LVMS "The Strip" Going 4-wide for Next Event (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
An inside source has confirmed that the Las Vegas strip is going 4-wide before the next event. We were told that due to the unprecedented success of last weeks event in Charlotte and the fact that the Las Vegas track is already set up to add 2 more lanes, Bruton Smith has decided to make Vegas 4-wide before the next race. Plans are to excavate and lay the base by the end of this week. On Saturday and Sunday they will pour fast setting concrete that will cure by Monday in the favorable Las Vegas weather. On Tuesday and Wednesday of next week they will drag and prep the new surface to have it ready to race on Thursday. Bruton was asked if this accelerated schedule was pushing the envelope too much. His response was what you would expect from Bruton in that he said "I can make anything happen at the touch of a button. I want this and it is going to happen!".
NHRA has issued a statement regarding these new developments stating that "It is in the best interests of NHRA, the racers and fans everywhere that we do whatever is necessary to make Bruton Smith happy". Only time will tell if this new format will work at multiple racetracks. We are working on getting a response from owners and drivers who will be affected by this sudden change. We will update you as we gather these responses.

An inside source has confirmed that the Las Vegas strip is going 4-wide before the next event. We were told that due to the unprecedented success of last weeks event in Charlotte and the fact that the Las Vegas track is already set up to add 2 more lanes, Bruton Smith has decided to make Vegas 4-wide before the next race. Plans are to excavate and lay the base by the end of this week. On Saturday and Sunday they will pour fast setting concrete that will cure by Monday in the favorable Las Vegas weather. On Tuesday and Wednesday of next week they will drag and prep the new surface to have it ready to race on Thursday. Bruton was asked if this accelerated schedule was pushing the envelope too much. His response was what you would expect from Bruton in that he said "I can make anything happen at the touch of a button. I want this and it is going to happen!".
NHRA has issued a statement regarding these new developments stating that "It is in the best interests of NHRA, the racers and fans everywhere that we do whatever is necessary to make Bruton Smith happy". Only time will tell if this new format will work at multiple racetracks. We are working on getting a response from owners and drivers who will be affected by this sudden change. We will update you as we gather these responses.

DUUUHHHHHH !!!!! April 1st HA HA HA NOT NOT NOT !!!! GROW UP

I'll bet Hagen and Wilkerson will be thrilled and the three prostocks that red lighted in the same round will be eating it up no April fools

Another reason I HATE April Fools Day! I've spent too much time reading"BREAKING NEWS" reports only to find out it April Fools...ugh!

You guys wanna make it an April Fools joke now but I can promise you that 4 Wide racing will indeed be coming to Vegas sooner than later....

The Strip at LVMS was originally designed as a 4 lane drag strip, they just never installed the other 2 lanes. While I hope they never do it, it wouldn't take very much work to get it done.

I also think too much is being made of last weekend's attendance at ZMax ... It should be pointed out that all of last Fall's tickets were honored this weekend, as well as Friday's washout tickets. Let's see how next year's 4 Wides compare to this year's, because compared to previous years, this year's race is definitely an anomaly. I fully expect a regression to the mean. In any event, if 4 wide was truly viable long term, the extra 2 lanes would have been installed in Vegas by now.

Last edited:
I rember when the NHRA website would publish April fools stories. I remember one which announced the 2 driver top fueler. Sometimes they were pretty cheesy, but were usually fun to read.

I know they can go 4 wide at Vegas ,but I really hope they don't. One of those per year is MORE than enough .....

John Force is retiring effective immediately so he can concentrate more on team ownership. Whit Bazemore will fill the seat in his car.

NEWS FLASH!!!

NHRA announced today that all 4-wide racing is suspended indefinitely. A spokesman for the organization reportedly encountered Wally Parks in a dream who said, "No, no, no! You're doing it all wrong. We don't want to make the tracks WIDER; we want to make them LONGER so we can get back to 1320 racing."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back