Bazemore's new look (2 Viewers)

Mel, I'm not screamin' that a fan did this, I'm just saying that somebody did and that, like it or not, the usual end result of this will trickle down to ticket prices. I don't like that any more than you do but it's just the facts. It's like people stealing from the local Wal-Mart...ultimately, we're all gonna pay for that one person's act. Same with uninsured drivers...tax cheats...etc..

By the way, I've since heard that several teams were hit by the Sharpie bandit, including a screen of Brandon Bernstein, and I don't know anyone that doesn't like him.

Probably, the end result will be that the pits will need to be cleared of everyone without a credential at a certain time, which will eliminate that truly fun time you can have late in the evening with the fans and the drivers hanging out together. Sad but true, in my opinion.

Mel, I'm not screamin' that a fan did this, I'm just saying that somebody did and that, like it or not, the usual end result of this will trickle down to ticket prices. I don't like that any more than you do but it's just the facts. It's like people stealing from the local Wal-Mart...ultimately, we're all gonna pay for that one person's act. Same with uninsured drivers...tax cheats...etc..

By the way, I've since heard that several teams were hit by the Sharpie bandit, including a screen of Brandon Bernstein, and I don't know anyone that doesn't like him.

Probably, the end result will be that the pits will need to be cleared of everyone without a credential at a certain time, which will eliminate that truly fun time you can have late in the evening with the fans and the drivers hanging out together. Sad but true, in my opinion.

I think we are jumping the gun here!
What happened to Whit's trailer was uncalled for and rare. I have heard of a few other incidents of theft in the middle of the day etc...
A track after hours is still extremely vulnerable to theft vandalism if some A_HOLE wants to get into mischief.
I agree with Rob that if it escalates you will look at higher prices and restrictions.
NHRA's options are limited if they ever got ride of open pits it would be the end of this sport for good kind of what NHRA is doing now with these rules changes which are in a sense breaking down the core of this sport!

I agree that this action is nothing less than vandalism, but when you put your face on the entire back door or side of a trailer you're asking for it...especially if you're Whit Bazemore! He's ruffled way too many feathers through the years...it was bound to happen. Too many nutty people out there.

A wiser choice for these wraps would be the logo or product that the sponsor manufactures or sells. I'm sure they would appreciate that better...;)

in all honesty it probably was a bunch of young punk kids, who dont know whit from a hole in the ground. come on, everyone has doodled a mustache and a beard on an unknown face in a magazine in all of our lives. rob, with all do respect , we all know whit is a very close freind of yours but your really getting too upset about this arent you? its an isolated thing for now, if it doesnt happen again, then just chalk it up to punk kids doing no good. talk about higher ticket prices, more security, no fans mingling with thier favorite drivers anymore just because whit has a new look is a little premature. what comes around goes around, who did it will get theirs in time. and knowing whit, he probably got a laugh out of it in private.

Where was NHRA's security??? How could this have happened? This couldn't have been done without a ladder...unless it happened during the day when the door was down.

Mr Powers should send the $20k bill to NHRA. This was no easy prank to pull off and any kind of security effort would have stopped this.

Heck, I'm close with all the drivers. Norwalk is going to be my 214th consecutive race. We all live together, eat together, and travel together. I don't care if it's Whit or anyone else, it still sucks and it's unnecessary. Someone ruined Doug Herbert's merchandise trailer a few years back and I know he was plenty pissed. They wrote all kinds of crap on his property. Please, you can't be defending this in any way, can you?

The good news is that the markings on Whit's trailer came off with brake cleaner. That stuff removes damn near anything.

Heck, I'm close with all the drivers. Norwalk is going to be my 214th consecutive race. We all live together, eat together, and travel together. I don't care if it's Whit or anyone else, it still sucks and it's unnecessary. Someone ruined Doug Herbert's merchandise trailer a few years back and I know he was plenty pissed. They wrote all kinds of crap on his property. Please, you can't be defending this in any way, can you?

The good news is that the markings on Whit's trailer came off with brake cleaner. That stuff removes damn near anything.

Rob,

Does that stuff work on STUPID.... Somedays this place could use a case or two to go around....

When I first read the story, the first thing I thought was "typical New Jersey".

I think we are jumping the gun here by calling for pit restrictions at a certain time because of an isolated incident. If you are going to do that, do it at the "problem" tracks first ... don't punish everyone unilaterally. Late Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights are my absolute favorite time to be at the track and if I have to leave the Strip in Vegas at 8 PM because of some A-Hole in Joisey ...

A practical joke... I bet there was a bit of beverage consumption before the artists wen to work....

Kinda looked like the Pirates of the Carribean...
a Parrot on his shoulder would have looked good...

no harm just some bruised egos...

will there be a counter attack in MapleGrove?
Stay tuned!!

Reminds me of a tour I was on... The wrap started getting tagged from Day 1, but it went to balistic levels in New York...

BusGraffitti60.jpg

BusGraffitti42.jpg

BusGraffitti34.jpg

... In Whit's case, I recommend E-Bay for the peeled off wrap- I'm positive there would be a buyer....

Thanks for all the phone #'s MT... Think when I find time, I'll make a few crank calls...
Hey baby, this is Chris, and your writting touched a spot, no one has ever reached before... :D So, how you doin?? :p

#2 Sack of taters down the exhaust tube, that is always a hoot... :p

And what do you do with your panty collection?? :eek:

Nevermind... I forgot we are in the Paris era... My bad

Last edited:
Ray, just remember...15 will getcha 20 :eek:

But then again, they WERE stupid enough to put all that info on A TOUR BUS...:rolleyes:

Looks like Michael Veskovich artwork to me... :D
I'd blame Marek, but I know he was not at the scene of the crime... ;)
Unlike Mike... :eek:

Plain dumb!! :mad:

Ghio, next time you play with your Sharpie like that, you should add some color...Maybe even a "new" Matco Logo....C'mon, you have more talent than what you showed....lol

Thanks for all the phone #'s MT... Think when I find time, I'll make a few crank calls...
Hey baby, this is Chris, and your writting touched a spot, no one has ever reached before... :D So, how you doin?? :p

#2 Sack of taters down the exhaust tube, that is always a hoot... :p

And what do you do with your panty collection?? :eek:

Nevermind... I forgot we are in the Paris era... My bad

I think I saw in ther..." Ghio...U my baby daddy..."

lmao!!!

Ray, just remember...15 will getcha 20 :eek:
Holy pink panties Bulbman... Sounds like someone has been there or done that...

Where were you during the 80's and early 90's anyway?? :eek:

And 15's look like 20's anyhow, which is pretty scary now that you mention that... Thanks for the heads up... That could really screw a guys plans up for a while... :D

That's why I keep mine in my pocket at ALL times... :p

Ghio, next time you play with your Sharpie like that, you should add some color...Maybe even a "new" Matco Logo....C'mon, you have more talent than what you showed....lol
JR, I'm one of three on here that are big Whit fans... And I was at the zoo and circus last weekend in CA. so it wasn't me... And you're right, I can't draw that bad even left handed... :p

Now IF I were to do that to someone, without mentioning any names... (Jeff Arend) I certainly would not tell anyone first... :eek:

I didn't say I would'nt go fishin with the man...
But if he comes near me, The story ends with me puttin him in the wall... :D

Warren Wallace lines never get old... LMAO :)

Last edited:
When I first read the story, the first thing I thought was "typical New Jersey".

I think we are jumping the gun here by calling for pit restrictions at a certain time because of an isolated incident. If you are going to do that, do it at the "problem" tracks first ... don't punish everyone unilaterally. Late Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights are my absolute favorite time to be at the track and if I have to leave the Strip in Vegas at 8 PM because of some A-Hole in Joisey ...

What can I say. Born and raised here. I guess all of the people in attendance were only from Joisey. Makes me happy to know I live in a state that has that many drag race fans. O' wait we let others in to our state. Maybe it was some one who got on a plane from some where else with a ax to grind. Hard to believe. I know must have been from NY or PA or CT or Del or Vir or SC or NC or Vegas... I think you get my point. We have phily on one side NYC on the other. Like the old song "Stuck in the middle with you".........

The truth of the matter is, I like Whit as well. He is one of the few that actually says what he is thinking....... Having said that, he does ruffle feathers and there are rumors even a conflict with "another driver"??? So naturally the first thing you should do is throw the fans under the bus..:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back