The Smith - Arana incident (1 Viewer)

The Arana camp's rendition of the incident in Bobby's story seems sincere, but I also remember something said about George Bryce, who I would believe is as trustworty a source as you could ask for, actually witnessing punches being thrown by Gonzalez. That said, it looks like a little fibbin' is coming from both sides. The classic, "three sides to every story", with the actual truth lying somewhere in the middle.... ;)

NHRA did the right thing.

Sean D

My take on the incident is:
NHRA should have thrown both teams out of that race and said settle this outside of NHRA.
We will see you at the next race. If its not settled we will determine our next decision then.
But for now since we can't say who is right and who is wrong, Your both out.

cYa

thank goodness the PSB soap opera is finally NOT @ BIR this year.
won't miss them at all.

And here I thought I would be rid of the he said she said crap for my summer vacation.....

What exactly was he "throwing down orally?"

Are you kidding me? If I show up at your pit and call you out. We get into a shouting match. You tell me to leave, I refuse to leave and continue to talk s***. That is throwing down orally. Maybe you would be ok with it but there are still people out there that will hit you in your open mouth. He was "sucker punched" only because he thought he could say whatever he wanted and no one would do anything

Not saying what happened was the right answer but he should have been on "high alert" with what was going down

Are you kidding me? If I show up at your pit and call you out. We get into a shouting match. You tell me to leave, I refuse to leave and continue to talk s***. That is throwing down orally. Maybe you would be ok with it but there are still people out there that will hit you in your open mouth. He was "sucker punched" only because he thought he could say whatever he wanted and no one would do anything

Not saying what happened was the right answer but he should have been on "high alert" with what was going down

I was just passing by, but this made me laugh given who you directed it to. Your story is old enough to be funny now, right Randy?! Lol...care to share it?

Obviously NHRA didn't buy the "no punches were thrown" senerio.

Kind of hard for the NHRA to believe the Arana story when you have multiple people not involved with the situation confirming Matt's story. $7,500 is a lot of money for a PSB crew chief, I bet next time he will show some more class and not act like a street thug. You can't go around punching people even if they say something you think makes them deserve it. Talking smack will not get you in trouble, throwing punches will.

Kind of hard for the NHRA to believe the Arana story when you have multiple people not involved with the situation confirming Matt's story. $7,500 is a lot of money for a PSB crew chief, I bet next time he will show some more class and not act like a street thug. You can't go around punching people even if they say something you think makes them deserve it. Talking smack will not get you in trouble, throwing punches will.

All teams should have a designated hitter that isn't a crew wrench critical guy, then kicking him out doesn't affect your team. Just my 2 cents.

Rick

All teams should have a designated hitter that isn't a crew wrench critical guy, then kicking him out doesn't affect your team. Just my 2 cents.

Give him a mask, a cape, and a nickname like "El Diablo" like they do in Mexico. Yep, that's the kind of sport I want to be a part of...

Hey, hocky teams have designated "goons." Why not racing teams?

I don't care how well your team if funded, $7,500 is not chump change. I'm thinking this one's gonna be appealed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back