just putting together the right team with the proper chemistry and talent takes time.

The funding is in place 100%. I made this decision as I believe it is the right one for our team, sponsors and Dean. I have Evan's complete support either way and we both appreciate all the support from our fans and Dean's supporters. Be patient...

What's funny is after I made this decision it didn't take long for a certain team to remain unnamed (most of you could figure it out) to email Evan and try and steal the deal. Evan and I had a good laugh at the Hijack attempt.

Thanks again and look for our team to rebound from a strange two race
setback.

Expect to win,

Mike Ashley

Gosh I wonder who would have tried to steal the deal?
Was it the person who stole Dean's Mopar deal from under him? ;)

Thanks Mike, it's that kind of decission making that has made you a winner in my book! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back