The Finals! (1 Viewer)

The Finals never disappoint. The countdown format definitely helps make it interesting as well (sorry to all of you countdown haters out there). The only thing I was sad to see, was that the smaller street side grandstands were closed off again. We went to the 2014 Finals and thought those seats were the best viewing spot we had ever seen. We were hoping to make the trip there this year and intended to sit there, but we couldn't make the trip happen. Those seats were closed during Covid, but I hoped they would be back in operation this year. I guess NHRA figured the ticket sales didn't deserve opening those seats. Unfortunately the big grandstands had lots of empty seats. So sad to see this great event not have better attendance.
You think the Finals attendence was bad, I went to Orlando Speed Worlds Street Nationals yesterday and I think there were more competiors than spectaters. The pits were full. And 1/8 mile drag racing SUCKS!

I’m shocked at the low crowd. Always thought Calif. was the hub of drag racing. Plus, it’s a huge population center with L.A plus easy drives from other cities. Anyone know why the Midwest is more popular?

No beaches in the Midwest.

I’m shocked at the low crowd. Always thought Calif. was the hub of drag racing. Plus, it’s a huge population center with L.A plus easy drives from other cities. Anyone know why the Midwest is more popular?
For many here life is prohibitively expensive. Plus Pomona tickets are among the most expensive of any of the events (that I go to anyway) and food/ drinks are insane. I spent less for four days at the Stampede of Speed at the Motorplex (even though they charged for parking for the first time ever which really chapped my hide) than two at the Fairplex. The cost for a family would be significant hit for some, and right now the economy is hurting - but I don't need to tell anyone that.

Do it like I do. Record it (3-6pm Central today), watch it after dinner and you'll skip all the commercials and fluff you're not interested in.

"You'll be blown away when you find out who bought KB Racing. Announcement in a few weeks", Brian Lohnes says today. So who might that be? Tony Stewart? Nancy Pelosi? Don't laugh; she might have the hots for GA.
Keep hearing Hendricks Name!

I spent the entire season on NHRA.TV A rarity in the world of NHRA, a real value for us spectators. It was cool watching the first round of TF at Piranha Raceway (slot car track in Whittier, CA) while running my little cars. I watched the remainder while my wife drove home. I really enjoyed having access to Indy class racing. The only bummer was enduring the "antics" of the announcers and the disco guy. Maybe suffering through the frequent track cleanings and down time works once or twice a season. 20+ viewings of the same PA bits and the attempts to make the wheelstander interesting (after you have seen a steel bodied Dodge Dart do wheelies, a plastic Neon panel truck doesn't do it). Props do go to Jason Galvan calling index classes. He really gives some great insight and makes the classes much more watchable. Also, more color commentators during eliminations would really enhance the NHRA.TV show. You have a vast pool of really cool people you could recruit to do the job. Terry Vance needs a proper introduction to the crowd. I doubt many in the stands knew he rode a top fuel bike at Pomona back in the day.

Congrats to NHRA: The quality of TV production for NHRA.TV is now pretty good. Good to see lots of Glen Cromwell. Does that other guy still work at NHRA?
NHRA fix this: way to much down time on race day. Silly games and the screaming disco guy don't cut it. The disco guy from Billy Meyer's place was pretty cool.

It's my opinion. The way I saw it. Was not asking anyone for their concurrence.
Very few drivers make a difference in a race (i.e., Kalitta, Langdon, Ashley) with solid, consistent reaction times. Just MY opinion, Brittany is an average driver at best. Grubnic is an elite tuner and I sure hope Savage is absorbing as much as he can. As a team, they won the championship, but please don't make Brittany out to be a sharpshooter behind the wheel

Nobody is making her out to be one. You guys are downplaying her role in their championship for whatever reason. You don't see this with any other driver. Point blank, she stepped up this year when it mattered. .034 in the Vegas final was clutch and they needed it.

I just don't get it. Why is it so hard to give her credit?

Very few drivers make a difference in a race (i.e., Kalitta, Langdon, Ashley) with solid, consistent reaction times. Just MY opinion, Brittany is an average driver at best. Grubnic is an elite tuner and I sure hope Savage is absorbing as much as he can. As a team, they won the championship, but please don't make Brittany out to be a sharpshooter behind the wheel
cutting a good light every time is not the only criteria to be good. Keeping it straight and in the groove, pedalling, and knowing when to give up are just as important. I think she has come a long way in her ability in the last 3 or 4 years. There are lots of setup issues that can affect RT beside the driver. She may not be Prock or Ashley but she does OK

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back