Please pray for faulkner family (1 Viewer)

Bobby Bennett

Nitro Member
Rolling O Store’s Hollie Faulkner Dies Following Sudden Illness …

Hollie Faulkner, co-operator of the Rolling O merchandise trailer, died Saturday afternoon at the age of 36. She leaves behind husband Donnie and a four month old daughter Emma Jacquelyn.

Hollie was the daughter of Charles and Kay Cagle.

Miss Hollie, as many of her friends called her, was the kind of person who continually encouraged many at the races and wore a constant smile.

She became ill on Friday evening and collapsed, losing consciousness and drifting into a coma. Holly never recovered and died this afternoon in Little Rock, Ark.

Doctors believe she suffered a blood clot which reached her brain.

The family confirmed that her vital organs will be donated per her wishes.

"Hollie was a loving, caring and compassionate person who never met a stranger," Donnie said. "The outpouring of support has been tremendous and we have been blessed to have such great friends. We will be donating her organs and that's the kind of person she was. Hopefully in this tragedy someone will be blessed at Christmas time with a transplant.

"Thank you for keeping our family in your prayers this holiday season."

This is the second tragedy to strike the Faulkner family in as many years.

In 2007, Hollie and Donnie lost their first child, a son whom they planned to name Eric Blake. They turned the tragedy into a positive as they founded the Eric Blake Faulkner foundation, a support group which assists families who are faced with the same situation.

They were blessed with a daughter fifteen months later with the birth of Emma Jacquelyn.

Visitation is scheduled for Monday evening, 6 – 9 PM, at the Roller-Chenal Funeral Home located on 13801 Chenal Parkway in Little Rock.

The funeral is scheduled for Tuesday at 11 AM at the Our Lady Of The Holy Souls Catholic Church, 1003 N. Tyler Street in Little Rock.

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested all donations be directed to:

Eric Blake Faulkner Fund
c/o St. Vincent Foundation
#2 St. Vincent Circle
Little Rock, AR 72205

I can't believe what I reading. This is so sad. From our family to the Faulkners and their friends, please accept our sincerest condolences. We are so sorry for this tragic loss.

Donnie, during this difficult time I dont think there is anything that can be said other than find peace in the fact that you are cared for and loved by the community.

I know first hand what it is like to lose a parent before you can even remember them. Emma will be just like her mother, just hold her tight and she will be the only one, other than God who will bring you comfort.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Boy, does this piss me off.

I am so sorry to hear about this. I have always looked forward to seeing and chatting briefly with the Faulkner's, at the track. The Voth family will never forget the kindness we were treated to inside that tent. What a loss.

How much does one person have to take?

My heart goes out to you Donnie.

This just breaks my heart. We lost an infant son in 1980 and I shared this with Hollie when I stopped by the O Store at CSK race to drop off a donation. I'll never forget sharing a hug and tears. Prayers go out to Donnie and Emma.
RIP Sweetheart - :(

I just don't understand why bad things happen to good people.

Donnie and Hollie ALWAYS have a minute or 10 for me and my Dad at the track in the Rolling O store. My heart is absolutely broken for you Donnie. Know that you are in A LOT of people thoughts and prayers.

when I got the call this morning I just could not believe what I was hearing and went totally numb. Hollie is a loving wife and mother and an amazing friend.

I remember the 1st time the rolling o showed up in pomona and i met donnie and hollie like it was yesterday. I was just some momo obsessed with oakley and I must have stood at the rolling o for hours looking at all the cool stuff wondering what to get and her putting up with all my dumb questions and indecision's of what i wanted and didn't want.

from that day forward we were friends and i never missed stopping by the rolling o and bugging donnie and hollie at whatever race i was at.

I last saw her last month up at oakley a day or 2 after the finals. she was getting ready to head back to little rock we chatted a bit about life and what not then she gave me a big hug and said "see you in january" I would have never in a million years thought that would be the last time i saw her.

still sitting here in total disbelief and shock.

hollie was truly one in a million and loved by everyone for the amazing human being she was.

I like to think while we are in pain down here missing her...she is up there holding her baby boy eric and smiling. I know darrell, eric, and scott are gonna take good care of her!

godspeed hollie

j

WOW!This is some of the worst news anyone can get.

My heart goes out to Donnie and Emma and the entire faimly. Hollie was always a up-beat person that would always make you smile. She will be truely missed.

Wow. this is so upsetting. horrible news.

Donnie .. we will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Godspeed, Hollie.

This is awful. I'm in shock. Donnie, I don't know what to say to even attempt to offer sympathy. You two have always been so good to me and I always looked forward to seeing you guys at the races. I am so very sorry. I wish I could make better. I love you man, hang in there.

Dave

Hollie was such a wonderful person, she's going to be missed by everyone.

Donnie you're in my prayers.

I'm am so sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to the family.

What awful news...my heart really goes out to Donnie, Emma, and the whole family. My thoughts and prayers will be sent for Hollie and them. May God Bless them!

I got a call about this about 2 Pm today.....and I still havn't let it sink in until I read this....and got goose bumps with every post. Hollie was indeed a special person to all of the drag racing community, and her smile and charm will be sorely missed.....It's a very dark day for our "family" we have truely lost one of our special ones....

Donnie, you hang n there, Eric Blake needed his mommy, and Lil Emma needs her daddy now more than ever....Be strong for her and carry on..

Love you.

ALWAYS A HUG, ALWAYS A SMILE and ALWAYS A BUBBLY GREETING FROM HOLLIE!!!

These are just some of the memories I hold near and dear to my heart of Hollie Faulkner. I have been on the phone most of the day and each conversation was about Hollie, what has happened and how tragic this situation is. I choose not to focus this post on the painful thoughts that typically go hand in hand when something like this happens. Instead, I am going to share a few of my happiest memories of Hollie and I encourage everyone else to do the same. I would love to read through this thread and see all the fantastic and fun stories people have to share about Hollie. Let’s take advantage of this opportunity and celebrate the life of Hollie Faulkner!!!

I remember Hollie, Deeana, Maria, Miss Janet and I in the Rolling O poking fun at Donnie for hours. Donnie always seemed to be an easy target and Hollie was the first to jump right in with a loving dig or two and added to the banter.

The first time Hollie ever met my wife Doreen, (at Englishtown 2006) her first words to Doreen were, “You Poor Thing”, we all laughed and carried on. Hollie and Doreen hit it off right away as if they had been friends for years. That’s just the way she was, Hollie had a gift for making everyone feel warm and welcome.

One of the best memories I have of Hollie is when she pulled up to the top end of the track at Indy and the priceless look on her face as she ran to Mike, jumped into his arms and gave him a huge hug after winning the race in the Eric Blake tribute car. There was true magic at work that weekend. God’s love was shining everywhere, especially on each and every one of us. Hollie, Donnie, Miss Lynnette, Mike… We all felt this incredible bond that weekend and at the heart of it all was Hollie with her classic, “Perma-Grin”.

Whenever I think of Hollie Faulkner, I will think of the wonderful person that she was, the priceless moments that we shared and the special place Hollie Faulkner will forever have in my heart. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your life Hollie and for blessing me by being part of mine. God’s Speed my friend.

Last edited:
Oh my, this is tragic news. My prayers go out to the family. The Rolling O folks were great people. Hollie will be missed

What a shock. I just read on the RFC prayer chain to keep them in prayer. Then I come on hear to read this post. I sit here in shock. What a wonderfull family to have to endure so much. You are all close in our hearts and prayers.

From our first meeting/ purchase many years ago. We ONLY buy O at the track because you are such wonderfull people. I will look forward to the day that we will all meet again.

God Blees you all, Curt Fishel

Hollie was such an amazing person and will be missed so much! My thoughts and prayers are with donnie and little emma, we all love you guys and are here for anything you need!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back