Expanding F/C team (1 Viewer)

Business is business.

I've had my own business since I was 21 and seldom does someone say something that red flags a warning to me more clearly than this phrase. It screams "Run from this guy!" to me.

The phrase "Business is business" is most commonly heard among those strictly seeking the financial bottom line in lieu of the "we're in this for the long-haul" from unequaled service and integrity approach. Based upon your explanation, Force should owe Castrol money this year?

I've had my own business since I was 21 and seldom does someone say something that red flags a warning to me more clearly than this phrase. It screams "Run from this guy!" to me.

The phrase "Business is business" is most commonly heard among those strictly seeking the financial bottom line in lieu of the "we're in this for the long-haul" from unequaled service and integrity approach. Based upon your explanation, Force should owe Castrol money this year?

No Bobby,you don't get off that easy... I asked you "Why does Matco/Mopar owe him and apology"? And I also stated the "buisiness is business" statement because I know you've been in business a long time.So you know that if you yourself were sponsoring a car,and said car wasn't qualifying and going out in the 1st round on a regular basis,would you continue to market your company with that racer?? And after a few years if the same was happening? When would YOU decide to pull the plug so to speak??

And no,I don't think Force owes Castrol any money,you actually are insulting my intelligence with that statement.

Damn...if it is Skuza...we won't be seeing the "Anyone know what Skuza's doing?" threads :rolleyes: Glad to hear Dean is probably coming back,just wish it was going to be in time for Brainerd though....

No Bobby,you don't get off that easy... I asked you "Why does Matco/Mopar owe him and apology"? And I also stated the "buisiness is business" statement because I know you've been in business a long time.So you know that if you yourself were sponsoring a car,and said car wasn't qualifying and going out in the 1st round on a regular basis,would you continue to market your company with that racer?? And after a few years if the same was happening? When would YOU decide to pull the plug so to speak??

And no,I don't think Force owes Castrol any money,you actually are insulting my intelligence with that statement.

Chris,
Do you know any details regarding the departure of Skuza's major sponsors?

I currently sponsor four cars now but they're my own and that doesn't directly apply to your question so I'll answer you this way.

If I sponsored a car in the pro ranks, I'd be much more concerned with the personality I associated my company's image with than simply their performance record. I can also guarantee that I wouldn't be willing to pull the plug on "My Guy" just because a bigger/better offer from another competitor was on the table. I know some would but that's not me!

You may not be able to comprehend how I do business and I respect that, but far ahead of the financial bottom line that comes into play in my business, comes my integrity, my reputation and service above income (you know, everything I CAN take with me.) I don't/won't harlot myself out for better deals as I believe Mopar and Matco did. I think Dean has a letter he could show you that could shed more light on this subject. Gilbertson's own "Trick Tank" company received one of the "better deal" letters as well and who knows how many other's sponsors have been approached in the same fashion. You may call that "Business is business" but that's not business the way I do business.

Despite Dean and his Dad's on track record, they proved themselves quite worthy of the sponsorships they landed in my eyes, yet those sponsors chose to jump ship and I'll acknowledge such a move in my own way. I'm sure you are seeing it your "Business is Business" way as well. We'll choose to disagree on this one I suppose.
It's OK, there are other threads coming where we'll surely see eye to eye.

Chris, with all due respect...

Force wasn't exactly setting the world ablaze when Castrol came aboard.
Knowing your business and it's objectives, is an ingredient for success.

If I signed a racer, I would never forget why. If my sponsorship didn't provide the means to be at the top, I'd be aware of that also. Return on investment is not always synonymous with round wins.

I'll offer in spite of round/race wins, Ashley Force is a deal for Castrol at this point.

Many sponsors dump racers if they have a bad year and go to "the current big guy".We all have seen it.Yet the ones that stay with a racer for 3-4 years or longer and get what I would say (for conversations sake) "so-so" results,how long does that sponsor stay on? I understand integrity,I understand business,I understand not jumping ship when things are not right,but how long is a major sponsor obligated for? I think Mopar and Matco did what they thought best.Summit stayed with Mark Pawuk many years,and Mark has had rough times but now are with Anderson/Line.Are they guilty too?? What about Mach 1 and Baca?? Guilty?? I also know it's all not about the bottom line,personality has a lot to do with things as well.

How long if you were a sponsor pour money down an empty hole??

Last edited:
Chris,
Do you know any details regarding the departure of Skuza's major sponsors?

I currently sponsor four cars now but they're my own and that doesn't directly apply to your question so I'll answer you this way.

If I sponsored a car in the pro ranks, I'd be much more concerned with the personality I associated my company's image with than simply their performance record. I can also guarantee that I wouldn't be willing to pull the plug on "My Guy" just because a bigger/better offer from another competitor was on the table. I know some would but that's not me!

You may not be able to comprehend how I do business and I respect that, but far ahead of the financial bottom line that comes into play in my business, comes my integrity, my reputation and service above income (you know, everything I CAN take with me.) I don't/won't harlot myself out for better deals as I believe Mopar and Matco did. I think Dean has a letter he could show you that could shed more light on this subject. Gilbertson's own "Trick Tank" company received one of the "better deal" letters as well and who knows how many other's sponsors have been approached in the same fashion. You may call that "Business is business" but that's not business the way I do business.

Despite Dean and his Dad's on track record, they proved themselves quite worthy of the sponsorships they landed in my eyes, yet those sponsors chose to jump ship and I'll acknowledge such a move in my own way. I'm sure you are seeing it your "Business is Business" way as well. We'll choose to disagree on this one I suppose.
It's OK, there are other threads coming where we'll surely see eye to eye.

Doc integrity is a dying trate in the world of business and I admire the heaps you have and the fact that you have been in business for as long as you have and maintained it! :D
Maybe if more people thought that way we wouldn't have the corruption and greed we see so often and witness in the business world.

Just an FYI folks...this was the hottest news at this weekends NHRR at National Trail...but it still hasn't answered the most burning question on peoples minds for the past 5 years...just what HAS Skuza been up to?

Quote:Originally Posted by Ray Ghio Jr
Still working on the backflip though, but I got the Scelzi cartwheel down perfect...

Ray,

Please post videos of you
1) Doing Scelzi cartwheel
2) Doing that NASCAR guy's backflip
3) You sanding and sanding and sanding that darn truck.

Inquiring minds want to see!

Film at 11, hospital by 12.

At this point and time it looks like its going to be Dean we will find out 100% next weekend during a press realease. We will be loading up with a TON of parts and new cars and have the two car team ready for INDY and 2008. Thanks Evan.

YES!!!!! I'm back to being a happy camper!!

Evan & Mike Thank you both for all you do...this is some awsome news!! I just got my tickets in the mail yesterday for Sonoma...I can't wait!!!

<doing the happy dance>

T :D

Go Dean, Mike and Evan. Does this mean that Dean gets Mark Oswald for CC , if so the pros better look out!
I needed some good news today after the sad news out of Tenn.

Sorry Man, I just didn't want you to be disappointed when we get to the track and you are asking the question , Where's Skuza... :D :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back