Well someone doesn't like the HD deal (1 Viewer)

that stinks. if this deal falls through- will this sport ever get better, more popular, or better run? makes you think.

I have no problem with a sale, pretty much, in the manner proposed. However, the price is so low (to me) it sounds like an inside deal.

There's the matter - if the proceeds are going to support the sportsmen side there has to be enough money to ensure it's ongoing survival.

Guess I'd like to see new owners who are really committed to motorsports and are going to stick around. It'll be interesting to see who's behind the lawsuit. There are lawyers who bring these actions who are only interesed in a big $$ fee and giving "peanuts" to members of the aggreived class.:confused:

I become aware of all the benefits this will mean for our sport and now someone wants to stop it? A birdy told me this deal isn't going to be a welcomed deal for a specific class... Perhaps they are the ones starting it, but I wonder why it wasn't sooner..

CJ Curtsinger

In my own opinion, I think that the HD deal is absoleutely horrible....I think its great that this guy built DirecTV, but let's face it, when DirecTV came out, it was new and exciting...Any one of us could have had some success with it...In fact, as a former principal in a very large satellite retailer (until 2003), if I had the time, I could tell you a lot of things that they DIDN'T do right, but thats for another day...

Here is the bottom line....Bruton Smith is the ONLY owner that makes ANY sense for the NHRA....

First of all, he owns half of the tracks already....

Secondly, his reputation for taking care of the racer is unsurpassed...

And third, he is a terrific promoter..the best in the business...

Now, There are a couple of other things to consider here....Bruton Smith already has huge relationships with other sponsors outside, and some existing sponsors inside, the NHRA...He also has a tremendous amount of clout amongst the Fortune 500 community....And finally, he has all of the leverage that you would need to make a terrific TV package, with network promotion, I may add....

I am VERY, VERY suspicious why he wasn't offered this opportunity, because if anyone has followed his famed career, this is a move that I feel like he would jump on...It has been no secret that he has been interested in the past....

Oh, and I almost forgot....Many of his facilities contracts with the NHRA are coming up for renewal over the next couple of years...

This could get interesting....

Last edited:
that stinks. if this deal falls through- will this sport ever get better, more popular, or better run? makes you think.
How do you see the it being more popular or run better when the same people that are running it now will be running it when HD Partners takes over?

... However, the price is so low (to me) it sounds like an inside deal.
It is totally an inside deal. If it wasn't, why wasn't Bruton Smith's offer considered in a real way. I'll tell you why. Because none of the present NHRA management had a place in the Bruton Smith NHRA. This deal was kept secret and sprung on the unsuspecting masses because it ensured the safe haven for the management... as well as a financial windfall.

It is totally an inside deal. If it wasn't, why wasn't Bruton Smith's offer considered in a real way. I'll tell you why. Because none of the present NHRA management had a place in the Bruton Smith NHRA. This deal was kept secret and sprung on the unsuspecting masses because it ensured the safe haven for the management... as well as a financial windfall.

You forgot to say: "it is my opinion that..." :-D!

CJ Curtsinger

Greg...I TOTALLY agree with you....You get it, bro...

Tom Compton is not the right guy to be running the NHRA...but I will leave that for another day....

I should tell the story about the ingenious decision that he made in 2004 to not allow a sponsor in the series that Frank Oglesby and I had ready to go...This sponsor was one of the top 25 media outlets in America, and top 3 for the Male 35-54 age demo, and the sponsor was ready to promote the shit out of the NHRA and its events, to obviously help their own interests in the sport....

After Compton tells us that they are innapropriate for a family sport (which is B.S. because you can buy their "stuff" at 7-11, CVS, KMart, Walgreens, etc...), he gets charged with a DUI two weeks later....Family sport...? Hypocrit...?

Whatever....My point is, this series needs serious leadership, and it won't come from any of the existing brass at NHRA...They are all stuck in "wheelspin" mode...

Obviously, they will be critical of these comments, given my career, but someone has to wake them up...I, and some other agents that I am friends with, do deals in NASCAR, IndyCar, even ChampCar right now...There is NO secret why we are not recommending NHRA to our clients right now...There needs to be CHANGE, NOT "modification!"

Just watch what happens with the Unlimited Hydroplanes next year..you will see it done right...

Thanks for letting me vent, friends... :)

After Compton tells us that they are innapropriate for a family sport (which is B.S. because you can buy their "stuff" at 7-11, CVS, KMart, Walgreens, etc...)
Rubbers?? :D Ointment?? :eek: Cough Syrup?? :) TV Guide?? ;) SOB!!

Rock-on Rathman, see you in a obituary or never again... LOL
Sorry Bro, I gotta go...

You know who it is, Ghio....lol

Hence our "alternative stratedgy"...lol
I don't know sh!t....... ;) You will never get me to admit to anything even as my hand is on that book and I am being sworn in to testify on your behalf... :eek: Now that the venting is done and the soup is ready... :p Delete and Bail before we are caught... :D

LATA-

I'm not concerned about the agents rumors, after all, just look at the source... It's coming from the National Enquirer of drag racing and the agent never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. :eek:

I'm not concerned about the agents rumors, after all, just look at the source... It's coming from the National Enquirer of drag racing and the agent never lets the truth get in the way of a good story.
This may be that 1 in 100 though Angelo... :eek: And thanks for taking care of and hooking up my lil bro Michael... :cool: He's a wine drinker BTW- Hops make him break out in a rash and do and say stupid shiite... :p Sorry Mike...

This may be that 1 in 100 though Angelo... :eek: And thanks for taking care of and hooking up my lil bro Michael... :cool: He's a wine drinker BTW- Hops make him break out in a rash and do and say stupid shiite... :p Sorry Mike...

I'll have to keep that in mind. Mike's a great kid with a lot of energy and a huge passion for drag racing. Maybe he should think about announcing... I'm sure he would give Alan a run for his money and I bet he tells better jokes too...

Just kidding Alan. :p

I'll have to keep that in mind. Mike's a great kid with a lot of energy and a huge passion for drag racing. Maybe he should think about announcing... I'm sure he would give Alan a run for his money and I bet he tells better jokes too...

Just kidding Alan. :p

Better jokes than me?????????
hahahahahahahahahahahaha stop it you're killing me..........

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back