1-800-flowers Sucks!!!! (1 Viewer)

Last night I got home at 10:10 pm from work. Deanna had a Steak ready to go and a card on the Table. I took off my boots gave her a hug and handed her a Card. I told her to stand in the middle of the kitchen so I could surprise her with her V-Day present.

She stood with her eyes closed, I grabbed her gift just outside the Garage Door walked up to her and said open your eyes. She smiled and said "for me, you are always so thoughtful". "A new Chainsaw, at least its not a Car Part".

We are not big on the Flowers thing but we have a lot of fun getting each other gifts "WE" really like. When I got her a new Truck and Trailer in '06 for our Anniversary she got me a new Diamond Ring. Surprisingly the Ring didn't fit me but it fit her just fine. She didn't like driving the new Truck so I drive it.

I love my Wife! I tell her that everyday! She is a trooper...

You must be bringing them to Baytown. Don't waste your money....buy me beer at the track! Or better yet, a new NAPA shirt or cap. ;)

I wasn't gonna spend any money. I figured I'd stop and [illegally] pick up some blue bonnets somewhere on I-45. Remember... it's the thought that counts!!! :D

Ok you I am with you girls on the flowers. I told my Husband No flower or candy! But when I wake up yesterday morning he had Pink roses and a card on the kitchen counter.Then handed me a fresh cup of coffee in an NHRA cup. The flower was great but the coffee and coffee cup was what brought a smile on my face.At work one of the mechanics gave him a Kendall race team calendar. This is cool for two reasons, our Granddaughter name is Kendall and of course for V gains. Yes the man know what I like.:)

Other girl might like flower and candy But not me.

Last night I got home at 10:10 pm from work. Deanna had a Steak ready to go and a card on the Table. I took off my boots gave her a hug and handed her a Card. I told her to stand in the middle of the kitchen so I could surprise her with her V-Day present.

She stood with her eyes closed, I grabbed her gift just outside the Garage Door walked up to her and said open your eyes. She smiled and said "for me, you are always so thoughtful". "A new Chainsaw, at least its not a Car Part".

We are not big on the Flowers thing but we have a lot of fun getting each other gifts "WE" really like. When I got her a new Truck and Trailer in '06 for our Anniversary she got me a new Diamond Ring. Surprisingly the Ring didn't fit me but it fit her just fine. She didn't like driving the new Truck so I drive it.

I love my Wife! I tell her that everyday! She is a trooper...

Wow! You guys sound like my parents! Except my dad bought my mom 24 rings...8 top rings, 8 secondaries, and 8 oil rings! She got him a new bathtub, but he'll have to put it in for her, I mean, by himself.

My dad was saying the other day he wants to buy a toterhome and a stacker trailer bad so I told him for Valentine's Day he should go get all the rings and other jewelry he's bought my stepmom over the years and cash them in and he could pay cash for the toter and stacker and tell her Happy Valentines Day!

1-800-flowers sends box of chocolate peanuts from Wal-Mart for $14.99

Reader Adam isn't pleased with the peanuts his wife got from 1-800-Flowers:
When I ordered flowers for my wife, I added a $14.99 box of chocolates, but got an .88 cent box of peanuts

- I've attached the photo from 1-800-Flowers of the item your promised. (A standard box of chocolates for $14.99)
- I've also attached a photo of what I really got. (A box of chocolate covered peanuts that retail for .88 cents at Wal-Mart)

Not only is this a rip-off, but my wife doesn't eat peanuts. I tried to call 1-800-Flowers, but you get a message to the effect of "We're too busy" then the line hangs up.

We checked out the brand of peanuts you got Adam. They're not just available at Walmart. You can also get them at Ace Hardware, Family Dollar, and Dollar General. When 1800Flowers.com says "candy may vary," they are not kidding.

Quality issues aside: the 1800Flowers website says that a "small" is 8 oz. Not only did they send you crappy quality candy, they sent you a little more than half the amount you paid for.

Feel free to report this to your Attorney General and your state's Department of Weights and Measures.

Scam: 1-800-Flowers Sends Box Of Chocolate Peanuts From Walmart For $14.99

I finally got thru to a real person at 800-FLOWERS this morning, went over what happened, and absolutely no problem getting my full amount of money back, with several apologies. Kudos to them for that.

He offered to send me a 20% off coupon, which I accepted, but I think I'll stick with going into my local florist, which has never done me wrong.

0216081055.jpg

I got this :)

Well, the beer was already here but these were delivered this morning.

I collect angels so it's perfect :)

Guys, my opinion is just what it is...my opinion.

I'm sure your efforts are greatly appreciated by the women in your lives. I don't in any way intend to shoot them down. Women are like snowflakes....no 2 are the same. :)

I've used Pro Flowers without any issues. But like someone else said, I don't wait until the day before! :D

I got my wife the real rose dipped in gold from I Hate Steven Singer, and I was totally shocked at how much she loved the crazy thing. I too was tired of getting the roses that only last a week or whatever, so I decided to try something different. I got the painted one. Boy was it a hit! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back