The Smith - Arana incident (1 Viewer)

Arana doesn't come out looking good in this deal for sure but I am reminded of something my dad used to tell me. When there is trouble, talk isn't really needed. If you insist on talking smack like Matt did, you should never be surprised by someone taking a swing..........

Note: For all those having a PC kitten, I have no problem with the punishment handed out for the punch thrown. Just find it humorous someone could think it was a "sucker punch" in that situation. :)

Arana doesn't come out looking good in this deal for sure but I am reminded of something my dad used to tell me. When there is trouble, talk isn't really needed. If you insist on talking smack like Matt did, you should never be surprised by someone taking a swing..........

Note: For all those having a PC kitten, I have no problem with the punishment handed out for the punch thrown. Just find it humorous someone could think it was a "sucker punch" in that situation. :)

Agreed. Matt came over talking smack ''dont disrespect my wife etc. etc.... ok if that was his attitude then it seems to me he got what he came over there for which was a fight. Maybe he just wanted a verbal rumble. But thats not always how it works:(

Agreed. Matt came over talking smack ''dont disrespect my wife etc. etc.... ok if that was his attitude then it seems to me he got what he came over there for which was a fight. Maybe he just wanted a verbal rumble. But thats not always how it works:(

Talking smack? Are you saying you would let another man talk to your wife like that? If you would, you are not much of a husband or a man!!!

Regardless of gender roles, for Arana to even bring up the seat with her, when he knew darn well who is beef was with, is chicken-poop. So Matt goes over and asks, "so, what's the problem?" Completely the correct response.

No matter the venue, or who is right or wrong, no discussion regarding intellectual property should ever degrade into fisticuffs. Period. NHRA did the right thing, and Arana came off looking like a fool.

I think they both come off looking like fools.

Arana should have gone to Matt.
Matt should have been smart enough to not confront Arana in his pit, nothing good was going to come from that. He already knew Arana was mad and obviously he was mad too. Not a good mix.

NHRA was fully in their right (and did the right thing) by bouncing the guy for throwing the punch.

I don't understand. Matt bought the seat from Hector fair and square and then modified it. He can do whatever he wants to with it....it's his seat at that point!?!?!

Talking smack? Are you saying you would let another man talk to your wife like that? If you would, you are not much of a husband or a man!!!

Not what I was saying at all. I think Matt did the right thing defending his wife but should not have been surprised or been able to be "sucker punched" when he was "throwing down" orally that is..............

Not what I was saying at all. I think Matt did the right thing defending his wife but should not have been surprised or been able to be "sucker punched" when he was "throwing down" orally that is..............

What exactly was he "throwing down orally?"

I don't see the issue with Arana going to talk to Angie. She was running the seat that he had sent, along with the other. So...where's the other seat? Sounds like Matt took the other seat without saying anything...he HAD to know that this day would eventually come and he handled in "typical Matt Smith" fashion:rolleyes:
Asking another professional rider about a part is one thing...turning it into a "what are you saying to my wife" is the easy way out and a quick way to change the subject from the seat.
Answer this...do YOU think Angie doesn't know where that seat is? I believe she does, that's why she gave the "take this up with my husband" B.S.

""
Matt should have been smart enough to not confront Arana in his pit, nothing good was going to come from that.""

Winner! Anyone that has ever circle tracked knows you NEVER go into someones pit in anger unless you are willing to accept that the outcome might not pleasant.
Every pit fight I've ever seen involving the police were always met with the response "Is this your pit? No? Then what the hell are you doing here?"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back