Graham light sticks foot in mouth? (1 Viewer)

What's the Pro qualifying money at nowadays anyway?

If you belive all the PR hype from NHRA and the team owners, $5K a pass is the cost to drag it to the line... If Graham and Co. can say that they will payout at least $8K to see you up there at least once on Friday and once on Saturday, then bring on the new, RUMORED policy...

But if anyone can explain why someone has to go into debt just to make sure that Glendora can say they have a "show", please explain it in a fashion that the simple minded of us here can understand.... ;)

Ok then get rid of the the 12 "carryover" times and just go with the quickest 16... I have never liked that. And try explaining it to a newbie.. its almost as hard as a hole shot or the infield fly rule

I gotta think(ok hope) this is just some crazy rumor

Agent clearly states this is a "RUMOR".
That being said, Rulebook, Section 2 - Race Procedures - Qualifying - states "All qualifiers in Top Fuel, Funny Car (etc} must have A valid elapsed time recorded to be placed into eliminator competition."
And . . . Section 3 - Points and Related Programs - NHRA National Events -
"10 Points to all contestants – ONE qualifying run required."
I can't find anything stated about how competitors are paid.
However, I believe it was reported that B&J Top Fuel team was not paid at the Winternationals after winning round one because they could not return for round two - also can't find these payout rules right now.
Can NHRA really be this stupid? - I hope not.

All the talk from nhra about keeping cost down for the racers, then this. Just another way to screw the racers. Like T Sartain said, it should be the quickest 16, only one mandatory pass to get in.

Save the racer money (BS), like the "spec" nitro motor. you think that won't cost the nitro teams big $$. And if they DO go to the new motor, just wait till they re-write the alky rule book.

Save the racer money (BS), like the "spec" nitro motor. you think that won't cost the nitro teams big $$. And if they DO go to the new motor, just wait till they re-write the alky rule book.

Zappy... Where is the big $$ that the nitro teams are going to encounter in the spec motor?? :confused:

Hijack alert

:rolleyes:

Zappy... Where is the big $$ that the nitro teams are going to encounter in the spec motor?? :confused:

Hijack alert

Unproven combination so would require lots of trial and error , oddbal part sizes so would have to get all new pistons and things like that . New heads would have to be developed to cope with the smaller displacement . You just need to look at all the setbacks the nhra themselves are having with testing the spec engine idea the common excuse being lack of available parts .

Unproven combination so would require lots of trial and error , oddbal part sizes so would have to get all new pistons and things like that . New heads would have to be developed to cope with the smaller displacement . You just need to look at all the setbacks the nhra themselves are having with testing the spec engine idea the common excuse being lack of available parts .

It's probably not that the new spec motor will cost any more or less than the current units. If they actually arrive at such a thing, I can't see where the components themselves should really cost any more or less than the current.

I would venture to say the fact that the current inventories most of the teams have for the combination being run now will all be obsolete and ultimately useless, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth, would be the major reason that this will be a problem initially.

Sean D

the money quote from the article: "And so it goes at the headquarters on 2035 Financial Way in Glendora … and evidently with a zip code in another reality."

If the privateers can get in with only one run, I say let them!

What is NHRA's beef here; that maybe some under funded nitro teams can at least cover expenses for running an NHRA event? HOW DARE THEY!

I say leave things the way they are. Under funded teams exploiting any angle they can to stay out there is not NHRA's biggest problem. Especially if you consider where the TV ratings are going!

It just seems like another ploy from NHRA to pick racers pockets because I think NHRA feels they're the only ones that should be making any money out there!

-90% Jimmy

..........Especially if you consider where the TV ratings are going!........

as an organization, if nhra is paying the big bucks to espn to televise them
with respectable time slots, doesn't it stand to reason the last thing nhra
wants to present to it's tv/sponsor audience is a short field on your
sunday race telecast?.......something about perception is reality.

The Agent's track record tells me this is not true.

Let's not forget that NHRA also denied the Coca Cola Bottling Company was going to sponsor the NHRA series after Winston left... or that they were not trying to sell the NHRA to HD Partners or that they paid off the Pro Stock Truck racers and let's not forget they denied they ever had a tire problem in Top Fuel and Funny Car!

Has anyone seen the complete report yet on Darrell Russell's death that Graham was going to deliver to all of us on ESPN?

And recently they denied a SPEC engine in the works and changing to 1,000 foot racing.

And that NHRA denied how much was being paid for the ESPN TV production.

One last one... Steve Johnson's Pro Stock Bike win at INDY.

Have a great Independence Day, please remember what it means! ;)

Sure... right....

Consider the source. Everytime something like that comes from the "agent", you have to go to Comp Plus to find out if it is true.

Next question - what is the definition of a "pass"? Staging the vehicle, posting a reaction time and moving 1/2 of an inch out of the starting line beams? Oh wait - maybe it's lighting up the 1000 foot timing scoreboards with a valid recorded time? And if that's the case - does that include coasting past the 1000 foot beam with your motor off, parachutes dragging...at a whopping 51.43 mph?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back