1-800-flowers Sucks!!!! (1 Viewer)

Alan

Nitro Member
So I order my wife some flowers on Tuesday to be delivered today, and find a nice arrangement on the 800-FLOWERS site. I generally run across the street to a local florist, but liked this deal. I order it, today she shows up at home for lunch, and first I notice the flowers don't resemble the picture....at all. Then she shows me the broken vase and the cut on her finger where she picked it up. Then the holes in the leaves......

I stop by the delivering store, he takes it back, but I have to go thru 800-FLOWERS to get my money back. Guess what?? You can't even get ahold of a live person today, and they have yet to promptly respond to my email. I realize they are busy today, but you aren't even given the option to wait, they tell you no one is available to take the call and you are disconnected.

Not a very good surprise gift, huh?

:mad:

Back when I was engaged, I ordered my ex flowers and a balloon for her birthday from 1-800-flowers. The arrangement not only did not resemble the picture, but it was tiny, less than 8 inches tall. I was angry and embarrassed so from then on, I go to a local florist for my local needs and I use FTD.com for sending stuff out of state, and I have had pretty good luck with FTD though they do cost a bit more than the others.

Try waking up every year on your birthday bright and early and spending the day chasing flowers and cards for your daughters and wife then ordering the same for your daughter and granddaughters out of state only to go through what you guys are describing every year. Who ever said it would be great to have a valentines day birthday.

I ordered from proflowers.com on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery. I worked from home all day so that I could set up the vase, flowers, etc. for a surprise. I did this because I have one of those significant others that says "You don't have to get me anything for Valentines Day..."

So I watch the FedEx tracking and the box was on the truck at 7:16am. The delivery comes at 4:07pm. I open the box and have a BROKEN VASE. Luckily, we had another spare vase around so I could still set up the arrangement. I was able to get a human on the phone and they promised to redo the order and it was delivered today. The order wasn't exactly the same but they did include a PLASTIC vase. :rolleyes:

I had always thought about doing it but my father in law sent some to my mother in law about 3 years ago and they were horrible. He was embarrassed and I dont blame him. The were tiny and looked half dead already and ofcourse, the vase was broken.

I dont send roses on Valentines Day b/c I refuse to pay double for them since I send them throughout the year. Anyways, I have started sending chocolate covered strawberries from Sherri's Berri's and I have to tell you guys my wife loves them, everyone in her office is jealous, and did I mention my wife loves them. They are expensive but cost the same as sending roses that are going to die in 3 days. Just a suggestion.

I always use Proflowers.com when I order, just DON'T wait untill the day before to do it, I have an account thats free to sign into and they will e-mail you a reminder two weeks in advance of whatever date you set up, I.E. bitrhdays, anniversary, valentines day ect. it's great and you will be "the man" My Sister and Mom live in Ohio and they REALLY appreciate when I send them flowers, I've never had bad luck with Proflowers....so far....so good.

Roses on Valentines are a waste of money in my girl opinion. I told Tom not to waste money on that and if he really felt to buy flowers, send them to the church or the rest home his mom works for.

He sent me chocolates last year but my dad and brother got ahold of them faster than I did. :p

Roses on Valentines are a waste of money in my girl opinion.

I totally agree with you! I can't stand getting a bunch of flowers...never have. What a waste of money!

Greg, I am a woman that says "You don't need to get me anything." and means it. I'd rather signs of caring throughout the year for no reason at all other than to let me know I matter. That being said, the right words can mean so much more than a material present.

A single rose on any other day on the calendar for the right reason means so much more to me. The last rose I got was bought on a street corner on the way to meet me just for a few minutes by someone on their way out of town. It wasn't the rose....it was what was said as it was handed to me. I still have it. I haven't kept any other bunches of flowers bought on holidays or for 'make up'.

I totally agree with you! I can't stand getting a bunch of flowers...never have. What a waste of money!

Greg, I am a woman that says "You don't need to get me anything." and means it. I'd rather signs of caring throughout the year for no reason at all other than to let me know I matter. That being said, the right words can mean so much more than a material present.

I'm glad another girl agrees with me. A friend of mine asked me what Tom got me and I told her that I'd told him he didn't have to get me anything. She looked at me and said 'You are not normal'.

It makes me just as good when he remembers what I like to order on my sandwhich and how much sugar I take in my coffee.

My Wife is the same too, She feels flowers are a big waste of money, so I never get them for Her, but for My Mom and Sister in Ohio It's much easier and they love them. Last year Tammy and I made a pact that from then on We would only get each other practical gifts that we need or want, instead of stuff that gets thrown in the drawer only to be found years later. The same with Christmas, Birthdays Ect. Last year it was a trip to Colorado for 10 days for Anniversary/Christmas, We had the best time, MUCH better than candy and flowers, diamonds or a Rolex (well maybe, I still enjoy my rolex)

OK, Jenn and Kelly, please tell me if you got those flowers despite your desire to have them you wouldn't appreciate them. You see, us males have spent the last 6000+ years trying to figure you women out and, in my book, I learned to stop asking since your types don't say what you want anyway. My wife made it quite clear that I don't have to bring her flowers to prove I love her. I heard her words but I buy her fresh flowers to where we have a bouquet on the kitchen island about 250 days a year. I stopped listening to her words and I just watch her eyes. Based on what I see, I'll keep her in fresh flowers. You ought to see her glow as guests come in and ask "What's the occasion?" She just smiles and says, he always brings me flowers. I won't repeat what her friends say after that about their husbands.

OK, Jenn and Kelly, please tell me if you got those flowers despite your desire to have them you wouldn't appreciate them. You see, us males have spent the last 6000+ years trying to figure you women out and, in my book, I learned to stop asking since your types don't say what you want anyway. My wife made it quite clear that I don't have to bring her flowers to prove I love her. I heard her words but I buy her fresh flowers to where we have a bouquet on the kitchen island about 250 days a year. I stopped listening to her words and I just watch her eyes. Based on what I see, I'll keep her in fresh flowers. You ought to see her glow as guests come in and ask "What's the occasion?" She just smiles and says, he always brings me flowers. I won't repeat what her friends say after that about their husbands.

Doc you are "The Man", My Wife says the same things after working a "12" in the ER and comes home to the dinner cooked, dishes washed, laundry washed and folded and/or Her bath waiting. I work umteen hours too but it sure makes for a happy Home to do the little extra stuff.

I did one of those mail order flower deals and not only wasn't the order very impressive but I got emails forever from them. :(

TeleFlora for mothers day showed this lovely ALL purple roses with a hint of other purple flowers in a purple vase, so I ordered it, looking at it online but called to make the order. The first problem was me answering, yes they could substitute if necessary as long as the purple vase and it was purple flowers of some sort. I called back ten mins later to recant, guess it was too late. I got a picture of a sloppy cheap multicolor bouquet in the purple vase on Mothers Day sent to me by my daughter. So I call and complain and tell them send over the purple flowers that she has the right vase..........so another teleflorist sends over a multicolor basket of flowers, that at least were arranged, but not what I ordered, I requested my daughter send a picture of the replacement. I get on the phone, Im able to call the florist directly, and I call the receptionist where my daughter works and told her to not accept anything but the purple bouquet of roses next time. A delivery person shows up with just the Purple arrangement as they should but the receptionist did what I told her, not knowing a few other purple flowers would be in the bouquet, and the delivery person started yelling and screaming and cursing at the receptionist. HR and the VPs office is right next to the security reception area, as well as my daughter, who all run over to see whats going on. To my daughters total embarrassment they almost had to threaten to call the police to get the delivery person to leave........and I got an erate phone call from my daughter who let me know its not ok to have anything in the future sent to her work :( I called and emailed Telefloral until they removed the all purple bouquet, after calling a few florists who told me, purple is the hardest color of rose to get, and that offering it nationally on Mothers Day was a poor decision on Teleflorals part. Id like to know how many people do not recieve what was intended, I bet more than 60 per cent dont get what they ordered, since it took three delieries to get mine. I now send Edible arrangements, although last time they forgot any sentiment card and it was Christmas.

QUOTE]

I'm glad another girl agrees with me. A friend of mine asked me what Tom got me and I told her that I'd told him he didn't have to get me anything. She looked at me and said 'You are not normal'.

It makes me just as good when he remembers what I like to order on my sandwhich and how much sugar I take in my coffee.

Yes.....I agree too!!

We haven't done anything for V-Day for the last several years....and I'm totally fine with that.

Save the flowers for REALLY SPECIAL occasions............like this!

Web_DSC00002.jpg

(and then get 'em from the local florist...like the one who has sponsored us for the past few years....works out great!)

Kelly and Jenn, yall arent alone. My wife is the same way and she knows that she's not getting roses from me on Valentines Day. I told her that when we started dating and she's fine with it. I normally send her roses 3 to 5 times a year though just because. But I do highly recommend the strawberries.

Doc and Kenny.....that's what I mean! It's not WHAT you get or do, it's WHY you get it or do it! That means so much more to me! I don't want a date on a calendar to be the trigger. :)

Doc and Kenny.....that's what I mean! It's not WHAT you get or do, it's WHY you get it or do it! That means so much more to me! I don't want a date on a calendar to be the trigger. :)

I do get my wife other things throughout the year as well. This is the first year in a few that I ordered her flowers on V-Day, we usually just have a nice dinner out. But the biggest reason I ordered these for her is the design, the vase, etc. And it didn't even resemble the picture (nothing ever does) but it wasn't even close.

BTW....have yet to hear from 800-Flowers yet.......

Maybe I should just contact Visa and complain...

I'm single, but the gammet of Valentine's Day updates I got from friends saw that the day brought out the best and (yes) the worst in relationships.

It's a funny day!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back