4 Wide at LVMS (1 Viewer)

Drag Racing is Drag Racing. Whether it's a bunch of stick-shift 4 bangers or 32,000 horse power 4-Wide Top Fuel Dragsters the sport is the same. Whether it is here in the USA or on a Saturday Night in Japan, the speed, the excitement, the fun which is drag racing remains the same. Just the parameters are different.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to see the 4-Wide event in Vegas?

William Payne quote "are people not excited by real racing anymore?"

Define REAL racing, NO bump spot (not enough cars) 1000' racing (shut-off at 3/4 track) 4 wide racing, so our day of shortened fun gets even shorter ?? Charge full price anyway, DOH !! are we watching the same show ?? C'mon dude it's a joke anymore. I've been to every single Gatornationals since 1969, last 2 years I boycotted it, and NO plans to go back anytime soon, friggin circus act now :rolleyes:

William Payne quote "are people not excited by real racing anymore?"

Define REAL racing, NO bump spot (not enough cars) 1000' racing (shut-off at 3/4 track) 4 wide racing, so our day of shortened fun gets even shorter ?? Charge full price anyway, DOH !! are we watching the same show ?? C'mon dude it's a joke anymore. I've been to every single Gatornationals since 1969, last 2 years I boycotted it, and NO plans to go back anytime soon, friggin circus act now :rolleyes:

What I mean by real racing is just that racing. without all the gimicktry to make a better show. Go on youtube and watch the 1979 nhra world finals sure it was before my time but it was racing.

What I mean by real racing is just that racing. without all the gimicktry to make a better show. Go on youtube and watch the 1979 nhra world finals sure it was before my time but it was racing.

AND THOSE DAYS ARE NEVER COMING BACK... SO DON'T KID YOURSELF KID.

And no. To answer you question, AVERAGE JOE SIX-PACK DOES NOT ENJOY "REAL RACING". They don't go to the local track to watch the Wed night test and tune do they? They don't shell out the money to watch the Lucas Oil Sportsman Divisional Series DO THEY?

I respect your passion for the sport, but it's blinded your ability to face the facts William. DRAG RACING NEEDS A SPARK TO GROW. IT NEEDS NEW BLOOD. IT NEEDS SOMETHING THAT WILL BRING JOE SIX-PACK BACK TO THE LOCAL TRACK ON WED NIGHT.

Test and tune man that would be awesome. You would get to check out all the different stuff people are trying. I guess I am not joe 6-pack. I mean haha I spent 2 days in the rain waiting for a hydroplane race once that wound up cancelled. Haha was a good weekend.

Being down here in New Zealand and having to watch the NHRA racing from so far away to me its like this amazing place that everyone oneday aspires to be and race at. Like hallowed ground like what Bonneville is to land speed racers around the world.

I haven't been to america so havent been to an NHRA event but I try to never miss a broadcast I keep completly upto date with everything thats going on on the websites and message boards. There are just alot of changes going on that I just don't understand.

Last edited:
FIRST OFF... DON'T BELIEVE THE PULSE OF MESSAGE BOARDS ARE THE PULSE OF DRAG RACING FANS... FAR FROM IT. Message board participants equate to maybe 3% of ACTIVE Drag Racing fans.

If you want an example to what somebody else from another country thinks about wanting to race over here, look at Ulf Leanders from Sweden. They ran the Gators in TAFC and were not pleased with their efforts. They could have packed up their gear and played in the smaller pond but they are staying over here until they run like they expect to. IT IS THEIR HOLLOWED GROUNDS.

It still exists in some William. But the BIG SHOW has become a real pain in the butt to many.

Personally, I enjoy any kind of racing. I DO pay to go to wed test and tune. I DO pay to go to LODRS events.

The Big Show is not RUINED.. it simply needs a jump start to revive itself.

Test and tune man that would be awesome. You would get to check out all the different stuff people are trying. I guess I am not joe 6-pack. I mean haha I spent 2 days in the rain waiting for a hydroplane race once that wound up cancelled. Haha was a good weekend.

Being down here in New Zealand and having to watch the NHRA racing from so far away to me its like this amazing place that everyone oneday aspires to be and race at. Like hallowed ground like what Bonneville is to land speed racers around the world.

I haven't been to america so havent been to an NHRA event but I try to never miss a broadcast I keep completly upto date with everything thats going on on the websites and message boards. There are just alot of changes going on that I just don't understand.

AND THOSE DAYS ARE NEVER COMING BACK... SO DON'T KID YOURSELF KID.

And no. To answer you question, AVERAGE JOE SIX-PACK DOES NOT ENJOY "REAL RACING". They don't go to the local track to watch the Wed night test and tune do they? They don't shell out the money to watch the Lucas Oil Sportsman Divisional Series DO THEY?

I respect your passion for the sport, but it's blinded your ability to face the facts William. DRAG RACING NEEDS A SPARK TO GROW. IT NEEDS NEW BLOOD. IT NEEDS SOMETHING THAT WILL BRING JOE SIX-PACK BACK TO THE LOCAL TRACK ON WED NIGHT.

Dumb Question, Why Does Drag Racing NEED to Grow? If I never get to see another "BIG SHOW" again, it's not going to kill me. Personally, I think the biggest thing wrong with Drag Racing Today is The Show.

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back