4 Wide at LVMS (1 Viewer)

Dumb Question, Why Does Drag Racing NEED to Grow? If I never get to see another "BIG SHOW" again, it's not going to kill me. Personally, I think the biggest thing wrong with Drag Racing Today is The Show.

d'kid

Well, it's gonna kill me, my income is directly impacted on whether or not the Big Show Grows or stays the way it is... That's all I gotta say about that Karl...

Well, it's gonna kill me, my income is directly impacted on whether or not the Big Show Grows or stays the way it is... That's all I gotta say about that Karl...

..And if you pi$$ off the paying public with gimmickry (is that even a word..:confused:) and ruin the show, there will be nothing left to grow.

16rzhz.jpg

I wonder if they will add 2 lanes to the right of the current 2.
Then, a new grandstand to the right of that?

Hey Joe, Bruton said he would also double the beer gardens.
rofl.gif

Last edited:
I wonder if they will add 2 lanes to the right of the current 2.
Then, a new grandstand to the right of that?

If you see it in person, you can see that the 2 new lanes go to the right. There's extra space on that side in the earthwork, there's extra space between the track and the sign at the top end, the tunnel exits way farther to the right that it needs to, and the staging lanes wrap around to line up with the right side of the existing lanes... just like it would have to if you had four lanes. Heck, they even put in temporary grandstands on that side. Clearly the whole place was laid our for four lanes, with two more to the right of the existing ones...

..And if you pi$$ off the paying public with gimmickry (is that even a word..:confused:) and ruin the show, there will be nothing left to grow.

I doubt 4-Wide at a few races per year is going to pi$$ off the MAJORITY OF THE PAYING PUBLIC Cheryl... If it does it to you and a few others..... but brings in more revenue in other areas do you think the powers that be are really going to care?

Could 4-wide racing possibly permit more classes to run, in the time frame such as an 8-car Nitro Nostalgia Funny Car and Dragster field? Perhaps bringing in a QUICK-32 STYLE PINKS ALL OUT CLASS AT EACH EVENT? Would this not provide more 'BANG FOR THE BUCK'? A BETTER FAN EXPERIENCE??? Could it not also speed up the sportsman show?

I for one will let them evaluate what went right and what went wrong in RACE 1 of the 4-WIDE ERA, make some changes to the format and go from there...I'd also like to see it in person before I put the nail on the coffin on 4-Wide

But I for one would LOVE to see 4-WIDE in VEGAS. Seems to fit the city doesn't it? :eek:

I don't like it. I want/need to see everything that is happening. That is sometimes difficult just running two at a time. Four at a time means a lot more of what's happening will be missed by those watching, both in person and (judging by the comments in the ESPN thread) on TV.

I watched the live stream of the Vegas test & tune. At that time they showed the right side and how it was originally built to possibly go 4 wide. They also stated at that time that contractors would commence construction as soon as the test & tune was over. What happened ? Any work being done ?

I understand that, thats obvious, But I was wondering why they call it big SHOW. Why they have use the words Show when talking about NHRA why not the Big Races or something. Something that more represents it as a sport and a race.

MLB has always been (at least as long as I've been alive) as The Big Show, the top of the game in baseball. No longer in the minor leagues, where players hone their skills.

Guess it's an American thing, Baseball being 'the National pass-time' that we refer to the top level of a sport as The Show, or The Big Show.

d'kid

Where did the term "Big Show" come from...
The "Classic Nitro" internet posting board folks started using it as slang for the NHRA National Events because of their TV time ...
We are part of "grass roots racing", where did that come from? ... Maybe because of the non-paved pits at the places we race...:)

Tim maybe you are in the wrong part of the market... in case you hadn't noticed, the Big Show part is getting smaller.

What on earth is boring about it? are people not excited by real racing anymore? what is everyone else seeing that I am not?

Really, if I was bored with it I wouldn't empty my bank account supporting it! My reasons for not liking 4 wide? First off, you have no way of remembering who ran what ET in what lane? What lane so and so was in? And when the Pro's aren't running, are they gonna throw the Sportsman cars in the FAR lanes? I like Vegas because of it's intimacy, your on top of the cars there! I went to Sonoma once, never went back!

Really, if I was bored with it I wouldn't empty my bank account supporting it! My reasons for not liking 4 wide? First off, you have no way of remembering who ran what ET in what lane? What lane so and so was in? And when the Pro's aren't running, are they gonna throw the Sportsman cars in the FAR lanes? I like Vegas because of it's intimacy, your on top of the cars there! I went to Sonoma once, never went back!
Joe are you going to Vegas 1.

Big Show refers to the Circus as in Wally's Traveling Circus. These terms came around when big money started coming into NHRA also big transporters and things like that.

Tim maybe you are in the wrong part of the market... in case you hadn't noticed, the Big Show part is getting smaller.

Oh I'm hedging my bets for sure Darr.. ADAM SOROKIN, JAMES DAY, KENNY BUZDAS, JESSE ADAMS and now WILL MARTIN... on one side. Got Don Wootton on another side, and KATIE SULLIVAN, DANNY GRUNINGER, KRISTEN WOOTTON on one side. Heck, even international with the Kon Rodz team in Canada and Ulf Leanders in Sweden...But, all these boys and girls want to race the big show some day.

And the products we make at http://www.cleanboostoil.com are targeted to ANY Racing application.

Wise man say always hedge your bet. :cool:

I like Vegas because of it's intimacy, your on top of the cars there! I went to Sonoma once, never went back!

AND GUESS WHAT JOE. They build the 4-wide in Vegas and you'll be even MORE INTIMATE. You'll be "ON TOP" of cars on BOTH SIDES!!! So, what's the problem now? Not 'remembering' who's running what? I gotta suggestion for that... LESS ALCOHOL...;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back