Spring Vegas Going 4 Wide (1 Viewer)

What I mean mike is, that its their [nhra] sandbox, we have to play by their rules. Nothing we can do, no one is gonna agree with everything they do.
Just go enjoy the drags, or stay home, the choice is up to everyone.

What does that have to do with saying the points system is meaningless?

we no longer have a true season champion. NHRA takes hundreds of points away from drivers that erned them, and gives hundreds of points to DRIVERS that didn't earn them.

But lets not get into that again, been here what 11 years, don't see it changing.

Exactly.....you tell people they shouldn't complain about 4-wide and 1000 foot racing because it's "here to stay".....but then complain about the countdown and call the points system meaningless? Tell me that you can't see the hypocrisy there. When you're at Indy, make sure you tell Scott Palmer how meaningless the points system is and that he didn't earn the points that he and his crew are busting their ass to get so they can make a run for the title.

You do realize they ran 4-wide races as far back as the 60's? Was it a circus then? Drag racing has always mixed in entertainment with the pure competition aspect. Bruton owns 2 tracks that each have 2 events, so to offer 4 wide at 1 race for each track isn't a bad thing, IMO.

Nunzio Valerie Jr:

What make the world go round is we can all have our own opinions and we all know that opinions are like toilet seats and everyone has one.
Your question was yes 4 wide racing has been around since the 60's and YES it was a circus back then.

Consumers today have many different way's to spend their money and all I am saying if that's the show they are putting on I will choice to spend my money on something else.
I did not like it at Charlotte either!

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Exactly.....you tell people they shouldn't complain about 4-wide and 1000 foot racing because it's "here to stay".....but then complain about the countdown and call the points system meaningless? Tell me that you can't see the hypocrisy there. When you're at Indy, make sure you tell Scott Palmer how meaningless the points system is and that he didn't earn the points that he and his crew are busting their ass to get so they can make a run for the title.

Hold on. I never said people shouldn't complain. That's how new ideas come about. I simply pointed out that one 4 wide race on the west coast doesn't mean the end of drag racing.

As far as the current points system goes, I am against giving points to ANYONE that were not erned by winning rounds. That's my opinion. But that's what NHRA choses to do, and it's their sandbox.
So I can either give up on the sport & walk away, or, continue to go and enjoy the performance. I choose to enjoy.

Shorter show will probably be VERY appealing to Fox for a live network broadcast- which would be a great way for NHRA to kick off the season.

I wonder if permanent stands will also be built on that side. I frickin love the construction quality of the ones on the pit side.

Also, I would love for rd. 1 of alcohol elims to go back to Saturday night instead of 1st thing Sunday mornings.

Nunzio Valerie Jr:

What make the world go round is we can all have our own opinions and we all know that opinions are like toilet seats and everyone has one.
Your question was yes 4 wide racing has been around since the 60's and YES it was a circus back then.

Consumers today have many different way's to spend their money and all I am saying if that's the show they are putting on I will choice to spend my money on something else.
I did not like it at Charlotte either!

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com
Agreed!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back