Brawl in Brainerd Pits (1 Viewer)

All hearsay aside, and regardless of who did it in this case, if you spit in someone's face and don't get your a$$ kicked, consider yourself blessed. ;)

Sean D

Took less than an hour for some hearsay BS

If you're declaring BS, then that must mean you know what happened. So what happened? If you won't say, then I'll assume either you work for Cruz Pedregon or you're one of those that likes to spray BS repellent around but has no clue yourself.

Not like this is some kind of a big deal. If you'd rather not talk about it, hell, just drop it.

If you're declaring BS, then that must mean you know what happened. So what happened? If you won't say, then I'll assume either you work for Cruz Pedregon or you're one of those that likes to spray BS repellent around but has no clue yourself.

Not like this is some kind of a big deal. If you'd rather not talk about it, hell, just drop it.

I don't have a clue, but I will say it is really none of your business. Not a one of you would say anything to Cruz unless your hiding behind a screen.

I don't have a clue, but I will say it is really none of your business. Not a one of you would say anything to Cruz unless your hiding behind a screen.

Then you have no right to call BS.

And you're right on the first, wrong on the second. I'll say anything to anybody if I have an issue with them. If I had a legitimate beef with Cruz Pedregon, why on earth would I be afraid of a little spit or a punch to the nose? I've faced off with a lot worse, put one or two on their asses, wound up on my ass a few times and I'm still here, so what the hell......that's dumb talk.....

If he spit in someone's face, shame on him. If he didn't, then my apologies for even indicating that it might have happened. I also didn't intend to get in a fuss with anyone here over this non-incident that doesn't involve anyone other than him and his assistant chief. My apologies for that, and I'll stand down.

Oh I'd have absolutely no problem telling him anything...trust me. As far as this deal with his former employee, that's between them, but I still don't like Tony or Cruz and I am surprised this stuff isn't happening more on their team.

Last edited:
Just asking here . . . . how does this fit in with the suggestion, from some, that the NHRA would benefit from more aggressive tactics and less camaraderie?

Just asking here . . . . how does this fit in with the suggestion, from some, that the NHRA would benefit from more aggressive tactics and less camaraderie?

Until we know for sure what happened, your question can't be answered.
Now, if Force spit in Cruz's face, that would be something worth talking about. Heck, I'd pay to see that.
But, a brawl between an employer and an employee fits into the category of "who gives a **it."

See, crap like this is the reason I will for any car that lines up against him. Same with Tony.

Johnny Gray said it best: "He's a jerk and everyone knows it!"

I was standing there when Todd, another team's crew member, and a pro driver were standing there talking about it. Cruz was mad and coming down on Todd. Todd basically said f-u...I don't need this sh*t and said he quit. Cruz didn't like it and spit in his face. Todd got in 2-3 lands before it got broke up.

The comments were made that there aren't very many former Cruz employees that he hasn't screwed over in one way or the other. He's one of the most hated guys on the circuit. The only one who might be more hated than him is Tony!

On a side note, years back when Cruz had Advance Auto Parts for a sponsor, I got invited to go with a friend to his hospitality tent. He came over to our table and basically said "Hi, I'm Cruz Pedregon. Do you have anything you'd like me to sign?". Um....no. Even if I did, now I don't! Ever since then, I haven't liked the idiot!

I was standing there when Todd, another team's crew member, and a pro driver were standing there talking about it. Cruz was mad and coming down on Todd. Todd basically said f-u...I don't need this sh*t and said he quit. Cruz didn't like it and spit in his face. Todd got in 2-3 lands before it got broke up.

The comments were made that there aren't very many former Cruz employees that he hasn't screwed over in one way or the other. He's one of the most hated guys on the circuit. The only one who might be more hated than him is Tony!

On a side note, years back when Cruz had Advance Auto Parts for a sponsor, I got invited to go with a friend to his hospitality tent. He came over to our table and basically said "Hi, I'm Cruz Pedregon. Do you have anything you'd like me to sign?". Um....no. Even if I did, now I don't! Ever since then, I haven't liked the idiot!

1. What a d-bag! Hope his car chief goes to a different team that ends up putting an ass whooping on Cruz in the first round next race, and the week after that....

2. Don't forget Pat Foster! As far as Tony, I actually liked him when he was with JFR. Now... not so much. Oh well, if you notice he hasn't won much of anything since becoming a whiney b!tch and trying to start fisticuffs with THE CHAMP. You know what they say about Karma, right? ;)

3. What? LOL.... If it came down to having to eat track food or being dragged into a driver's hospitality tent that I didn't like, I'd rather choose the track food.

One good thing about Cruz is that he no longer tries to turn his winner's circle speeches into a spanish speaking lesson.... thank goodness!

If Cruz spit in the face of another man, I'm shocked the entire crew didn't walk off.
If this is true, his sponsorship wasn't pulled?

If Cruz spit in the face of another man, I'm shocked the entire crew didn't walk off.
If this is true, his sponsorship wasn't pulled?

I agree totally! It makes me wonder if the head honchos at Snap On are saying, "We dumped Doug Herbert for this guy?"

Doug may not have had the best relationships with crew guys either, but at least he didn't spit in any of their faces!

In all reality, it's hard to just quit your job without another job lined up. It's especially hard when you have a family at home who depends on you and whom you are responsible for. I'm guessing that some of them might be jumping ship soon though if they can get another job lined up with another team. I know I wouldn't want to stick around there!!!

Hard to say about Snap-On. Hopefully the people in charge of sponsorships over there take a good look at it and know what happened. I'm guessing if they ask Cruz, they'll get a flowered story about how that guy hit me and I've got an owey on my facey and it's all his fault. I'd guess that Cruz would leave out the part about spitting on him.....or that was maybe just an "accident"! LOL

One good thing about Cruz is that he no longer tries to turn his winner's circle speeches into a spanish speaking lesson.... thank goodness!

I never really had problem with it, there are going to be a lot of his fans that are English as a second language if not Spanish-speaking only. From a sponsor standpoint, it opens a new demographic as well.

Baseball players have been doing this for over 40 years since the great by every measure Roberto Clemente did his interview after winning the '71 World Series in Spanish.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back